Angels and a Hero.

Right To Remain Silent

Five. 

The lab smelt strongly of disinfectant and lavender, each respective smell also lingered of the forensic scientist, the only person in that room at the moment. A fresh body had been bought in. Since the medical examiner was unavailable, Jaehwan had volunteered to do the autopsy. 

"Autopsy File, Case 375, Subject 5. Name: Park Min-Soo. Victim is a male, early twenties. Cause of death is a gunshot wound to the head at point blank range, an execution most likely..." His voice drawled as he turned the man's head from side to side. 

 He usually became like this during working hours, shutting his usual personality away so he didn't get overly attached to victims. He hated it, being like this. But it was just easier. 

"The subject has deep lacerations on either side of his face in a symmetrical patterns, almost connecting at the chin. As well as on his arms and chest. There is deep bruising around the wrists and ankles as well as the neck." His eyes trailed over the mans face again before continuing. "Subject was most likely subjected to torture before death, due to the burns on his forearms and back, there's also..." Jaehwan paused carefully removing a jagged piece of glass from the male's shoulder. "...a piece of black glass embedded within the shoulder blade." he muttered inspecting it carefully before placing it in the tray. 

He moved over, towards the gun shot wound and sighed in relief as he was able to remove the bullet. He held it up to the light and turned it with the toothed forceps as if they were tweezers. "The shell casing is not fully in tact, it may be near impossible to tell what kind of gun this bullet belongs to-" 

"It was a custom made bullet to a first edition Daewoo DP51." a deep voice rang out making Jaehwan turn quickly to the door and turn off the recording quickly. 

Stood leaning casually on his door was a man, perhaps slightly taller then Jaehwan himself, his eyes were fixed on the bullet and his face held a rueful smile  on it despite the presence of a dead body in the room. Jeahwan placed the bullet down in another tray and put down his equipment before covering the body. 

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Jaehwan was surprised by the edge in his own voice but shrugged it off, giving the man a piercing stare.

The man kicked off the wall, strolling idly into the room and looking around curiously. "Well I'm here because one day my parents thought 'Hey, let's have a baby.' and after all the bibbidi bibbidi boo, out popped me." the sarcastic response made Jaehwan want to laugh but instead he raised an eyebrow as the lazy smirk remained on the other mans face. 

"Look I don't have time for games. I just need to know-" 

"My name is Ravi. Well that's what people call me at least. I'm Kim Wonshik." he paused weighing Ken's reaction for a moment before continuing and smiling. "I'm the guns expert assigned to your task force. Rovix informed me this morning. I thought I'd drop by to see who I'm working with." 

Jaehwan blinked and studied this 'Ravi' before shaking his head with a grin. "I think Wonshik suits you more quite frankly. Or perhaps Shikkie? Hmm?" He said and snickered at the others surprised face, not missing the slight red flush that crossed his face. "I'm Lee Jaehwan. I suppose it'll be nice working with you." He held out his hand to shake. 

Wonshik grinned and clasped his hand, shaking it firmly before speaking. "I heard they call you Ken." he replied looking at Jaehwan, eyebrow raised as the elders attention was drew to Wonshik's hair that was a bright orange colour. He snapped out of his daze and looked at Wonshik again before smiling and nodding slightly embarrassed at being caught staring at his hair. 

"Ah...yes they do." he muttered. Ravi opened his mouth and then quickly held up his hand. "No Barbie jokes, I've heard them all before." Ravi's mouth slowly closes and he pouted cutely. 

Wonshik looked over Jaehwan's shoulders and let his eyes land on the now covered body of the deceased. "We're gonna catch the Demon right?" he asked randomly, surprising Jaehwan. 

"Of course we are." Was all the forensic scientist could say. His gaze drifted to the body too. 

Wonshik laughed. "Does that make us angels?" he asked, making the others smile return as he cast a thoughtful glance at the other. 

"I suppose it does Wonshik...." he trailed off and smiled a little brighter. 'I suppose it does....' 

--------------------------------------------------

Hongbin's eyes opened, all he could see was white, everything was white. He faintly wondered if he was dead. Perhaps he was. He'd probably dreamt up Sanghyuk whilst he was left for dead on the bridge by those gang members. 

Death seemed peaceful enough. Though he thought it would have a few more features. Perhaps he had been dead, that is until the pain returned to his head and his vision began to clear slightly. Everything wasn't white but almost everything was. 

He glanced around and immediately knew he was in a hospital room, he could tell just from smell. All hospitals smelt the same. He sat up and rubbed his head, wincing when he ran his hand over a bruise there. He must of hit it on the floor when Sungyeol lunged at him. Oh. That's right, he'd almost died. 

Everything came back to him in a rush and he realised that he was still alive somehow. Perhaps he hadn't made it all up in his head. He then checked himself, his injuries had been taken care of, his neck was wrapped in bandages and he had a few sealed up cuts on his face but other then that he looked fine. Though he felt sore in some places too.  

Hongbin, being his curious self looked around the room and found a mirror on his bed side table. He tentatively picked it up and looked at himself before he found himself unwrapping the white clothe from around his neck. He felt sick at what he saw. 

When the bandages fell away he found ugly purple bruises forming a ring around his neck. Sungyeol's fingers...he recalled. But that wasn't what knocked him sick. It was the symbol that Sunggyu had carved into the side of his neck. The infinity symbol, a jagged and angry curve of lines, too deep to heal properly. It would definitely leave a scar. A horrid reminder of his encounter and the pain those men had inflicted on him...

"It's not as bad as it looks y'know..." a voice drifted in from the door and Hongbin looked up from the mirror to see a blonde man giving him a concerned look. So he hadn't imagined him...

"Sanghyuk." Hongbin muttered as the younger shut the door behind him and sat at the bottom of his bed. 

"You're quite the hero y'know.." was Hyuk's response. "A man was brought into the hospital last night, a bit before you actually. Said you'd saved his life from gang members that put a price on his head." Hyuk paused and smiled at Hongbin. "I'm not sure if you were brave or stupid at the time but well done." 

Hongbin just stared at him, blinking rapidly before he sighed and rubbed his forehead slowly. "Thank you." he said and looked up at Hyuk's confused stare. "For saving me I mean." he clarified and Hyuk laughed a little. 

"What kind of knight would I be if I couldn't save a damsel in distress?" he asked and winked playfully at the embarrassed Hongbin. Hongbin coughed and fidgeted with his hands.

"H-how long was I out?" he asked and bit his lip hoping he hadn't missed too much of work. 

Hyuk hummed. "Only a day or so." he said before continuing. "You passed out after the ambulances arrived. I've been trying to track down those guys but all I could come up with is that they belong to a gang named Infinite, big on drug trading and what not.." he said and looked at the mark on Hongbin's neck for a moment. "Don't worry, I've explained to Rovix what happened so you aren't missing much at work." 

Hongbin slowly nodded, soaking up the information quite quickly before remembering something. "You said we were going to work together...?" he asked. 

Hyuk smiled and nodded, opening his mouth to explain before there was a knock on the door, interrupting him. "Oh, team leader is here..." Hyuk muttered before shouting 'come in'. 

The door opened revealing a black haired man, dressed in a white shirt, black tie and long coat. He seemed to dress exactly like what you'd imagine a cliché detective to dress like. His eyes caught Hongbin's and the stranger smiled brightly almost flying to the younger's bedside. 

"It's nice to finally meet you Lee Hongbin! Too bad it's in hospital. Don't worry we shall catch the punks that did this." the overly excited man shook Hongbin's hand enthusiastically. "I'm Cha Hakyeon by the way. But you can call me N or Team Leader." 

Hongbin blinked at this and started chuckling slightly at this. "Ah I see. Well Team Leader what's the task force for?" he asked curiously. 

N's face became slightly harder for a moment before it relaxed again. Hyuk sat quietly in his chair observing both of his elders. 

"We're going to take down the Demon." 

-------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry, this chapter is quite short, the team is nearly all together! Tell me what you think ^^