032

Innocent School Girl by Day, Feared Gangster by Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure this place will like us here?” Youngjae asked nervously as people stared at the two bruised boys and passed out bleeding girl.  They looked like a mess right now in front of all of the classy people. 

Lay ignore the stares and continued walking towards his father’s office.  Hopefully he was back from his vacation today. 

“Just a few more doors,” Lay whispered to Youngjae.  The other nodded and they sped up towards the door labeled Dr. Zhang.  

Once they reached the door, Lay pounded on the door, making the person inside yell. 

“Come in.  Stop knocking,” the person inside calmly ordered in a familiar voice.  Lay smiled and opened the door to see a small middle aged man sitting at his desk.  The man looked up and smiled once he saw Lay. 

“Yixing,” the man stated in awe,” What are you doing here?  Who are they?”  Lay smiled nervously. 

“I’ll explain later.  She really needs help right now,” Lay explained.  Mr. Zhang agreed and quickly brought Haru to the surgery room and had a team of doctors help save Haru.  Lay sighed in relief once Haru was safe inside and followed his father back into his office. 

“So tell me why you are here at this late hour and are those your friends?” Mr. Zhang asked curiously.  He was confused of seeing Lay with two new people.  Lay’s father knew that his son never talked to anyone except Exo.  It was strange for him to go straight to his office during late hours.  Plus he was wearing clothing that had the letters BTS all over it.  Everything was strange. 

“Um-I,” Lay stuttered.  How was he supposed to tell his dad what happened?  ‘Oh I fought in a gang battle, the love of my life was badly stabbed.  Wait, the love oh my life is in a gang and she was saved by her ex-boyfriend.  Yeah dad, today was a great day.  How was yours?’ 

Mr. Zhang noticed his son’s sudden nervous behavior and frowned.  Something seemed off since Lay changed when he was gone.  Wait-

“Is that girl your girlfriend?” Mr. Zhang asked.  Lay closed his eyes in fear and nodded his head.  Mr. Zhang chuckled to himself as he saw his son blushing. 

“You must love her very much,” he commented.  Lay was about to say something but the door opened. 

“Sir,” one of the nurses interrupted,” The girl’s okay.  She just needs stitches and then she’ll be in recovery.  The surgeon said she should be released from the hospital by tomorrow the latest.” 

“Thank you.  You may return to your duties,” Mr. Zhang replied and stared at his son when the nurse silently closed the door.

“How did your girlfriend get-“

“She’snotmygirlfriendyetbutIloveherandsheisreallynicebuthse’sagangsterandIwasinagangsterfighttogetherbackbutherexboyfriendsavedherandsheisreallyniceandshesavedmeand-“

“Slow down son,” Lay’s father sighed while rubbing his temples. 

Lay took in a deep breath and repeated,” She’s not my girlfriend yet but I love her and she is really nice but she’s a gangster and I was in a gangster fight together back but her ex-boyfriend saved her and she is really nice and she saved me so-“

“I approve.”

“Please don’t- what?” Lay tilted his head in confusion. 

“I approve her.  Like you stated earlier, you love her and she has a wonderful personality.  Plus, I figured out that she’s a great young lady because she got you out of your shell.  Even your friends didn’t accomplish that.  You know son, you’re at that age where I have to marry you off to someone and I think you already found the perfect wife-“

“Dad,” Lay blushed from embarrassment and Mr. Zhang chuckled. 

“However, we have to get your mom’s approval first before we notify her parents.  But knowing her, she would approve anything for you.”  Lay gulped nervously. 

“Dad, she doesn’t have any parent-“

“Dr. Zhang,” the nurse interrupted as she opened the door slightly,” I’m sorry to intrude on your lovely conversation but there’s a patient waiting for you of the third floor.  They wish to speak to you at once.  Oh and Lay, there are a group of boys waiting for you in the lobby.  Your other friend was walking towards the lobby earlier and told me to give you this.”  The nurse walked in and handed Lay a letter and left. 

Mr. Zhang smiled and stood up out of his chair. 

“Sorry son,” he apologized,” I have a client to take care of.  You can visit your girlfriend in the room okay?”  Lay nodded and walked outside of the office with his dad. 

“We’ll talk about the wedding plans later with your mom once we tell her at home,” Mr. Zhang smiled at his son one last time before he left. 

“What just happened,” Lay thought to himself as he started walking to Haru’s recovery room.  “How did he-“

Lay felt someone staring at him and turned around, only to find an empty hallway.  The boy shrugged it off and headed to Haru’s room.  

 

-

 

Youngjae stared at Lay as he walked out of his father’s office.  He was sure the nurse gave him the letter he quickly wrote.  Hopefully Lay would read it.  The boy couldn’t believe the foolish things he did to Haru and how troublesome he was.  He was horrible to everyone. 

He walked away towards the lobby and remembered hearing the conversation with Lay and his father.  Of course he felt a pang in his heart when he overheard Lay’s dad talking about Lay marrying Haru in the future.  The boy can’t let go of his feeling for her in one day. 

Youngjae gulped as he saw BTS and EXO waiting for someone in the lobby.  He hide himself behind a counter once he saw Jimin looking his way.  Still embarrassed by his childish actions, Youngjae ran out of the hospital unseen.  The cold night air greeted him as he got outside.  Youngjae took out the final letter he wrote in his pocket and smiled reflecting on his decision. 

The boy took off to one final destination before he could ran away for good.  Got7 would be on his tails soon and he doesn’t want Haru, Lay, and BTS to get hurt this time.  He started the whole thing and now he was going to fix it.

 

-

 

Lay smiled as he opened the door.  Haru laid on the hospital bed sleeping peacefully.  The boy dragged a chair next to the bed and brushed some hair out of her face.  He chuckled as Haru pouted in her sleep. 

Something fell on the floor, stopping the boy from observing her lovely face.  Lay picked up the letter from Youngjae and frowned. 

“I wonder what this is about,” he thought to himself,” I didn’t know he left already.” 

Dear Lay,

                I wouldn’t be surprised if you hate me right now or forever.  I just want to tell you that I’m sorry for meddling into your love life with Haru.  I was jealous and I greedy with my own thought and I didn’t think about how this would end up. 

                I won’t be around here anymore so don’t worry about seeing me.  I’ll be running away from Got7.  However, please do one simple favor for me.  Keep Haru happy.  Please don’t make her cry.  Make new lasting memories for he because she deserves it.   Protect that girl in all cost and show her how much she means to you.  Love her like she won’t be there tomorrow. 

                Once again, I’m sorry for everything horrible that happened. 

                                                                                                                                Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                Youngjae                  

Lay had a blank look on his face.  Of course he was angry for everything that happened but he forgave him.  He understood why Youngjae turned selfish and he knew that it wasn’t entirely Youngjae’s fault.  He was just a pawn for Jb. 

“What matters is that Haru is okay,” Lay thought to himself as he stared at the girl.  “Wait, isn’t BTS downstairs in the lobby with Exo?” he stated to himself and stood up from his chair. 

“Sweet dreams Haru,” Lay whispered as he exited her room,” I love you.” 

 

-

 

“So.” 

BTS and Exo were sitting in the lobby awkwardly.  They didn’t know how to interact with each other.  Yes they could get along but it was Lay who usuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter