The Evidence Room

Right To Remain Silent
Sixteen 
 
The evidence room was impenetrable. Nothing got in or out that wasn't supposed to. It may seem to be an overkill, why not have a few guards stationed outside? This question was usually what civilians asked. Evidence from every case that the police ever took on was stored in this particular room. And evidence from every case in the future would be. The evidence room wasn't even in the precinct, deemed too important to be on sight. Now wasn't that a spectacular idea?
 
Currently on duty, outside the room was Chaelin. But no one was allowed to call her that if they didn't want a broken nose, so they stuck to calling her CL. She was small in size but packed a nasty punch if you got on her bad side. Her unit named '2NE1' was a special unit that worked closely with Internal Affairs. However her latest case was weighing heavily upon her. 
 
Despite them being in different units she'd found that she quite enjoyed spending time with the Big Bang division. They were more down to earth then the up tight officers around her, most who looked and spoke like there was a stick shoved in a place where the sun did not shine. They made her laughs and annoyed her too. But she really did like them. 
 
It'd been only yesterday that'd she'd heard about the explosion. It had been a shock because they were all too good to make a mistake. Internal Affiars were like vultures circling their pray now. They were just waiting to sink their fangs into one of the five, waiting to the consequences upon them. They were itching to throw away someone's career and if possible have them put behind bars, where they 'belonged'.
 
It was a cruel and unjust fate. That after years of respect and loyalty, the people that you thought were on your side would turn on you in seconds if you dared to make a mistake. It was truly sickening to CL. But it was out of her hands. 
 
She suddenly wasn't alone in the room. Two others entered, immediately bringing noise into the room and making CL's eyebrows furrow. 
 
"I told you I didn't break any of the traffic laws-" 
 
"Are you kidding me? You barely missed that bus!" 
 
"I said I didn't see it! I'm sorry okay?" 
 
"How can you miss a bus?!" 
 
The voices stopped when CL's presence was made known by the laugh she let out. The two men sounded like a married couple. The first man, who was slightly shorter then the other stepped forward holding out his hand, smiling almost blindingly. "I'm Cha Hakyeon, we're here to inspect a piece of evidence recently brought in..Miss...?" he left the question hanging, brows furrowed in concentration because he was sure that he knew this woman from somewhere else. 
 
CL clasped the hand in her own, shaking with a tight grip, though the older detective showed no apparent reaction. "CL." she said, offering no further explanation, with a quick show of her badge and ID she stated. "I'm going to need to see badges. From both of you." she said rather bluntly.
 
Hakyeon raised a brow before dropping his hand to the side and then holding up his badge. The man from before did the same and CL noted that his name was Kim Wonshik. Now that name wrung a bell. Internal Affiars had been after this guy for a while now. Just waiting to bring him down somehow. They suspected that his family was big on underground trading, otherwise known as the 'Black Market'. Though she kept that information to herself. 
 
As if reading her mind, Wonshik suddenly narrowed his eyes at CL before putting his badge away, now on the inside of his jacket. The female rolled her eyes for a moment and looked back at Hakyeon as he began speaking. 
 
"We'd like to see the bomb." he said almost nonchalantly. 
 
CL almost wanted to laugh. She shook her head at him. "No can do. This is an Internal Affairs investigation." she said challenging the man. Hakyeon seemed to smile almost sweetly before he once again pulled out his badge. Pointing to where his 'rank' was displayed. 
 
"I'm afraid that I outrank you Miss CL. So there's really nothing you can do to stop me." he said, breezing past her with a small smile on his face that hid the glee that came with the clenching of the girls fists and the gritting of her teeth. Wonshik smiled too, sending a mock salute to the female before following his partner into the evidence room. 
 
"Kangin will hear about this..." she muttered just before they were out of earshot. 
 
The room was painted a navy blue, the paint chipping in age and peeling with the apparent damp it suffered from. There were shelfs lined up in rows, stacks of boxes that may contain murder weapons or stolen items. All important in their own way. But both detective were drawn to the shattered pieces of metal and plastic on its own table, to the left of the door. The bomb. Or what was left of it. 
 
Wonshik whistled. "Haven't seen on of those in a while...." he said as he stepped closer, seemingly pulling out a pair of rubber gloves from no where. Once they were pulled up to his wrists he stepped up to the table and started examining the mess of metal and plastic as well as a few wires. 
 
Hakyeon in the mean time picked up the report from besides the remains. Reading over it quickly, he sighed finding nothing useful. They hadn't found anything to suggest that the bomb going off was intentional. It both relieved Hakyeon yet filled him with dread. If it hadn't been on purpose that meant that one of the bomb squad had made a mistake somewhere along the line. 
 
"That's peculiar..." he heard Wonshik mutter. He looked up curiously. 
 
"What is?" he asked, all too eager to find out more about the bomb. He'd need as much information as he could gather. 
 
"It's just...well there's two electrical adapters here...when there should only be one..." Wonshik said, turning the two black stumped wires in his fingers, just to make sure that they really were adapters and he wasn't seeing things. 
 
"And what does that mean?" the black haired man asked, coming to stand besides the blue haired man, giving him a questioning look as he did. 
 
"It means that there were two timers on this bomb." Wonshik said, sighing and turning to look sadly at the elder, almost pitying him as he spoke next words. "And one of your friends set the second one on purpose." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hyuk really didn't understand it. It seemed as if he and Hongbin were danger magnets. They'd been driving to the precinct (since Hyuk had now forbid Hongbin from using bike) when they'd seen a hooded man zip past an brown haired woman, snatching her bag as well as knocking her to the ground. 
 
It had taken all but two seconds for Hyuk to sprint after the man, slamming his car to a stop beforehand, letting Hongbin's shouts of protest fall away. The scum had run into an alley further up the street and Hyuk didn't hesitate to follow him. The blonde had to admit, this man was fast. But that wouldn't stop Hyuk from catching him.
 
The thief, knowing he was being pursued started to become difficult, knocking over bins and boxes as he ran past in hopes of tripping the officer. However Hyuk was far too good, too well trained to be tripped by something so trivial. He jumped, avoiding any and all obstacles that were thrown at him and continued the chase. 
 
They'd made it onto a main road now, it was around lunch time so the streets were thriving with life. The thief in the black hoodie, barged past people, knocking some to the floor and shocking others. Hyuk muttered a sorry to those that he passed still adamant that he would catch the perp. Hyuk assumed hat it was a man he was chasing, based on the body structure anyway. 
 
The damage wasn't too hefty, just a few scrapes and bumps, as well as knocked over shopping bags. So Hyuk didn't linger, though he felt guilty for those who had been knocked over. He continued running, faster and faster. 
 
The man suddenly ran across a road, barely missing the cars as the owners slammed the brakes on yelling profanities out of their windows. Hyuk had to stop for a moment, almost being hit himself before he got to chasing once again, barely seeing the man turning into another alley way. 
 
Hyuk pressed on, skidding around the corner and seeing the criminal already down the other end of the alley, almost out again. At this rate Hyuk would lose him and the chase woukd be for nothing. 
 
Before the thief could disappear again, into the back yards of houses that faced the alleys, a car pulled up in front of the alley, which caused the thief (now unable to stop himself.) to run right into the bonnet. The hit sent him to the floor, where he stayed groaning in pain from the momentum. 
 
By time Hyuk got there, panting because of he run he realised that it was his car. 
 
"You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say, can and will be used against you in a court of law." he turned and saw Hongbin reading the man his rights, as the handcuffs slipped into place around his wrists. The man was pulled up, hood falling down to reveal a young man, with a scowl situated on his face and glare that wished it could burn holes through people. 
 
Hongbin smiled at Hyuk as he passed him, leading the man to the car. "What took you so long kid?" he asked playfully, slamming the door shut after the thief was inside. He'd made sure to out the child lock on too. Just to be safe. 
 
Hyuk raised a brow at the teasing and shook his head with a smile. "Your lucky that didn't dent my car." he said shoving Hongbin's shoulder playfully as he got into the drivers seat. He knew that he could count on Hongbin. 
 
 Hongbin grinned and picked up the fallen bag, he'd have to take it back to the station and see if he could return it. He stood back up and then returned to the car before it drove off, this time really heading towards the station. Well at least this had taken his mind off of Infinite for a while. He knew that he needed a break. And covering for Hyuk was a great way to do so. 
 
Hongbin found it cute how the younger tried to act like his superior all the time. He also noticed that Hyuk seemed very careful around him as of late. He was treating him as if he were a piece of fine china, fragile and delicate. Sure Hongbin was worried about the Infinite problem that he had but he wasn't any less a police officer because of it. 
 
He felt his neck itch at the thought of Infinite again. Dongwoo's words were playing heavily in his mind. 
 
'Take good care of that scar Hongbinnie~ we wouldn't want it to be reopened...'
 
Hongbin had to admit that it was an eerie threat. He didn't like it one bit. He'd managed to convince Hyuk not to mention their encounter to Hakyeon, god knew what their leader would say. He'd probably forbid Hongbin from even going outside or lock him in his office until he deemed it safe. He shook his head. They didn't need to know. 
 
The car suddenly stopped and Hongbin realised they were already back at the station. He stepped out of the car and quickly turned, helping Hyuk drag the unwilling criminal out from the back of his car. 
 
"Ready to fill out the paperwork?" Hyuk grinned and Hongbin groaned in exasperation. More paperwork. Yay. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Here's another chapter, as promised. ^^ And now CL has appeared. I'm going off on a slight tangent with the Big Bang side story. Don't worry, the demon hasn't been forgotten just yet. Thanks for reading and subscribing!