The Way Idol Breaks Up

Shady Girl

 

August 13, 2010

We were on our way to the dorm when Hana unnie told me that Heechul oppa had asked me for a favor.

“A duet?” I asked her in the car and she nodded.

“It was actually with Sulli but Sulli couldn’t attend that day.” She explained.

“But it’s tomorrow.” I said. “And I have filming right?” I asked.

“Yes, but don’t worry.” She said and gave me a paper.

“This is the song?” I asked. “The Way Idol Breaks Up.” I read. I read the lyrics and I frowned.

“I’m not doing it.” I said.

“What? Why?” She asked. I sighed. My fingers unconsciously went to my lips. Just when I thought things were going to change, just when I thought Heechul oppa might have a little feeling for me…Why did he always do that? He made my heart fluttered only to break it afterwards.

“I thought we’re going back to the dorm?” I asked as I noticed we’re in front of SM building.

“You need to practice that duet.” She answered.

“Unnie, I’m not doing it.” I said. She ignored me and got down from the van. I sighed and followed her.

“Unnie, please…I don’t think I can do this.” I pleaded.

“Jin Ho ssi, please knock some sense into this girl.” Hana unnie said when we met Jin Ho oppa.

“Oppa!” I whined. “I really don’t want to do that duet!” I said.

“What duet? That duet with Heechul?” he asked and I nodded.

“Why?” He asked.

“I really can’t!”

“Since when did you become so spoilt?” Hana unnie yelled.

“I always did everything that you arranged without my knowledge obediently! So I’m asking for this one time only.” I said. She raised her hand to hit me and Jin Ho oppa pushed me behind his back.

“Since when did you start to hit my girls?” He asked.

“She’s becoming too spoilt. Now that you can act, you don’t want to sing?” she asked.

“I’ll take care of it, you may go.” Jin Ho oppa said and Hana unnie gave me a warning look to do the duet. Jin Ho oppa turned around.

“I thought a duet with Heechul is something that you want?” he asked frowning.

“Oppa, look at the lyrics. Is he having that much fun playing with my heart?” I asked almost teary. He looked through the lyrics and frowned. He sighed.

“Listen, as an oppa I will let you off but as your manager you have to do this.” He said softly. “Since when did you become so unprofessional? I thought Jang Mi that I knew is someone so professional…” he said.

I sighed. This was why you shouldn’t have feelings if you were a celebrity. Works always come first.

“Oppa have to treat me samgyeopsal.” I said causing him to chuckle. My mood was good until Heechul oppa finally came to practice together. The staff explained where I should stand and go before leaving us alone. We practiced one time and when it ended I stared at him.

“Are you having fun?” I asked. He looked at me coldly.

“Spending time with you isn’t fun.” He stated coldly. Ouch. I laughed.

“Who are you to play with my heart like this? Are you that great that you can make me like this?” I asked feeling hot tears welling in my eyes. I turned around.

“I never ask you to like me.” He said. “So don’t put that blame on me.” He said crossing his arms.

“You’re really too much.” I said.

“Don’t do things that make your heart suffer anymore.” He recited one of his lines. Knowing that I’ve had enough, I stomped out of the practice room and just let my foot took me away from him.

I realized I had reached the rooftop, the place where we as trainees used to hold parties and to release stress.

I sighed.

At least, being here made me feel calmer and at ease. A can of soda suddenly appeared in front of me. Kyuhyun didn’t say anything as I took the soda from him.

“Cheers,” he said holding his own soda to me. I rolled my eyes and toasted my can with his. We stood there in silence while drinking and enjoying the air. That was what I like about Kyuhyun, he never pressured me to spill out my problems because if I wanted him to know, I will tell him. Though he has known me for a long time that the only thing that can make me upset is Kim Heechul.

After a while, he looked at me.

“What?” I asked.

“You looked like-” he didn’t continue his word as I glared at him and laughed.

“What should I do to make you feel better?” he asked.

“Hmm, I don’t know. You can pull a prank on him or something.” I said.

“Okay!” he said enthusiastically making me laughed.

Kyuhyun sent me back to the practice room and I found out Heechul had left. He sat on the piano seat doing his thing while I practiced alone.

“Will it work if you didn’t practice together?” Kyuhyun asked once I was finished. I shrugged and walked to him.

“What are you doing for your solo?” I asked out of curiosity.

“y dance.” He said.

“Bwo? Jinjja?” I asked my eyes widening.

“Wah, I never know you’re so gullible. Since when you’re becoming Hyukjae?” he asked and I slapped his arm.

“I must be a little tipsy.” I said and he laughed. “It seems like it has been a long time since we spent some times together.” I said when I sat down next to him. He nodded.

“Have you finished practicing? I want to practice too.” He said.

“I missed you.” I blurted out. His face was priceless and I laughed. “Why are you so shocked?” I asked laughing.

“I think you are tipsy.” He said emphasizing the ‘are’ and I laughed. He cleared his throat and straightened his posture.

“Should I clap for you?” I asked.

“Of course you have to clap. Cho Kyuhyun is about to perform.” He said and I laughed, applauding for him. As he started singing, I was immersed into his beautiful and mesmerizing voice. It made me thought about our first meeting. He had sung by himself and I was entranced by his voice when I heard it. I silently peeked into the room and there, he was singing his heart out. I clapped as soon as he finished and he quickly bowed to me when he saw me making me laughed.

You have a beautiful voice.” I said.

“Th-thank you.” He stuttered. It was cute, I had thought.

“How old are you?” I asked.

“19.” He said.

“Talk banmal with me. We’re chingu.” I said walking to him.

“Jung Jang Mi imnida.” I said with a smile.

“Cho Kyuhyun imnida.” He returned my smile.

“Should we have a duet?” I asked.

“On stage?” he asked. I thought for a long time before nodding.

“Sure, on stage.” I said and waved.

“Annyeong Kyuhyun ah,”

It made me smiled when I thought about it. Thinking about it, we haven’t had a real duet on a stage. We usually sing at noraebang or during practices. He suddenly took my hand and placed it on piano and pointed at the note, gesturing me to play.

Translation:

Are you healthy? I’m worried

I’m sure you’re happy but I’ll pray for you

Remember, even if you’re with someone else

That I was once by your side

 

“Whooo~~!” I cheered.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“Perfect.” I answered with thumbs up. He smiled.

“There you are!” His manager’s voice startled us.

“You’re here too Jang Mi. Great, come with us to have a rehearsal at the real stage.” He said and left. I sighed.

“Aja aja hwaiting Jang Mi yah!” Kyuhyun said massaging my shoulders and I groaned in pain.

“It hurts!” I hit his arm as we followed his manager.

 

Well, I hope he will give me strength to perform tomorrow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Love it? Would you like for more JangKyu moments? I want to call this couple KyuMi but that's for (Kyuhyun + Zhoumi) @ Qmi. 

And they lyrics in The Way Idol Breaks Up is so mean. Heechul is such a meanie. Click here for eng subbed and performance.

And We Got Married is starting in next next chappie~~