Strong Heart

Shady Girl

 

April 23, 2010

 

Jang Mi's outfit 

Remember what I said about forgetting Heechul oppa? I did but whenever I saw him, I’ll fall for him again and again. I was at SBS studio to film Strong Heart and one of the guests was Heechul oppa.

“Annyeong haseyo, sunbaenim.” I bowed to Rain sunbaenim.

“Annyeong haseyo, have you been well?” he asked.

“Ne, it’s been a long time.” I said and laughed.

“Sure, it has. I hope your brother is doing well too.” He said and ruffled my hair and I pouted. Rain sunbae was a good friend to Yunho oppa and I was quite close to him too. He had given me some good advises about how to avoid scandals and how to survive in this world when we first met.

My face lit up when I saw Heechul oppa walked in but he spared me a cold glare before disappearing. I sighed. Why do you always made my heart beat so fast only to shatter it into pieces afterward?

The PD called a few minutes later and we took our seats. My seat was next to Jihoon sunbae and in front of Heechul oppa.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Heechul oppa was talking about his past girlfriends and I remained my poker face.

“Jang Mi ssi, how do you date?” Kang Ho Dong suddenly asked me catching me off guard.

“Ne?” I asked.

“How do girl groups date?” He asked.

“Based on your experience,” Lee Seung Gi added.

“I never date…” I said.

“Eh~~~” the audience and the guests cooed making me laughed.

“This guy here didn’t want to date me,” I said pointing at Heechul oppa, laughing in embarrassment.

“Yah, don’t point your fingers at me! When I wanted to date you, you were dating-”

“Arasseoyo! Arasseoyo!” I shouted.

“Be honest, have you dated since you debuted?” Lee Seung Gi asked.

“To be honest…when I was on hiatus, I dated with…” I said and laughed.

“How did you two date? Is he a celebrity?” Kang Ho Dong asked.

“We went for a movie but our managers found out, so I just went to his dorm.” I said truthfully.

“So he is a celebrity…”

“Is he in a boy band?”

I laughed. “Ne…” I answered, unsure.

“I think she dated someone in the same company…” Lee Seung Gi said.

“It’s me.” Eunhyuk interrupted and I laughed.

“No, it’s definitely not Eunhyuk oppa.” I said firmly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**

“The group is back after 16 months of Hiatus, G-Star’s Jang Mi!” they introduced me after introducing T-ara.

“Annyeong haseyo, G-Star’s Jang Mi imnida,” I bowed.

I’m Your Ideal Type, Right? What’s the story about?” Kang Ho Dong asked.

“I think it’s pretty obvious,” I laughed. “I’m taking this opportunity since Heenim is here…” I said.

“I told you not to talk about this!” Heechul oppa acted like he was mad.

“Let me ask you. Heechul ssi, is Jang Mi ssi your ideal type?” Kang Ho Dong asked.

“Ne, she is.” I let out a laugh of happiness.

“Aigoo, look at how happy she is,” Lee Seung Gi said and I laughed. I regained my composure and looked over my shoulder.

“Then why wouldn’t you date me?!” I asked Heechul oppa acting furious and they laughed.

“Heechul ssi, what is you ideal type?” Lee Seung Gi asked.

“My ideal type is someone with pretty legs and wears miniskirt, ties her hair up and has fringe.”

“Jang Mi ssi, you didn’t have fringe.” Kang Ho Dong stated.

“I did!” I said.

“I also like girls with single eyelid.” Heechul oppa said.

“Jang Mi ssi, you shouldn't have done the surgery…” Kang Ho Dong joked.

“I didn’t have surgery!” I shouted acting mad.

“If you look at it, Jang Mi ssi is Heechul ssi ideal type but he wouldn’t date her. Why is date?”

“I don’t have reasons for that, I just couldn’t bring myself to like her.”

“Oppa, you’re too frank,” I pouted.

“Could it be that they are dating in real life and act like this to cover it up?” Seung Gi oppa said and I laughed.

“It would be nice if this is true.” I commented.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was Teukigayo and everyone laughed at Shindong’s parody of Rain’s Love Song.

Teukigayo revealed cute photo of Jihoon oppa and a manly photo of Tae Goon oppa.

“Why are you coming here?” I shouted as the trio approached me.

“Hana, dul, set!”

“Yah!” I yelled and hit Leeteuk oppa’s arm. It was a picture of me during my school day, the day when my hair was purely black and I had fringe.

"There's more???" I shouted in frantic and Leeteuk oppa laughed his famous laugh.

"Hana, dul, set!"

"KYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" I turned the picture and held it firmly. “Where did you get this?” I asked. I turned around to see Teukigayo revealing Heechul oppa childhood photos. The first photo was cute but the second photo made me burst out laughing.

After commenting on Tablo’s photo, Kang Ho Dong’s next target was me.

“Jang Mi ssi,”

“Ne?” I asked.

“You look the same in the photo,”

“Don’t I look prettier in real life?” I asked causing everyone to laugh.

“The nose…” Seung Gi oppa mentioned.

“Jeongmallo, I told you I didn’t have nose surgery before.” I said while laughing.

“The eyes…”

“I didn’t have double eyelid surgery either!” I snapped.

“Perhaps you have it before this photo was taken?” Seung Gi oppa continued his teasing.

"You looked hungry on the second picture." Kang Ho Dong commented and I laughed.

"How did you get this picture?" I asked in disbelief.

"It's Kang Ho Dong's expression!" Lee Seung Gi said errupting laughter and then Heechul oppa started his story.

Unexpectedly, Heechul oppa lost and I started my story.

“Jang Mi’s story is, I Am U-Know Yunho’s Sister.”

“Ne, even before I debuted there were rumors that DBSK’s U-Know Yunho’s sister will debut in a girl group. When SM released our profile, my name was at #3 on the search engine. My members, my managers, the company and even me has predicted that I will be the most popular member.” I said and laughed. “Please don’t misunderstand. I want to be known as Jung Jang Mi who can sing and dance and because of my talent not because of Yunho’s fame. But it was a token that I have, so why not use it?” I laughed.

“Everyone would die to be in your position.” Jung Juri said.

“Do you want to switch unnie?” I laughed. “But everyone had high expectations on me that it really pressured me. They thought that I’ll be the girl version of Yunho. I’m good at singing, I’m good at dancing and I’m the leader. It really made me stressed.” I said.

“To be honest, I thought you would be the girl version of Yunho as well.” Kang Ho Dong said and laughed. “But Jang Mi’s personality is very different from Yunho-ssi.”

“Ne, I’m the youngest in my family so of course I will not have the leadership like Yunho oppa. Even our personalities are the opposite. And everyone was so disappointed when I cracked my voice or messed up the choreography.” I gave a long sigh. “It was because of the nerves, what can I do? Because of my clumsiness some fans thought that I was actually the sister of – oh, I can’t say this. Can you please edit it out?” I asked when I realized my mistake.

“Wae? Wae?” everyone was curious but I just laughed and went on my story without answering them.

“I was the main dancer and I got into SM because of my dance skill but during our debut…” I sighed. “I’m sorry to say this unnie, but you stole every member’s spotlight. Even the fans thought you were me. Everyone thought you were U-Know Yunho’s younger sister and not me.” I said.

“Who is this member you’re talking about?” They asked.

“It’s Sungyeon unnie. She’s always at the center and even at the dance break too. She has powerful vocal and abs too, so everyone thought that she was me.” I laughed.

“But I think Jang Mi’s vocal has improved a lot. I watched her musical and her voice didn’t crack.” Lee Seung Gi joked and I laughed.

“Ne, I have improved a lot.” I said and laughed again. “There was another thing that doubted the fans about my relationship with Yunho oppa. Our face features are actually the same but I don’t know why everyone said we’re different to the point where they doubted us. My eyes seemed bigger because I always wear circle lenses, which was why it seemed bigger than Yunho’s. And our noses are the same too. Our lips might be a little different, but you can tell that it’s the same. But what make our face different are the eyebrows and the jaw.” I said.

“And I can speak in Gwangju dialect too.” I said in dialect erupting laughter.

“If you look at it, Jang Mi isn’t actually trying to win Strong Heart.” Kang Ho Dong said.

“Ah, ne…this is my first time on variety show since G-Star was put on hiatus so I just want to share the story for the fans who had been waiting for so long.” I said.

“This is a personal question, do you still contact the two members that has left?” Kang Ho Dong asked.

“If it is a personal question, you should have ask me after the filming, don’t you think so?” I asked and laughed to make it sound friendlier. “No, but we wish them for the best and we hope they will do the same.” I said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

G.O. was next and when he talked about dating, Ho Dong oppa suddenly interrupted.

“Could it be that Jang Mi’s ex-boyfriend is from MBLAQ?”

“You dated one of my boys?!” Rain asked bewildered.

“I did not!” I defended myself.

“See, if they are really dating, Rain would cancel our entire schedule that has Jang Mi in it.” G.O. commented and we laughed.  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Strong Heart episode 27 and 28.