Prologue

Right To Remain Silent

Prologue. 

The job of a police Chief was hard. There was so much that he needed to deal with on a daily basis and in the event of a crisis there was more so that he had to take care of. Of course the Police Chief Rovix, found himself in a crisis right now. 

The public dubbed him a 'Demon' because each murder was more horrifying then the last. Sometimes they'll find a body beaten and bruised until the skin had turned black and sometimes they'd find the remains of a victim slashed and cut so much they could hardly make out what they looked like. 

Every time they thought they had a lead, it would lead to a dead end, thus hindering their investigation once more. So far there had been 4 victims. 

The first was a young girl by the name of Park Seo-Yeon who still lived with her parents in a small house fit for three people. She had recently celebrated her 21st birthday and was out celebrating with friends when she went missing among the crowds of people in the nightclub. She'd been missing for a full week before her body was found stuffed into the boot of a SUV that had been abandoned behind a local supermarket. The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. 

The next victim was a much older man named Yoon Jung-Hoon. He was in his early 40s and lived with his wife and their two daughters. He had gone missing at the air port when attempting to travel to Japan for business. He had been found only 3 days later in an rundown parking complex. He had died from massive blood loss from the numerous wounds across his body. 

The third victim was a small boy named Kang Jun-Seo. He was only 10 and had been abducted whilst waiting for his mother to pick him up from school one day. They'd only found his body a few days ago, 2 weeks after he'd been taken. He'd been strangled to death by his kidnapper. 

The last victim was an older woman that worked in a convenience store named Nam Young-Mi. She was in her 50s and had been alone in the store on a Friday night. The CCTV cameras had been tampered with, a whole nights worth of footage missing. They'd found her body today, hung in an alley with a noose around her neck. 

The police were under a lot of stress to catch this serial killer as fast as possible. But with his erratic patterns and irregular methods it was hard to tell what the Demon would do next. 

Chief Rovix had no choice but to pull together a team to catch this one criminal. His decisions had purpose behind them. Each member of the team had their own area of expertise. Each file was opened and displayed in front of him. Six pictures stared back at him. 'The perfect team.' 

Cha Hak-Yeon. 

Jung Taek-woon. 

Lee Jae-Hwan. 

Kim Won-Shik. 

Lee Hongbin.

Han Sang-Hyuk. 

Welcome to the task force.