A Long Flight

Shady Girl

 

June 9, 2011

We lounged and chatted while waiting for our time to board the plane. I ran and hugged Yunho oppa when he arrived at the departure hall.

“Aigoo, did you miss me?” he ruffled my hair and I laughed. I rarely spend my time at SM building and he was so busy in Japan.

“Nice to see you too,” Changmin said sarcastically feeling left out. I gave him a side hug as we walked over to the seats. We caught up with each other and Yunho oppa asked me about my drama filming and apologized for not visiting the set.

“Don’t come, it’s better if you don’t come.” I said.

“I promise you when I have time, I will come.” He said and I laughed.

“Oppa is busy right? Just use your free time by resting. You look tired.” I said poking his cheek.

“Yunho yah,” Heechul called. The two gave each other a quick hug and started talking to each other. I glanced at Heechul oppa and suppressed a sigh. ‘Didn’t you say you like me?’

I turned to Changmin to see what he was doing.

“Mwohae?” I asked.

“Nothing, just go continue talking to Yunho hyung…” he said playing with his phone, without looking at me.

“Yah,” I laughed punching his arm slightly.

“Oh, Kyuhyun ah!” he ignored me and stood up. I saw no Kyuhyun and rolled my eyes.

“Oppa~” I whined and he chuckled.

“Did you call me oppa?” he laughed as he sat down again.

“Do you want to see something funny?” he asked as he typed on his phone.

“What?”

“Jamkkan…” he said and I looked around. I caught Heechul oppa looking at me or more like glaring. Pfft, there you go again. This isn’t a drama for you to act like those cold-hearted main characters.

“Jang Mi yah,” Changmin called and I leaned to him to see the video.

“Yah!” I hit him hard as the video played my first episode of WGM. It was the scene at Starbuck where we shared a drink. Changmin was laughing like a maniac while I closed the video. He laughed even more as I glared at him.

“Where is Siwonnie hyung?” he wondered out loud and I kicked his leg causing him to laugh even more.

“What is it? What is it?” Kyuhyun asked and I groaned. Here comes the combo attack. But! Luckily, it was finally the time for us to board the plane.

“Oppa, I want to sit next to you,” I said to Yunho oppa.

“Go sit next to Changmin or whoever, I’m sitting next to Heechul.” He said and I pouted.

“You can sit next to me later.” He said and ushered me away. I went to Hyejin’s seat to see that she was sitting with the other members of G-Star. I went in front and saw Kyuhyun and Changmin sitting next to each other.

“There is no one here right?” I asked.

“Wae? I thought you wanted to sit with Yunho hyung?” Changmin asked and took my backpack and kept it in the compartment.

“Didn’t she always want to sit with Heechul hyung whenever we have tours?” Kyuhyun said and I reached out to hit him.

“What happened?” Changmin asked.

“What?” I asked.

“What happened to you and Heechul hyung?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“That’s in past. So you can stop asking about it.” I said and Changmin made a disbelieved face making me laughed.

We chatted, ate, talked and slept. After about four hours of flight, everyone has started to move around. I craned my neck to see Yunho oppa who was sitting alone. I looked at Changmin who was sleeping beside me and unfastened my seatbelt.

“Oppa!” I exclaimed and he pushed me away. He pulled the blanket over his head and I pouted. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. ‘Oppa, I want to ask you something…’

“Yah, isn’t this my seat?” My eyes snapped opened at his voice. I spared a glance at his emotionless face and got up without arguing. I thought the best way is to distance myself with him to avoid more confusion. I went back to my original seat and took out a book to read.

The stewardess came and gave us our meal and we happily ate.

“Noona, hyung!” Jonghyun had called us holding a polaroid. He snapped it twice and gave the photo to me.

 Another boring hour passed, and Changmin had gotten up and went somewhere else. Kyuhyun was currently bullying his hyungs and it was just me sitting there alone.

“Can I sit here?” a gentle voice asked.

“Oh, oppa, sure.” I said with a smile and Siwon oppa sat down on Changmin’s seat.

“Are you fine?” he asked and I laughed softly.

“I’m fine. Are you?” I asked and he nodded. He looked around and rubbed his palms on his jeans.

“I actually wanted to apologize for what my fans did to you.” He said and it took me a while to remember about the incident.

“Ah, forget about it. I have forgotten about it, so you don’t have to worry. Besides, it really is not your fault.” I said. He gave me a smile.

A minute later, he sighed before broke into laughter.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

“I actually thought…” he laughed again. “If we are still on We Got Married, this will be considered as our honeymoon, right?” I laughed and nodded.

“I’ve always wanted to come to Paris for a honeymoon.” I said and laughed as I realized I said it out loud.

“But I think, our withdrawal was a good thing too. Both of our schedule aren’t so packed anymore.” I said and he nodded.

“But still…”

“Yeah, I wanted to show a new side of me.” I laughed.

“And I’m still waiting for my pajeon.” He said making me laughed. He laughed too and I shook my head.

“I did say I’m going to make it when it’s raining.” I said. He widened his eyes.

“Are you still going to make me that?” he asked.

“Hmmm…” I smiled. “You’ve treated and taken care of me real good. Shouldn’t you get some rewards?” he laughed slightly. “Besides, I’m sure you missed your mother’s cooking.” I said. “I’m not saying my cooking is like hers, but-”

“Thank you,” he said making me flustered.

“There is nothing for you to thank me.” I said laughing.

“Okay then, see you later. Oh,” he sat down back. “Let’s stay as good friends, don’t let anything ruin our newly built relationship.” He said.

“Sure, oppa.” He smiled and went back to his seat. I glanced at the window, watching the fluffy clouds.

‘I wish things will be easier for me and Heechul oppa…’

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn’t I say I wanted to twist the plot and whatnot? But it will lengthen the story and I’m having my trial exam tomorrow and will be on hiatus. I didn’t want you to wait for three months so I’m ending this story.