First Meeting

Shady Girl

 

March 3, 2011

It was finally the day where I met my ‘husband’. Apparently, SM had signed me up for the famous variety program, We Got Married.

“Woohoo, unnie if meeting her husband today.” Sizuka said. I shot her a glare and resumed fixing my hair.

“Seriously, why do I have to do this?” I asked.

“They actually want either you or me.” Hye Jin said.

“And why didn’t you do it? I see that you’re pretty busy.” I said sarcastically. We had finished promoting Shy Boy but I was preparing for City Hunter while both Sizuka and Hye Jin were free. Sang Hee unnie was resting after having a vocal cord surgery and was doing well.

“You know that I had many male fans and I don’t want to break their hearts.” Sizuka said.

“Are you implying that I don’t have male fans?” I asked glaring at her through the mirror.

“But unnie, you have more female fans.” She pointed and I silently agreed with it.

“What about you, Gwak Hye Jin? What’s your excuse?” I asked.

“I don’t want to be paired with anyone else.” She said with a sigh. “Mianhae, but I really just want him as my partner.” She said.

“Who?” Sizuka and I asked at the same time. She shook her head, didn’t want to tell us.

“We’re sisters. You should tell us, unnie.” Sizuka said.

“Anyway, who is he?” I asked.

“I heard it’s Jang Geun Suk.” Hye Jin shrugged and I laughed.

“If it’s him, I don’t mind.” I said.

“Why?”

“Jang Mi yah! Palli!” Hana unnie called.

“Annyeong kids.” I waved and greeted the WGM staffs. They gave me instructions and we filmed in the dorm for a bit before we went to the meeting place.

“We’re here!” I said and closed the car’s door. A few fans had their phones out filming us. The staff gave me a mission card.

“Go to Starbuck café on the ground floor.” I read.

“Is he already there?” I asked though I received no answer. “I’m so nervous,” I said as I reached Starbuck. I peeked at the glass window and tip toed to see him.

“Is that him?” I asked pointing at a guy with his back facing me with two cameramen at his sides.

“Omo, eottoke??” I said trying to hide my panic and fixed my hair before going inside. Thump, thump, thump. As I was only few steps from him, Shy Boy was played and my ‘husband’ turned around.

Choi Siwon.

I couldn’t hide my surprise face but still, I greeted him. “An-annyeong haseyo,” I bowed.

“Annyeong haseyo,” he slightly bowed back and we stood there for a few seconds.

“Have a sit,” he sat and pulled the chair for me. I blushed instantly at his action. He sat across me and started the conversation.

“Do you know it was me?” he asked rubbing the back of his neck.

“I really don’t know. They said it was someone else.” I said.

“Are you disappointed?” he asked.

“No!” I said a little too quickly and laughed. But now I have a ticket for thousands anti-fans.

“Do you already know it was me?” I asked. He nodded.

“I saw your tweet.” He said and I chuckled.

“It’s a little awkward…” I said after an awkward silence.

“We’re not very close right?” he asked and I nodded. The writer unnie held up a big board that said ‘What you should call each other’ and pointed at me.

“Um, how should we address each other?” I asked.

“You called me sunbae right? Let’s just start with oppa. What should I call you? Do you have a nickname?” he asked.

“I don’t really have a nickname.” I said.

“Ah, I didn’t want to call you Jang Mi though…” he said.

“Think about it first.” I said and he nodded.

“What’s your ideal type?” I asked after seeing what the writer unnie said.

“She must be a Christian.” He said and I nodded. “Someone who treats her parents and mine well. Understanding, I don’t really care for appearance but the inner beauty is much more important.” He said. “Do you treat your parents well?” he suddenly asked.

“That you have to ask my parents.” He gave me a puzzled look. “Sometimes you think you’re good to them but they think otherwise, sometimes you think you’re important to that one person but he/she thinks otherwise.” I said.

“Do you like tall girl or short girl?” I asked.

“I prefer taller girls to match with my height.” He said.

“Then I have to wear heels every time I meet you.” I joked.

“What about you?” he asked. I can tell we’re getting more comfortable.

“I like tall guys, a guy who sings well and can play guitar and drums.” I said and he broke into smile.

“I’ll play it for you.” He said and I laughed. ‘But you don’t really sing well’ I thought in my head.

“When I’m sad, I want him to hug me.” I said. “I really like skinship.” I said.

“Me too. But to girls…”

“You’re not that comfortable right?” I asked. “Oppa don’t seem like someone who is very close to girls.” I said.

“You’re close to many guys right?” he asked and I laughed.

“We get along well.” I said.

“Don’t do that.” He said in a serious tone and I laughed.

“In Super Junior…” he said and my heart skipped a beat. ‘Please don’t ask about Heechul oppa.’ I prayed

“Annyeong haseyo, sonnim (customer). What would you like to order?” a voice asked and we looked up.

“Yah, what are you doing here?” I asked slapping his arm.

“I’m CupidKyu at your service.” He said bowing. Siwon oppa was baffled at his sudden appearance.

“You’ve been watching everything?” I asked and Kyuhyun laughed. “Ah, that’s embarrassing!” I said and hit him again.

“Jamkkanman…” he said and disappeared.

“Do you know that he’s coming?” I asked and he shook his head. We grew silent when Kyuhyun approached us with a drink and two straws.

“Enjoy your drink.” He said. Our faces reddened and Kyuhyun who was evil, snapped.

“Aish, palli!”

“Yah, I’m your hyung.” Siwon said.

“Palli,” he urged and we leaned our body to the table before our eyes met and burst into embarrass laughter.

“Hyung, don’t spit on her face.” Kyuhyun said as Siwon oppa was about to place his mouth on the straw making him retreated back.

“Yah, go away.” I said.

“Palli,” Kyuhyun ignored me and pulled out his phone.

“Is it okay with you?” Siwon oppa asked. Aigoo, why did you have to be so gentle? I nodded and gave him a smile. We finally succeed the mission that was given by EvilKyu and he pulled a chair and showed us the picture.

“Have you thought of your couple name?” He asked seriously.

“Jang Mi, Siwon…MiWon?” Siwon suggested.

“Sounds good to me,” I said.

“Geunde, why are you here?” Siwon oppa asked.

“I’m working my part time job.” Kyuhyun said. “I’m here to help you get closer,” he ended it with an evil smirk.

“What are you going to call each other?” he asked.

“Jagi…” I said and covered my face with my hands as my eyes met Siwon’s.

“Neo waegurae?” Kyuhyun teased as I felt my face reddened. My face can explode if we continued doing this.

“Hyung, did you put on blusher?” Kyuhyun’s new victim was Siwon oppa now.

“I’m going to kill you after we get to the dorm.” Siwon oppa said to Kyuhyun with a smile.

“Jang Mi yah, call Siwon hyung again.” Kyuhyun said. I gave him a death glare that was replied with a smirk.

“Ja…jagiya, hihihi,” I called and fanned my face.

“Hyung, do you like it?” Kyuhyun interjected catching Siwon oppa off guard. “Do you like it?” Kyuhyun’s new victim was now Siwon oppa.

“Like it what?” he asked pretending not to know anything.

“What Jang Mi called you, do you like it?” he asked. “Jang Mi yah, call him again. With aegyo, with aegyo!” Kyuhyun, why were you so excited?

“Jagiya~” I called and Siwon oppa smiled a very big smile and covered his mouth with two hands.

“Hyung, what are you going to call Jang Mi?” Kyuhyun asked. Siwon oppa thought for a moment while my heart was beating too fast.

“Honey? Darling?” he asked before he choked on laughter.

“I like darling,” I said blushing.

“Then, you call each other, hyung, you call her first.” Kyuhyun ordered us like a king.

Siwon oppa took a deep breath and, “Darling,” he called. I smiled and blushed instantly and cleared my throat.

“Ne, jagiya,” I said and covered my face. Kyuhyun broke into a satisfied yet evil laughter.

 “Here’s your mission card.” Kyu said after he calmed down from laughing.

“Go enjoy shopping as a couple.” He read.

“Shopping?” I asked and he nodded. “We can leave now?” I asked and Kyuhyun nodded. “Annyeong,” I said and whacked his head lightly. “Ahck!” I yelped a little when he pulled my ponytail.

“Ah!” he groaned when Siwon oppa slapped his head and I laughed.

“See you later!” I said.

We went shopping and bought a couple shirt and rings. After that we wrapped up the filming and went home.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You might want to look out for Hye Jin. Guess who she wants to be paired with in WGM?