An Infinite amount of Possibilities.

Right To Remain Silent
Four. 
 
"It has been confirmed that the Demon has claimed a fifth victim. Park Min-Soo was found early this morning in the Hongdae district. Sources say that the police are no closer to discovering who is orchestrating these gruesome murders-" 
 
"Turn that off will you?" a tired and rough voice asked. He didn't need to feel any worse then he did at the moment. He'd been to Hongdae, casing the entire crime scene and the surrounding area. He knew all there was to know from the pictures. He didn't need to be reminded of it anymore.  He could say that this was a particularly horrifying murder. More so then the rest anyway. 
 
The other man in the room turned down the radio and looked at his co-worker strangely seemingly surprised by his words. "What's up with you Bean?" he asked. Hongbin had never been like this. Despite his job he was always happy and willing to cheer someone up. He never let it get to him. 
 
The clock was the only thing making a sound in the room now that the radio was off. Hongbin didn't usually let what he saw and took pictures of get to him. However today, with each picture he took the more tired he became. Seeing the blood just made him feel sick to his stomach, even if he didn't consider himself to be squeamish.
 
Hongbin sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "I guess I'm just tired today. My shifts almost over..." he said in relief as he glanced at the clock and gathered his things. His chair scrapped roughly over the uneven ground as he stood stretching his stiff limbs to get the feeling to return to them. 
 
He needed to look over some files at home for paperwork for tomorrow morning, so he stuffed them into his messenger bag, accompanied by his camera. After that he quickly escaped the cramped office, hearing his co-workers goodbye just before he was out of ear shot. 
 
His mind drifted off to the Demon case. It was getting a lot more attention from the media, it wasn't exactly helpful to have the public constantly judging your every move. He just hoped that this Demon was eventually caught, though even Hongbin knew that there were an infinite amount of possibilities at the moment with the limited information that the police had. 
 
Unlike most people that worked at the station, Hongbin rode a bike to work. (He found that he could combine exercise into his daily routine as a benefit.) He did this to avoid traffic as well, it worked especially well since his shifts usually lasted from early morning to late at night, just when people were rushing home from work to be with their families. 
 
 His ride was relatively uneventful. Until he got to Seogang bridge. The traffic was actually quite light as he weaved through the gaps left between cars, making his way to the left lane.  He heard it before he saw it. Grunts and groans reached his ears and he saw four people to the side of the bridge. The first three were beating on the forth or at least two of the first three were. The third merely watched in amusement. 
 
No one seemed to see what was happening as they drove by. That or they didn't care about it. No one stopped or attempted to help. They all drove past. All but one. 
 
"Hey!" Hongbin's voice interrupted the groans of the bloody excuse for a human as he jumped off his bike in front of the four, hearing it clatter to the floor behind him. The first man, who Hongbin thought looked exceedingly like a hamster scowled at him. 
 
"Get lost Kid before you get hurt." he said, narrowing his eyes dangerously as he warned Hongbin. Though the other two for the most part ignored him, continuing to kick the man on the floor. Said man was curled up into the fatal  position, trying desperately to protect his face from the onslaught of attacks. 
 
"Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?" he asked bravely, matching the first mans glare with his own. He wasn't about to turn around and leave. He noticed that all three of the men wore the same symbol. Were they in a gang of some sort?
 
One of the men who had been kicking the forth man stopped, now grinning at the new challenger. He was taller then both the first man and the other man who was still attacking the weak man on the floor. He swept his brown bangs to the side of his face and smiled grimly. Hongbin realised that he was unfortunately also taller then himself.  He looked Hongbin up and down, studying him before smiling. 
 
The third man also stopped and looked at Hongbin stoically before sighing slightly as if this was troublesome to him. He seemed to be the youngest of the three of them. 
 
The man, now seeing his chance, jumped up and ran for his life but not before shooting Hongbin a grateful look. After all, he'd saved his life. That left the three gangsters and Hongbin all alone. Hongbin realised all too late that he may have bit off more then he could chew. 
 
The oldest man sighed. "Now look what you've done..." he paused. "I was enjoying that..." he muttered, glaring harsher at Hongbin then before. The tallest man hummed and watched Hongbin as he contemplated whether to run or not. Hongbin decided not to, he wouldn't make it away on his bike before they got to him. And running was out of the question. 
 

"Come on, grandpa. L and I can definitely take him." The tall man said. The third man, that he now knew as L, merely grunted seeming bored with the whole situation completely. Though there was a glint of delight in his eyes. 

 
The first man growled at the name and sighed rubbing his forehead lightly at the situation already beginning to get a headache from it all. Why couldn't people mind their own business? 
 
"Can we hurry this up Sunggyu? We need to get back on time. Who knows what Hoya is doing all by himself...." L muttered and rolled his shoulders in attempt to loosen up. 
 
Sunggyu groaned and then glared even more at Hongbin. "Yah, Sungyeol, L take care of this guy.." he muttered. L and Sungyeol tensed up at this, now drawing closer to Hongbin. Hongbin let all his training from the academy flow to the front of his mind. He knew how to basically defend himself but he just wasn't a violent person by nature. 
 
Sungyeol came at him first, attempting to kick him in the chest to send him to the floor but Hongbin dodged and tried to send a blind punch to stun the taller male. Sungyeol growled when the brunettes fist connected with his shoulder, though it was pathetically weak. Sungyeol lunged at him, this time knocking him to the floor. 
 
They rolled around on the floor like that for a while, trying to gain dominance before Sungyeol's fist connected with Hongbin's cheek, temporarily stunning him into submission. With Hongbin in shock, Sungyeol easily overpowered him and sat on his torso, stopping his struggles. By the time Hongbin's sense came back, Sungyeol's hands were already around his neck. 
 
Hongbin thrashed in his tightening grip and gasped for air as his neck was squeezed. He kicked his legs and tried desperately to pry Sungyeol's hands off of him, practically clawing at them. 'Do not panic Lee Hongbin. Think.' he thought trying to calm himself as his lungs started burning, screaming for air. He drew his arm back and managed to land a half decent punch on Sungyeol's face, finding a sick satisfaction in the crunch that his punch resulted in. 
 
Almost immediately Sungyeol recoiled, retracting his hands to clutch his now bleeding nose. "You broke my nose!!" he yelled in pain as Hongbin drew in much needed breathes. Though it didn't last long. 
 
L's foot came down hard on his chest making Hongbin cry out in shock and pain as the slight heel of L's army boots dug into his skin. L leaned down, resting his body weight on the leg that dug painfully into Hongbin's chest. "Now that wasn't very nice..." he murmured, A new edge to his voice that sent shivers down Hongbin's spine. 
 
A hand appeared on L's shoulder and he turned to meet Sunggyu's eyes. "Hold him down." Hongbin felt the weight lift off of him and drew in his breathes painfully. 
 
Before he was able to react L had seized his wrists and pulled them above his head, stretching his arms almost painfully and Sungyeol sat on his legs, no longer seeming to care about his nose. Hongbin finally snapped back to reality and thrashed in both of their grip. But it was no use. He couldn't throw Sungyeol off and L was gripping his wrists too tightly. He stilled when he saw Sunggyu pull out a knife from inside his long coat. 
 
All Hongbin could focus on now was the glint of the knife in the days dying light. "Hurry up Sunggyu, before someone stumbles upon us." He didn't know which of them had said it as he couldn't stop staring at the hamster like man. 
 
Sunggyu sat on Hongbin's chest and lowered the knife so Hongbin could see it right in front of him. He trailed the blade across the youngers jaw, leaving a thin red line in its wake and brought it up to his cheek. Hongbin tried not to breathe, he couldn't believe this. 'I'm going to die..' he thought. Sunggyu continued to toy with him, moving the blade over his adam's apple and then his pulse before pausing and pressing harder into the side of his neck, carving something there. 
 
Hongbin cried out feeling white hot pain spread over his neck and tugging on his wrists, trying to pull them free to protect himself. But L's grip only tightened. 
 
Sunggyu chuckled as he finished and studied Hongbin's expression, taking delight at the fear that spread across his face. "It's too bad I have to kill you now...it would of been fun to keep you around awhile..." Sunggyu said before slowly raising the knife above his chest, right above his heart. 
 
Hongbin's breath caught as he did and he clenched his eyes shut. He didn't think he'd die somewhere like this, on a bridge in the fading light of dusk. He waited for the pain to come down with the knife. 
 
But it never did. Hongbin's eyes flew open and he realised that some of the weight had left him now. Sungyeol was gone, he'd somehow ended up on the floor a few feet away, sporting a few new bruises. Sunggyu was still in place but was now lacking the knife, looking shocked. 
 
Hongbin took his chance and kicked the shorter males back before throwing him off in his moment of weakness. Sunggyu withered from the unexpected attack on his spine, not able to stop Hongbin's escape. 
 
Hongbin realised that L's grip was gone too and sat up finding him in a fight with a blonde man. He stared both fascinated and grateful. This man must have saved him. He was slightly dazed but was able to follow the taller blonde man's movements, his expressions were so interesting to Hongbin that he failed to notice his neck continued to bleed. 
 
He heard Sunggyu shout something but couldn't process the words as his attention was elsewhere. Suddenly, everything was quiet and Hongbin finally noticed his wounds and blinked in wonderment. How was he still alive? 
 
He snapped back to reality when he realised that his blonde saviour was shaking him gently. Hongbin looked at him and quickly answered the silent question. 
 
"I'm okay." he said simply, still staring at the tall man that was crouched by his sitting figure. It's all he could say right now. He heard sirens in the distance, it was probably what scared the gang members off. 
 
The man laughed and shook his head at the response. "Sure you are. So what's your name? Or should I call you my damsel in distress?" the blonde asked playfully, secretly inspecting the older man's wounds. 
 
The light and airy response seemed to surprise Hongbin, he smiled in response. "My name is Lee Hongbin." he paused and decided to play along. "If I'm your damsel in distress does that mean your my knight in shining armour?" he asked. 
 
Surprise seemed to cross the younger mans face before he grinned slightly. "Maybe I am." he said and stood up, offering his hand. "I'm Han Sanghyuk." he said pulling Hongbin up when he accepted the hand. "I look forward to working with you." he said and grinned. 
 
Hongbin blinked and stumbled slightly as his head felt light. "Working with you....?" he muttered wavering slightly on his feet. 
 
"Don't worry." Sanghyuk helped him steady himself and smiled slightly as the sirens came closer. "I'll explain on the way." 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Hello everyone, sorry if this chapter seems really badly written, I had this chapter written up and was happy with it when it was accidentally deleted. I had to write it up from scratch, I was absolutely devastated. >_< 
 
Anyway, how was that little HyukBin moment? I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for subscribing~