Team Bonding

Right To Remain Silent
Nineteen
 
Hakyeon hadn't expected everyone to be present when he walked into their 'HQ' that morning. Though what was even more unsettling was the fact they were all suddenly staring at him, even Taekwoon who usually tried to avoid him a lot, stood leaning against the wall besides the door staring at him as if he weren't human. When Hongbin came forward, grasping his hands and pulling him further into the room he knew something was wrong. Hakyeon chuckled nervously as he sat in his chair. 
 
"What's all this about?" he asked, fidgeting and fixing his fringe as he tried to seem casual. The others stayed silent for a few moments before Wonshik suddenly stepped up sitting on their leaders desk. 
 
"This is a consultation hyung." he said, completely serious. Hakyeon chuckled at this and shook his head before looking around and seeing how serious the others faces were. 
 
"Wait your all serious?" he asked, a somewhat surprised face taking the place of his old amused one. There were a few nods and a 'Yup' from Hyuk who grinned happily. "What for?" Hakyeon found himself asking them. He hadn't acted out of turn had he? He couldn't remember much from interacting with the team. Actually he hadn't seen them for a few days. He'd been swamped with work involving the Big Bang team. 
 
Turns out that GD went missing the day after T.O.P was arrested. He was a wanted man on the run now. Hakyeon didn't want to believe that he was responsible for the bombing, but to know that he would need speak to GD. And that wasn't looking probable at the moment. He'd been ambushed by reporters at every turn, trying to interview him for details on the case, though he could say nothing. 
 
Hyuk ran a hand through his hair looking slightly nervous and it made Hakyeon raise an eyebrow at the youngest. "You just...haven't been yourself hyung..." he says trailing off and looking at Hakyeon, shooting him a worried glance that caught the detective off guard. Had he really been that different from usual? He didn't think he had. He'd only been more involved in trying to track down Jiyong. 
 
Jaehwan walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, making him look up expectantly. "You've got dark circles under your eyes from lack of sleep hyung, your also skipping meals to do more in the day. It's not healthy Hakyeon-" he said and then suddenly silenced by the small glare Hakyeon sent him. So they were worried for him? That he understood. But it almost sounded as if Jaehwan was about to tell him to stop the investigation. And Hakyeon was not prepared to do that. 
 
"Look guys, I know I've been busy a lot lately but there's nothing to worry about. I'm fine. I just need to finish this." he said, eyes drifting from each of them. He stood suddenly but didn't get far as Hongbin placed a hand on his shoulder, where Ken's had been not a moment ago. 
 
"What you need is a break, your going to overwork yourself hyung..." he said, more determined to get his point across then he had been in a long while. Hakyeon took a longer look at the slightly taller boy before he shook the hand off continuing towards the door. 
 
"I have work to do...." he said, though his voice wavered slightly at the end. To be honest he was almost giving in to them. He was so tired. He couldn't sleep at night because his mind kept worrying over his friends and the cases that he had yet to crack open. He never really felt like sleeping but just kept feeling waves of tiredness wash over him at inconvenient times in the day. But it really touched his heart how all the task force members noticed his change and wanted to help.
 
His hand never quite reached the door handle before his shoulder were grabbed roughly and he was spun around to face his assailant, a very annoyed looking Taekwoon, his back hit the wood with a loud bang, shocking the rest of the rooms occupants. 
 
"Listen here Hakyeon," Taekwoon said pointing a finger at Hakyeon's chest, the somewhat threatening tone surprising even Hakyeon. Had he indirectly made the younger detective snap? "Your making us all worry for you needlessly." Taekwoon's voice was sharp just like his eyes as he stared at the older man. His eyes told Hakyeon all he needed to know. He wasn't going to be walking out the door like he wanted. 
 
"You are going to take a break." he said sternly, still keeping the older feeling pinned against the basement door. Hakyeon went to open his mouth but didn't get a chance to speak. "That's final." 
 
The others seemed to be in shock at the rather surprising scene. None of them had seen Taekwoon act like that before, even Ken who had spent the most time with him. 
 
Hakyeon finally sighed and nodded his head a little at the younger. There was no use fighting it. They'd get their way eventually. Jaehwan was the first to recover and he grinned, skipping over when Taekwoon moved away a little. "Ah hyung we're going to have so much fun~" he sang and grinned childishly. Everyone in the task force had to admit, Jaehwan was a kid trapped in a mans body. 
 
"We?" Hakyeon asked suddenly feeling the rest of his friends eyes on him. Hyuk and Wonshik were smiling at him, somewhat deviously and Hongbin was offering a small shy smile that made him seem a little awkward. Taekoon sighed and just kept his normal face on him. Though he felt like laughing at the look on Hakyeon's face. Hakyeon groaned as Ken threw an arm over his shoulder, pulling him closer. 
 
"We're all going to make sure that you take a break hyung, think of it as 'Team Bonding'." Ken said grinning almost sadistically and Hakyeon had to hand it to the younger, he was worried by the tone. He chuckled nervously. This was going to be a very long day. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you mean you can't swim?" Hyuk asked, somewhat surprised at the fun and bubbly forensic scientist. Because he couldn't swim. He'd had to stop himself from laughing at the offended look that his hyung had sent him. 
 
"I mean I can't swim Hyukkie." he replied and blushed in embarrassment at the scrutinising gaze he received from his partner. "The situation just never arose!" he tried to excuse himself on that but it didn't stop the others from laughing at him. He huffed indignantly and crossed his arms. 
 
"Alright alright that's enough. It's not Ken's fault he can't swim." Hakyeon said from the side, having been watching he chaos ensue with a small fleeting smile on his face. Despite being dragged into this idea of team bonding he'd really been enjoying himself. After confronting him at the HQ they'd dragged him back to his apartment and had demanded that he take some time to rest himself. Of course that involved them all staying over at his house and watching him to make sure he didn't try to sneakily do any work. Hakyeon couldn't fault them, because it's something he'd do too. 
 
Ravi had retreated to the balcony a while ago to take a phone call and Hongbin had gone to get him after Jaehwan threatened to begin eating the food they had acquired on their way here. 
 
They had conquered Hakyeon's room, saying that 'it had more room' for all of them to 'bond'. But he knew it just meant that the three youngest wanted his bed. He wasn't too concerned about it so he'd let it slide. It wasn't the first time he'd slept on the floor after all. 
 
"We should try to get to know each other more." Hyuk hummed, popping some of the sweets into his mouth to chew in whilst they waited for the other two to return. 
 
Ken raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "Why are you suddenly so interested in our life's eh Hyuk?" he asked curiously. He wasn't condemning the boys questions, he was just confused. Before this week Hyuk had never really been that interested in anything other then the case. He wonder what changed...
 
Hyuk smiled at that and lay back on the bed, sating up at the ceiling. "No particular reason...I guess someone just gave me something to think about..." he muttered and then tilted his head to the side, seeing the three eldest members of their team staring at him fondly. He rolled his eyes and sat back up. "Don't go all mushy on me hyungs..." he whined. 
 
A few moments later, Hongbin returned looking a little paler then he was when he went outside, with Wonshik trailing behind after him. Hyuk threw a concerned look but it was simply brushed off by the dimpled man, smiling a little at the younger with the excuse 'It was really cold.' 
 
"So since our youngest member is oh so interested in everyone so lately, how about we dish out some truths." Ken said, receiving a grin from Hyuk. The others, mainly Wonshik and Taekwoon didn't look so keen on the idea but Ken clapped his hands wildly anyway cheering. "Alright! Who's starting?" he looked around and no one volunteered. "Hakyeon-hyung! You start!" he said. 
 
Hakyeon sighed and ran a hand through his hair, fixing his fringe as he did so. He puffed out his cheeks in thought and looked at the others. "What sort of things do you want to know?" he asked, wracking his brain for something interesting they didn't already know. 
 
Wonshik hummed and replied. "Just something interesting hyung, something that not many people can say." he said and tilted his head to the side. He couldn't help his partner anymore then that, after all Ravi couldn't say something for him. 
 
Hakyeon thought for a moment longer before slowly raising a finger as an idea came to mind. "My brother is an idol." he said. There was silence for a moment before Wonshik made a 'pfffffttt' noise. "I'm serious." he said. Taekwoon seemed surprised, as well as the younger two but Ken just smiled and nodded his head. 
 
Wonshik suddenly leaned in and blinked at him. "Who is he, Hyung?" he asked curiously. Because Hakyeon didn't really seem like the idol type most of the time, considering how accident prone he was. But Hakyeon merely shook his head, placing a finger to his lips. 
 
"That's for me to know and you to find out." he said, leaving everyone hanging with anticipation. The leader smirked a little at the deflated looks, a little bit of revenge never killed anyone. Well that wasn't strictly true but that was besides the point. 
 
Ken cleared his throat again and smiled, pointing to Taekwoon next, who was sat in the office chair, meant for Hakyeon's desk in the room. "Taekwoonie-hyung, it's your turn." he said, making the olders eyebrow twitch and the others snort down a laugh. 
 
Taekwoon sighed, there was silence for a few moments, before a very quiet response was heard, only by Hongbin who was stood closest to the second eldest. "Sorry hyung?" Hongbin asked, unsure of what he'd said. Taekwoon sighed and repeated it again. 
 
"When I was 7 I had a pet cat named Whiskers..." he muttered, avoiding any and all eye contact with his co-workers. Though that didn't stop Hakyeon from latching onto him almost cooing at him. 
 
"Awww Taekwoonie! That's so cute~" he said and squeezed the larger man in his arms, who tried to pull away many times. Ken grinned and turned his attention to Wonshik, who immediately looked away, avoiding the elders gaze. 
 
"Wonshik-ah~ It's your turn." he smiled deviously, wondering what Wonshik would use as his truth. After all the man was actually rather secretive, he wouldn't even take a phone call in the same room as the rest of the team. Ken was curious, of course he was but he didn't intend on delving into Wonshik's personal affairs. 
 
Wonshik blinked and then tilted his head to the side confused. "But you haven't said yours yet, hyung." he said, drawing attention to the 'hyung' as he spoke. Since Ken had clearly decided to tell their truths in age order, from oldest to youngest apparently. Wonshik knew that Ken was indeed older then him.  
 
Ken grinned. "Hyuk spilled mine. I can't swim remember?" he asked and chuckled softly, trying to move on quickly from that little fact about himself. Wonshik tried to argue but found himself sighing at this and then thought for a moment on what he could say. 
 
"I write poetry and song lyrics..." he muttered quietly, though it was loud enough that everyone heard him loud and clear. It wasn't embarrassing but rather more interesting then anything else. The others in the room tilted their heads to the side as if trying to persuade the bluenette to continue but he shook his head firmly. "Hongbin, it's your turn.." he said. 
 
Hongbin smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his head. "Well you all know I dabble in photography..." he said which lead to nods and a few audible grunts. "Well... My work is featured in an art gallery in the Donghae district, after I entered a photography competition whilst at the academy...is that okay?" he asked, looking mainly at Ken. They both nodded, looking at Hongbin in surprise, because something like that was something to be proud of. Even Leo looked impressed. 
 
"And finally Hyukkie, what secret do you have for us?" Ken asked and grinned hoping that Hyuk had a good secret for them. After all he had asked for this little game. 
 
There was a sort  murmur from the bed and the others looked over at the youngest for the first time in awhile, all sharing similar smiles at the sight they saw. Hyuk had fallen asleep, perhaps minutes ago and was curled up on his side, hugging one of Hakyeon's pillows to his chest. He looked younger when he slept, Hakyeon realised and smiles softly standing and pressing a finger to his lips towards the other four men in the room. 
 
He didn't want to wake the youngest up any time soon. Hakyeon shooed everyone else to start getting ready for bed and draped the quilt over the maknae of their group, silently thanking him. Because tonight he'd learnt more about his team members, or rather people he hoped he could call friends. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hongbin hadn't meant to eavesdrop on his friend. He'd just accidentally stood outside the balcony door for too long. He'd always been curious about Ravi, only because of the sympathetic and somewhat guilty looks that would be sent his way constantly. There was something more then what Ravi was telling him, he could down right sense it. 
 
The conversation was a strange one. He hardly remembered it now that he thought more about it. It had been over something trivial he supposed. No, Hongbin only remembered one thing from those brief minutes.  
 
"Look L. I don't care about how important you and Sunggyu are to Infinite, don't bother to call me again until your both out and clean." 
 
And Hongbin's eyes had widened and he felt his sense of security crumbling. He remembered that name or code name he supposed. 
 
'Come on grandpa, L and I can definitely take him.' 
 
He'd only stood there for a few more moments before he knocked on the balcony door to gain Ravi's attention and then dragged him back to the bedroom where the rest of the task force was waiting. 
 
Hongbin had kept calm. As calm as could be after overhearing what he just had. Ravi knew them. He knew about them and he didn't say anything to Hongbin. Now it all made sense, all those guilty glances and looks of concern were because he was guilty. He knew them. All these thoughts were spinning around his head and they made him clench his fists. He was angry yet confused as well. Why would Ravi lie to him? After all they were in the same side right? Or was...was Ravi a spy? 
 
Hongbin groaned quietly and turned over to looks at Hyuk's sleeping form, as they got to share Hakyeon's bed. He stared at the younger for a moment and then smiled once he remembered the younger's promise to him from not long ago. 
 
'I won't let anything happen to you.' 
 
And Hongbin believed him. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello readers! Firstly I have to apologise for not updating for two weeks! I've been trying to finish this chapter for ages but got a massive writers block. Also I will be catching up now because I'm off college for two weeks for Christmas. Thanks for your patience, and comments and subscriptions. It all means a lot to me ^_^. Until next time (Hopefully soon!)