My name is...

Right To Remain Silent

A/N: Hey everyone, quick note just before the chapter, I apologise for the delay in this chapter. It is way overdue. Thanks for the support, I really apprecaite it.

Note for the chapter: Nocturne Op.9 No.2 is a piano piece, listen to it if you'd like ^_^

Twenty Seven. 

Wonshik was 'overjoyed'. 

Well sort of. The good news was that he'd found Hakyeon and his brother, who he now learned was actually Sungjae from the boy group BTOB. The bad news was that from the amount of blood found in Hakyeon's apartment from Sungjae meant that if he didn't get medical treatment soon he'd bleed out and die. 

Wonshik had called Junhyung from the precincts basement, trying just about anything to track their leader and his brother. Of course they couldn't track his phone because that's the one that had been destroyed in Hakyeon's apartement earlier that day. But it seemed that a certain camera of a Law firms backdoor had been well within view of the apartments. 

Junhyung had found it and watched for a few minutes, Ji Yong had apparently dragged Hakyeon out of the door, tossing him into the back of the car. He'd been unconscious, as far as Junhyung could tell anyway. Then a few minutes later Ji Yong had all but thrown a bloodied Sungjae into the passenger seat of the vehicle. The kid was probably worse for wear at the moment, after all he had been shot in the stomach by the looks of it. 

The car had sped off into the night, however the registration plates were caught on camera. It was childs play for Junhyung to scan and copy the details of the car into a 'totally authorised and official' program that would 'borrow' recordings through traffic camera's in the area to find the car. 

That's how Wonshik found himself outside the entrance of a long since abandoned subway station. It had shut when the new line had opened, making this stop useless because of the now quicker and more efficient route below the city. The car that Ji Yong had used to transport the two brothers here was parked a little while away, Wonshik had checked. Other then the bloodstains in the front passenger side, there was nothing in the car that concerned Wonshik. 

He pulled out his standard issue gun and sighed slightly as he did so. Just because he was a ballistics expert you'd expect him to love guns, the discharge, the sound, even the feel of a gun for him. But in reality Wonshik didn't love them. No, he had more of an understanding and a repect for guns as a weapon, arguably the most efficent and successful weapon ever crafted by man kind. 
A gun could change a person, a country, a gun could even change the world. However it was because of these facts that the wrong side of the law favoured guns as a clean way of killing. They were adjustable in a way. If you wanted to kill someone quickly? Well just a shot to the head and that was it. But a gun could also mean a very painful and slow means to an end. For example, shooting someone in the arm of leg, in line with a major artery or hitting a vital organ. It could both end and ruin people's lifes. It was a rather grim thought, which ran through his head as he desceded the stairs. 

The lights were blinking, buzzing in their half life state, this didn't allow Wonshik to see very far ahead of him, making him more and more nervous all of a sudden. Wonshik was a killer shot when it came to aim...but if he couldnt see his target...

It was almost eerie, the tension and the odd atmosphere were coming together to form a scene right out of a horror film. Not that horror films effected Wonshik this much...

His eyes flickered around as he finally stepped off the last stair and onto the ticket platform. There were three or four tickets booths, glass clouded with dust that had probably been acumalated over the years. The glass was completely gone in the forth boothe, smashed to smitherines by the look of it. There were a few things there on the desk, office supplies like pens and pecils and a computer that frankly looked older then Wonshik himself and an casette player that was almost coated in dust. Wonshik was more surpised that they hadn't completely shut this place down, boarded it up so things like this couldn't happen. 

Wonshik checked all the darker corners, keeping his ears trained for anything. When he was about to move on he heard it, soft voices speaking quietly from a distance away. Even from where Wonshik stood he knew those voices. It was Ji Yong and Hakyeon. 

They were talking, or rather arguing but in a strangely civil and polite way. Though Wonshik didn't blame Hakyeon, it seemed as if Ji Yong was armed and from the wound Sungjae had received he was willing to hurt, perhaps even kill them if need be. 

Wonshik crept closer, gun still drawn and listened carefully. 

"He needs a doctor Ji Yong, he's going to...to die if you don't let him go.." Hakyeon voice was quiet, desperate almost and although Wonshik couldn't yet see his face he could tell that Hakyeon was frowning, maybe scowling at the words he'd said. He heard shuffling before Ji Yong laughed a little. 

"Well then he'll learn his lesson then won't he?" the man asked, Wonshik could imagine the cruel smile on his face as he spoke. From what the blue haired man could tell Sungjae was probably still unconscious, the heavy, ragged breathing was evidence enough. 

Wonshik decided that he needed a visual, he needed to see exactly what he was up against and the state of Hakyeon and Sungjae. So as Hakyeon fired something snarky back at Ji Yong, he carefully edged closer to the corner, peeking around it quickly. 

He held his breath at the sight, because they were all in deep trouble. Littered around were several packets of C4 and a few other explosives that were strategically placed on the pillars of the subway station. If Ji Yong were to set those off then he could bring the whole street down ontop of them. Not only that but Wonshik noticed that Hakyeon was there right in the centre of it all leant agaisnt the far wall. Wonshik could see the glint of handcuffs that secured the elder in place against an old looking water pipe. Sungjae on the other hand didn't even need to be cuffed, Wonshik doubted that even if he was awake he'd be much use, probably too weak to move much afterall. 

Ji Yong was a few metres away from Hakyeon thankfully, fiddling with a timer on one of the explosives on a centre pillar close to the trains old tracks. Wonshik had a clear shot of him but he didn't dare to take it. If he missed or if Ji Yong knocked against something there then he could blow them all up. Wonshik leant back against the wall, out of sight and bit his lip. He wasn't sure what the best course of action was...

There was no way he could get across the room to Hakyeon and Sungjae without Ji Yong seeing him. That meant he'd need a distraction...He nodded to himself and quietly slinked away, headed back towards the ticket booth. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hakyeoon was more then desperate at this point. He could see it happening, Sungjae was getting weaker and weaker. His wound was oozing blood, almost lazily, it had already soaked through his shirt and now pooled onto the floor. Hakyeon wanted to stop the bleeding, but he couldn't even reach Sungjae thanks to the far too tight handcuffs that Ji Yong had slapped on him. He'd pulled on them so much trying to get to his brother that they'd cut into his wrists, the blood soaking into his sleeves. But he didn't care. He only cared about getting his brother out of this alive. 

Ji Yong had been blathering on about some revenge plan. Hakyeon failed to understand how he was involved. Sure he'd put a warrant out for Ji Yong's arrest but he had to know that eventually he'd get caught right? Or maybe he didn't? He had framed T.O.P pretty well. 

Hakyeon had woken up about 15 minutes ago, his head had felt fuzzy and it took him awhile to realise where he was but when he had, he'd cursed himself mentally. No one knew where they were. He didn't even know if help was on the way. He'd noticed that the pipe that he was handcuffed to wasn't that sturdy, he could probably break it if he had enough time to. However Ji Yong was always glancing over at them, it made it impossible for him to work on breaking the pipe without him noticing. 

Hakyeon sighed slightly and leant his head back agaisnt the wall, closing his eyes as he tried to think of a way to get Sungjae out of this. However he drew a blank and bit his lip as he felt hopelessness take over his form. 

A few moments later, Hakyeon's ears perked up as he heard music faintly trickle onto the platform. Hakyeon heard classical orchestra flood into the room as he focused on it. He wasn't the only one to notice it either, Ji Yong looked up and then raised a brow in confusion. 

"Nocturne Op.9 No.2...." He heard him mumble as he slowly walked away from the platform, towards the music. Hakyeon watched him carefully and bit his lip softly as he saw him walk out of view. He immediately turned and started pulling on the hand cuffs, feeling the pipe shudder at the sudden pull after years of being still.

It creaked but didn't give and Hakyeon narrowed his eyes as he pulled harder, making the metal dig deeper into his skin. He heard foot steps approching and let out a frustrated sigh. Ji Yong was already back? For the love of...

"Hakyeon." That wasn't Ji Yong. No, Hakyeon turned and blinked in surprise as he saw Wonshik standing a few feet away, gun drawn and glancing around carefully as he slowly got closer to the two brothers. Hakyeon blinked and then ended up smiling as his partener knelt down beside him, fiddling with the handcuffs before he bit his lip and sighed slightly. "Are you okay?" He asked, but that question was kind of a given. Wonshik could see the cuts on Hakyeon's wrists from the cuffs as well as the bruise of his forehead from when he'd hit his head on the counter earlier that day, thanks to Ji Yong. 

Hakyeon shook his head with a smile before he glanced over at Sungjae with a concerned expression. "I'm fine, check on Sungjae for me..." He asked, well more like pleaded. Now that Wonshik was here at least they had a chance of getting out of here after all. 

Wonshik nodded his head and moved over to the younger boy that was slumped over on his side, just far enough away from Hakyeon so he could see him clearly but couldn't touch him at all.

Wonshik slowly pushed him onto his back and winced at the amount of blood that was soaked into his shirt. He lifted said shirt and shook his head in disbelief, from a wound like this...well Sungjae should really be dead by now. Wonshik knew that if they didn't hurry up then he would end up dead. He took off his jecket, folding it and pressing on the wound breifly, seeing Sungjae's face contort in pain, though he didn't wake up. He turned back to see Hakyeon pulling on the pipe the cuffs were attached to hard, the pipe shuddered but did not break under his strength. 

"We have to hurry." He muttered before he moved back over to Hakyeon and pulled against the pipe with him. The rusted pipe whined in protest at this but it was working, he could see that it was slowly seperating from the wall, closer to getting Hakyeon free. Well, free to stand at least. 

Hakyeon smiled softly but then frowned, eyes widening as he glanced over Wonshik's shoulder. He kicked Wonshik in the side and ducked as a bullet went souring by, imbedding itself into the wall Hakyeon leant against, right where Wonshik's head used to be. Wonshik recovered quickly and quickly took cover behind the closest pillar. 

Then there was laughter, from Ji Yong as he shook his head waving his gun around without a care. 
"You must be the partner? I didn't expect you to actually come. How rude, you didn't even introduce yourself." He muttered, thumbing the trigger of his handgun with a grin on his face. "Come to save Hakyeonie and his little brother....sounds like a bad romance novel..." he muttered as he kept his eyes glued to the pillar he'd seen the man disappear behind. This was so much more fun then he'd first imagined it would be...

Ji Yong didn't need Hakyeon or his brother. He just wanted someone to tell about why he'd done everythig he had. Hakyeon had been the obvious choice as he knew more about the investigation then anyone else. He also knew Hakyeon quite well, so maybe...maybe he'd understand him. Now he just had to take care of his partner. Then he'd blow them all to kingdom come. 

Wonshik sighed and took the safety off of his own weapon as he hid behind the pillar. He glanced back, Hakyeon was alright, the shot had missed him but not by much. A few more bullets hit the large pillar he was behind and Wonshik narrowed his eyes, stepping out and firing at the other man. He fired but missed by inches as Ji Yong took cover of his own. 

Wonshik bit his lip, leaning back on the pillar. He had to get close, he couldn't keep risking continuing on with a gun fight. He could hit one of the C4 packs that were around. It was a wonder that either one of them hadn't done so already. He peeked out from behind his hiding spot and quickly drew back, he bit back back a cry as something, clearly a bullet, glazed his cheek, just barely. 

He bit his lip and then made a run for it, switching to another pillar that was much closer to where Ji Yong was currently hiding. He recognised the gun model that Ji Yong was using and knew exacly how many bullets he had before he had to reload. Ji Yong had 2 bullets left. That's when Wonshik would move next. 

The younger man sighed and gazed over at Hakyeon who looked to be making progress on getting free before he drew from behind his makeshift cover. He was going to have to bait the bomb expert, however that meant that Wonshik had to be the human target for him. He didn't care much, as long as he didn't get hit. 

"Is it worth giving up your life for him? You can't be that stupid right?" Ji Yong asked. Wonshik rolled his eyes and ignored the jeer, as another bullet flew by, hitting the wall close to where Sungjae lay. 

"Everyone's got to die eventually anyway..." Wonshik narrowed his eyes and finally sprung out of his hiding place as he heard Ji Yong's gun discharge for the final time. He barrelled into the older man before he could reload the gun. It went flying from his hand and both went crashing to the floor. Unfortunately, Wonshik's own gun went flying from his grip too, landing a few feet away. 

They were struggling violently then, fists meeting eachothers as they fought for dominance. Ji Yong snarled and elbowed Wonshik's face, sending the latter off balance. This resorted in Wonshik being sprawled a few feet away as Ji Yong threw him off in his confusion. 

Wonshik got back up, blcoking the olders fists and gritting his teeth, feeling his resolve thicken. He needed to beat him and he needed to do it quickly. 

Wonshik aimed a few punches to Ji Yong's jaw, but hardly any actually met their mark. Ji Yong was quick, he'd been in law enforcement for a lot longer then Wonshik had himself so it was only natural that he had more experince. Wonshik drew back and narrowly avoided the leg that nearly met his face. This wasn't going very well for him.

At that moment, Ji Yong lunged at Wonshik, this time being the one to get Wonshik on the floor, wincing in pain. Ji Yong smiled as he brough his fists down harder and harder each time, aiming for the young bluenettes face. Some of the attacks were blocked, but a few met their target, enough so that Wonshik's nose started bleeding and his lip split open. 

Both, so indulged in fighting the other they had failed to glance in any other direction, other then the one their opponent was in. If Ji Yong had glanced around the underground station, then he may have noticed the large metal pipe being swung at his head before it actually connected with his skull, creating a strange 'bonk' sound as the skin met the metal. 

Ji Yong fell forward, onto Wonshik as the younger blinked in surprise. Ji Yong was knocked out, that was for sure. Stood over the two was a very exausted looking Hakyeon, holding the brown pipe in his bloody hands, still secured by the silver handcuffs. He took a few deep breathes and then the pipe clattered to the floor. Wonshik merely blinked in awe, even looking so worried and roughed up, Hakyeon still managed to look cool. He was brought back to reality a few seconds later and he quickly pushed the unconscious bombs experts off of him. 

Hakyeon breathed out a sigh and reached down to pull Wonshik up from the floor. "And I thought you were here to save me." He joked, and winced as the metal around his wrists jolted, brushing aginst the cuts there. 

Wonshik jumped up and then bit his lip as he pulled the elder into a hug with a sigh. "Only you would joke in a situation like this..." he said with a strained smile. 

Hakyeon chuckled and then shook his head. "Actually I think Jaehwan would too..." he said and then pulled away, walking towards Sungjae. "Can you check his pockets for a key?" he asked, kneeling down and checking the wound quickly. "Also, call an ambulence..." he muttered softly, brushing the younger boys bangs from his forehead. 

Wonshik nodded and frisk serached Ji Yong quickly, searching for the small key to the handcuffs that were still on Hakyeon. He found them in his left pocket and jogged over to Hakyeon after. "I called for back up before I came down here... they should be here by now..." he said as he unlocked the hanfcuffs, frowning at the cuts on ther leaders wrists. 

Hakyeon immediately presses down on his brother's wound, stopping the blood flow with a sigh before he glanced at Wonshik. "Thank you.." He paused glancing at Sungjae with concern in his eyes. "If you hadn't came...then Sungjae...." he muttered looking down at him and biting his lip softly. "Just thank you.." he said. 

Wonshik smiled as he heard thuddering footsteps coming closer to them, the back up he'd requested was finally here. "No problem Hakyeon..." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The red door to swung shut behind Taekwoon, the door to Jimin's house. He hadn't even needed to kick it down, the key was under the doormat. Taekwoon tried not to let the idea that only a fool would actually leave their house key under their doormat sink in as he entered the darkened hallway.

"Jimin? It's Jung Taekwoon....Are you here?" Taekwoon called out. It was standard procedure to alert anyone that you were coming into the house. And simply more polite then to just barge into a guys house that you hardly knew. Although Taekwoon would never do that. However it sounds like something a certain team leader would do. 

Jimin's house was neat, just like his desk had been, surprisingly though, there was a lack of anything unique to Jimin. Anyone could leave here. There were no picture, no trophies or nicknacks laying around. It was just bare. 

Taekwoon, glanced into the living room on his left, the sofa cusions were crumpled telling him that either someone had decided to jump up and down on them or they had fallen asleep there. But considering it was Park Jimin they were talking about it could easily be either of those. 

The television was still on, playing an old drama since it was quite late at night now, the light that it emitted the only thing that illuminated the room. Taekwoon looked harder but knew that there was no one there. 

He moved on, carefully looking into any rooms that he passed for Rovix's assitant. When he came to the kitchen he paused, on the floor was a glass container that had shattered on the tiles. There was some sort of meat there too. It seemed as if someone had dropped it, considerin it was close to the fridge. 

Taekwoon ventured further inside the kitchen when his attention was drawn to the backdoor, it was wide open, letting the cold December air flood into the house. He raised a brow. Something seemed amiss but Taekwoon couldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. He needed facts and he needed them quickly. 

From then on he made a quick sweep of the rest of the house. Everything seemed normal. Jimin's bed was made and everything was perfectly placed. Jimin hadn't been here for a while, since the bed most definitely hadnt been slept in. 

Taekwoon did find a few pictures, but none of those included the same boys from the picture back on Jimin's desk at the precinct nor the one in particular that Taekwoon was interested in. 
Before he even exited the house through it's front door, he already had his phone out, dialing a familar number. 

"Junhyung I need a location on Park Jimin's phone." He said as soon as the other picked up the phone. He didn't elaberate and he ignored the complaints about the time and how many favours he'd done that night for the task force before there was a pause and finally he gave Taekwoon an address. 

"123 Ishiguro Street, but Taekwoon why-" Junhyung was cut off with a quiet thank you before the line went completely dead. 

Taekwoon started his car, pulling off from the pavement and getting on the road again. There was next to no traffic now, after all it was almost eleven o'clock at night. 

Taekwoon wasn't sure what it was that he was hoping to find. He didn't know hwy he'd rushed off, sure Jaehawn could be a pain but it probably would have been safer if he had someone to watch his back whilst he looked into all of this. He didn't know why. He just did. Maybe he just wanted to finish this once and for all. The toll that it was taking to everyone, more Rovix and Hakyeon more then anyone was starting to get out of hand. Or maybe it was because, although Taekwoon would refuse to admit it, he cared about the others. He didn't want Jaehwan to get hurt, because after spending many hours with the bubbly scientist, he'd come to like his personality and the way he reacted to things. Dare he say he'd made a life long friend. 

His thoughts stopped wandering as he stopped at a traffic light on red. Taekwoon kknew were the street was, he passed it each morning to get to work. It was actually near Seogang bridge, where Hongbin had been attacked by Infinite. Despite the less then happy event that happened on the bridge, Taekwoon had to say that the view from the bridge was beautiful, especially late at night when it was lit up for passing cars. The bridge stretched over the Han River, so really you couldn't miss it even if you tried. 

Taekwoon drove at a steady pace, careful to avoid other cars that rushed by him, people trying to get home from work, he summised. It wasn't uncommon that people drove quicker at night, trying to get home. Taekwoon didn't mind, as long as they stayed within the speed limit of course. 

His surrounding began to get more and more suburban, houses rather then larger office buildings and Taekwoon knew that he was close now. After a few more minutes he found the street name 'Ishiguro' and began to cruise down the street, eyes flickering between the road and the house numbers that he passed. 101....111.....115......119....123. 

He stopped, eyes locked onto the house and then parked quickly outside. This was it...this is where Jimin's phone had last transmitted a signal. The records back at the precinct obviously had Jimin's private phone number, so it was easy for Junhyung to run the number through the system to find an exact location. He could only hope that Jimin and his phone were in the same location. Then maybe Taekwoon would finally get some answers. 

With his car parked and his his eyes trained, he got out of his seat, locking the vehicle behind him and then finally got a good look at the house. There was nothing special about it. It was a normal house, one that you might expect a family to live in. It had a plain black door, with the metal numbers '123' in the centre. The curtains were drawn, so Taekwoon couldn't look inside and there was a strange garden gnome that Taekwoon didn't want to look at again...

He shrugged and open the gate, wincing at the loud screech it emitted and sighed. So much for stealth. As he approached the door, he looked back at the windows, hoping to have some clue of what was inside but didn't have much luck. Taekwoon made it to the door and knocked, but his fists hardly made a sound against the wood, they were more successful in pushing the door open completly. 

He raised a brow and then opened the door further, Taekwoon wasn't sure what to do...it wasn't like he was breaking and entering. Just entering really. He didn't have a good feeling about this....

His hand instinctively went to his side, where his gun sat in his usual holster. He'd had a feeling that he'd need his gun on this occasion and feeling that it was there eased his nerves slightly.

The hallway light was switched off and Taekwoon breifly wondered if there was anyone here at all. Maybe he'd just found an empty house. But if that was the case, where was Jimin? And what was his connection to this particular house? Taekwoon's eyes tried to adjust to the dark house for the second time that night, squinting to see the smallest details. 

He noticed that there was a lot of mail, unopened and stacked up by the door. His curiousity got the best of him and he picked up the first envelope he saw ontop of the pile, bringing it close to his face so he could read the name on the front. 

"Kim Seokjin...." He muttered as he read. It was addressed to this house, 123 Ishiguro Street. Kim Seokjin must be the person living here. Taekwoon picked up a few other letters and looked at them too. They were all addressed to the same person, Kim Seokjin...maybe this is who Taekwoon was looking for?

After scrutinising the letter for a few more minutes he placed them back where he'd found them and continued through the house. It was quiet, almost too quiet. But if the house really was empty then it was only natural that it would be quiet. 

The only sound that Taekwoon could make out is his slow breathes, breathig in and out as he slowly entered the living room. He paused, ears and eyes trained, for anything tha may seem strange or out of place. He could turn on the lights, but if he did he may scare someone off. He listened carefully but could only hear his breathing-

Was that his breathing? 

Taekwoon felt it before he understood that he infact wasn't alone in the house. A very small muzzle of what he assumed to be a handgun resting against the back of his skull. 

Taekwoon stiffened under the gun, eyes widening only a little before they returned to normal. He couldn't see who it was holding the gun and he didn't want to push his luck by turning his head, so he stayed still. He wondered if the assailent was just going to shoot him here like this. His thoughts of death stopped when the other person spoke for the first time. 

"Give me the gun from your holster." It said. It was a mans voice and Taekwoon tried not to let the fact that the voice souded so young effect him. Whoever i was couldn't be much younger then he was, maybe even younger then Jimin. 

Taekwoon sighed and reached down, drawing his gun out and slowly handing it back to the man wielding the gun. All the while, Taekwoon still felt the push of the gun against his head and the hold that the man had on his hair, just incase he tried to escape into the darkness of the house. 
After the gun left Taekwoon's grip, the muzzle breifly left his head, as well as the hand, only to reappear in front of him. Then the lights finally flickered on. 

Taekwoon's eyes blinked rapidly, readjusting to the blaringly bright lights of the living room. When his eyes did readjust, he gazed at the man in front of him. And he knew, this was him. The same one that was in Jimin's picture and the one that had been in the convenience store the day Nam Young-Mi went missing. 

He had black hair that was messy, almost as if he'd just woken up and a face that reminded Taekwoon of the children he'd spoken to. It seemed so long ago now. He was shorter the Taekwoon but not by much which worried Taekwoon, height was always an advantage in a fight, and that's what it may come down to in this case. His face screamed innocence. The only indicator that that may not be the case was the gun that he had pointed at Taekwoons chest and the small smirk that was setlled on his face. 

"Jung Taekwoon." He drawled, smiling slightly as he raised a brow. "I'm glad to finally meet you..." He said and hummed as if this was just a casual conversation. "I guess i'll finally introduce myself..." 

"My name is Jeon Jungkook."