A Game of Love

Shady Girl

 

May 22, 2011

 

“We have one more slot for a performance. Do you want to have a solo?” Hana unnie asked me. We were talking about SMTown concert in Paris in the middle of the break.

“Why me?” I asked confused.

“The company wants you to sing Saying I Love You…with Heechul playing the piano.”

“What?” I asked disbelieved.

“Well? Do you want it?” she asked. I wondered why I hesitated. I still remembered during our performances in LA and Shanghai. I was so happy and blessed that Heechul played the piano when I was singing. Besides, that song was meant for him. But now, why was I hesitating to have a performance with him?

“Earth to Jang Mi.” Hana unnie said waving her hand in front of my face.

“I don’t want to…” I said.

“What?” she asked shocked.

“What?” I asked, taken aback. She sighed.

“Anyway, you’ll be an MC for the Dream Concert.” She said.

“With who?” I asked.

“Song Joong Ki and Heechul.” She said and I frowned.

“Why does all my schedules have Heechul in it?” I asked.

“I thought you will thank me? No?” Hana unnie asked.

“Molla…” I said.

“What is this? Don’t tell me you don’t like him anymore?” She said.

“Molla unnie…The PD is calling me,” I said and went over to him. After a few instructions, we went back to filming.

After filming, we went to SM building and I bumped into Heechul oppa. He smiled at me causing me to freak out.

“What is it?” I asked.

“What? I can’t smile?” he asked and smiled cheekily. If before I will die at his smile, now, I felt nothing. My hand unconsciously went to my chest, where my heart was located. It was not beating rapidly like it used to when I was with oppa.

What is this?

“I’m going home now, so annyeonghi gyeseyo.” I said and turned around, walking away from him.

It had left Heechul’s jaw dropped as Jang Mi walked away from him, and he felt something missing from him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Eunjung ah, do you want to hang out?” I asked over the phone. Eunjung laughed as she said,

“I was just about to ask you if you have any schedule.”

“So, tonight at Apgujeong okay?” I asked.

“Sure, see you.” She said and hung up. I thought a girl’s out would be nice for me. Especially, since I am so confused about my feelings for Heechul. And an outing without boys would be nice. I need a break.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We watched a movie, ate, went shopping and ate again. While eating, after catching up with each other, the topic changed to love.

“Do you love your husband?” I asked and she laughed.

“Why did you ask for a divorce?” she joked.

“I can’t stand him.” I played along and she laughed.

“But why did you ask me to go out? Did something happen?” she asked. I played with my food and sighed.

“Recently…Heechul oppa confessed to me.” I said.

“Mwo? Confess?” she asked.

“He didn’t say I love you but if you interpret his action and words, yeah…” I said.

“That’s great. But you didn’t seem happy. Omo, don’t tell me you don’t like him anymore.” She said. Do I?

“What if my feelings for him for all these six years were actually an admiration? I just like him as an idol and it was for fan service and I was just confused because of it…” I said trying to draw a conclusion.

“It can be that too. But didn’t you actually really like him?” she asked. I remembered our first meeting at the cafe. 

“If someone says he didn’t like you, will you still like him? Maybe yes, but you’ll get over it sooner or later.” I shrugged and shook the scene when he told me to stop following him.

“Since when did you realize you don’t have any feelings for him anymore?” Eunjung asked.

“Just now? My heart didn’t beat that fast anymore...” I said.

“You might take it as a game or a challenge. A game to make him likes you back. Now that you’ve won, the game is over.” She said.

“Yah, what do you think I am?” I asked and laughed. “But maybe you’re right, it’s just to spice up my life. You do know how boring an idol life is right?” I asked and she laughed.

“Yeah, it is boring.” She admitted.

“But I think you need to rethink this. What if you were actually trying to play hard to get? And you’re just acting in front of me?” she asked.

“That makes no sense at all, Eunjung ah.” I rolled my eyes.

“Of course it makes sense. Since Heechul oppa had played hard to get for six years, it’s your turn. Am I not right?” she asked and I laughed.

“I’ll think of it.” I said.

“Yah, it was not an idea.” She shook her head and I laughed.

“It might just be that I’m tired.” I shrugged.

“Are you tired for a second round of shopping?” she asked raising her eyebrow.

“Nope.” I said and we laughed as we got up.

~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~

May 28, 2011

On the Dream Concert, Heechul had noticed how Jang Mi acted around him. She was no longer fan girling or clinging on his arm, acting cute. She didn’t treat him coldly either. She was just fine with him. This actually drove him insane.

He would make jokes and went Jang Mi talked to him, he will pretend not to hear it so he could leaned his head close to her. The closeness between their faces didn’t make Jang Mi flush either.

He has begun to worry.

~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for the very short chapter. To those who had read my previous story, Cold Hearted Man would know that I’m an author full of surprises. I’m an author that have plenty of ideas in changing the event.

Are you ready, my reader?

Phase 1: Jang Mi didn’t like Heechul any longer.

Phase 2: Heechul becomes desperate for Jang Mi’s attention.

Phase 3: ?

Click here

And Heechul was super close to Hara in Dream Concert that it drives me insane. Well, Heechul is close with many other celebrities… Watch this. This is how Heechul did it with Jang Mi. You can find many other videos that have ChulHara interractions in it. :3