Bitter Reunions.

Right To Remain Silent

Fifteen

It was sometime later when the red door to Jimin's own home opened, the red head removed his shoes before closinng the door behind him, successfully hindering the cold winds that were trying to follow him inside the warm house.
It wasnt often that Jimin came home from work at the office early, however this was one of those few times that he had a few hours to himself, free of the confines of paperwork that shackled him in place. He shivered from the cold and flung his coat towards the hook besides his door, not caring whether it actually made it to the hook or not before he moved on into his living room, ready to collapse for the next 15 minutes without moving. But it was not to be.

The first indication that someone other then Jimin was in the house should have been the extra pairs of shoes, thrown carelessly by the door. But the young assistant had failed to notice them until he though back to it. After that Jimin should have noticed that his house was warm, instead of cold like he'd left it that freezing December morning. Someone had lit the fire in the living room. 

So now Jimin found himself half surprised at the two other men in the room, one older and one younger then himself.

"It's about time that you got home hyung." The brunette said, sighing as he shifted on the sofa, as if this were his house and he wasn't trespassing. However Jimin couldn't find it in himself to reprimand him. The other man, who was older then the assistant, gestured for him to take a seat and Jimin did so without a further complaint.

"It's been a while Namjoon, Taehyung." He said, voice devoid of his usual peppy attitude. Of course he wasnt unhappy to see his long term friends after a long time, it was the subject that he knew was going to arise, he didnt think he could last much longer like this, constantly lying and avoiding people around him. It wasn't something that he liked to do, he just needed to.

"Aren't you happy to see us?" Taehyung pouted childishly, giving his older friend a dazzling smile that seemed too bright to be on his face in such a season. Jimin tried to return the smile with his own tired one, worn from faking it to his colleagues every time someone said goodmorning to him. It caused the younger to frown and lean against Jimin, as a form of support. 

"I can't do this for much longer....it's really effecting me.." muttered Jimin, looking at Taehyung but speaking more to Namjoon. The eldest in the room merely sighed softly and closed his eyes. 

"I know...and I'm sorry. But you have to. Just a bit longer." he said, eyes determined and decision final. There was no room for argument. No chance to back out. It wasn't an option anymore. However Jimin narrowed his eyes. 

"You said nothing like this would ever happen again." he said, voice shaking yet filled with hurt, as Jimin felt that he'd done nothing wrong. In fact he'd had the most stress of the three of them. Working so close to the task force and Rovix, trying to act as if everything was normal. 

Namjoon's eyes took on a significantly darker look, one he hadn't seen in a very long time. Taehyung shuffled closer to Jimin, uneasily pressing his face to his friends shoulder to avoid the scary look. Namjoon could be petrifying sometimes. "It wasn't supposed to...none of it was...it got so out of control..." he muttered and rubbed his head, as if in a daze. 

Jimin merely sighed and petted Taehyung's hair soothingly. Each of them had had some contact with a few if not all of the current members of the task force assigned to the demon case. And each of them had lied through their teeth to them, looking guilty which actually fit with the story. What the detectives didn't know is that the guilt was for a whole other reason. 

They sat in silence for some time, Jimin absentmindedly petting Taehyung's hair as a form of comfort because of the younger's childish and clingy qualities. However Namjoon sat watching them both, he couldn't stop the small smile from twitching onto his face once again. He'd missed seeing the two together. In their younger years they were inseparable, others had always thought them adorable and would coo at them secretly as they passed. However in the recent turn of events they'd not spoken to each other in weeks at a time. 

Jimin blinked out of his daze, too many thoughts in his head for one night. He sat back against the sofa without disturbing the slightly sleepy younger that used him as a pillow. He puffed out his cheeks and merely looked into the fires of heat, rising and then cowering again. At least he still had his friends help him through this. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a few hours later that two people emerged from Rovix's office, met with stares from almost every set of eyes in the room. Daesung sighed softly and grabbed Seungri's sleeve, slowly leading him away from the main office room to where they were based. He couldn't stand those accusing looks and he knew Seungri would blow up if they continued. 

The rest of his unit were still inside the office, which had seemed far too small and too hot all at once. Seungri let himself be dragged away, keeping his eyes downcast. No one really knew how to take this situation because it had never happen before. It was the first time to date that they'd made a mistake. Or so everyone thought. Being inside the office whilst the three eldest explained had said otherwise. They were all adamant that they'd done nothing wrong. So the question was, who did set the bomb off?

Seungri snapped from his thoughts as he walked into Daesung's back. He grunted and looked around the frozen man to see a familiar face that caused him to relax again. 

It was Hakyeon that stood in front of them in the deserted hall. There was a small, almost comforting smile on his face. He must of heard about what had happened already. It made both Seungri and Daesung happy that at least one of their friends wasn't staring at them, judging them. 

A hand settled on Daesung's shoulder and Hakyeon smiled. "It's been a while." he said, squeezing the elders shoulder reassuringly. Seungri stepped up besides them both and then scoffed pulling Hakyeon into a hug. The detective was surprised for a moment before he hugged the younger back, his fondness returning quickly. 

"I'm going to find out what happened." he said, drawing back from the younger man and taking him by the shoulders to steady him. Seungri was just about ready to fall, from exhaustion or stress neither of the elders knew. Hakyeon's gaze was still on the office door, tightly shut, hiding the four voices inside. 

"We know you will." Daesung said resting his own hand on Hakyeon's shoulder and giving him a bright smile. Daesung's smile spoke volumes, it could brightn anyone's day, lift anyone's mood. Hakyeon smile back at him before leading both males into their own office space or 'BB HQ', with a new bounce in his step. It was good to be back. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was again hours later when the door to the BB HQ opened once again and the dark haired detective stepped out of the room. He'd spent a long time catching up with his friends, before they'd talked about what and happened. It didn't help much though, as they hadn't even touched the device. It was probably why they were allowed outside and not still in Rovix's office. 

To his right, a certain bluenette was leant casually against the wall with his eyes closed and head pressed against the wall, almost as if it were a pillow. He didn't notice Hakyeon. Though the older supposed that was because of the music that was blasting through his earphones. Hakyeon himself preferred dance over music but he found both were a good stress reliever. 

One ear phone was removed and Hakyeon tilted his head to the side. "Why did you wait?" he asked. Wonshik's eyes opened, his own eye brow raising. 

"Partners work together." he stated, almost with a deadpan that made a smile break onto Hakyeon's face as he pulled the younger along with him. 

"We've got some work to do then." he said grinning as he put an arm around Wonshik's shoulder, bringing him closer. "We can take my motorcycle." Hakyeon said cheerfully as if they were going to the park. 

"But Team Leader, don't we need to live in order to investigate the crime?" 

Wonshik was nursing the blow to his neck all the way to the parking lot. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello again readers! Sorry that I didn't update last week I felt as if this chapter took a long time to write, I may have had writers block. >_< I will still update tomorrow as well as now to catch up. ^_^ 
Another Note. How did you like Chained Up? Good right??? Tell me what you thought. Goodbyeeeee