020

Innocent School Girl by Day, Feared Gangster by Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru slowly walked down the empty hallway and entered the classroom.  She made sure to come to school an hour earlier to avoid bumping into Lay. 

“He probably thinks I’m a monster,” she muttered to herself and put in her earbuds.  Haru brought out her notebook to see if the picture was still there, but found out that it was missing.  Scared of anyone finding it, Haru dumped her backpack’s contents and frantically tried to find it. 

“No,” she repeated.  Haru went through every single page of her notebooks and clothes.  She slammed her fist on the desk, still in the trance to find it.  Her silver bat brought her back to the present when it dropped on the ground.  Haru bent down to reach it until someone’s foot stepped on it.  They bent down and picked it up.  The girl slowly stood up and saw the familiar person. 

“Here,” Lay stated with his dimple smile.  Haru’s face was drained with color when she grabbed the bat from him.  The worst part was her eyes, they lacked life.  The boy frowned as Haru shoved all of her clothes, weapons, and books in her bag. 

“Thanks,” she whispered.  The two of them were awkward.  No one really knew how to start a conversation after what happen the other day.  Lay glanced at the girl every so often and smiled. 

“Thanks for saving me yesterday,” Lay said to Haru, making the girl stiff. 

“Your welcome,” she murmured and continued listening to Suga’s mixtape. 

“It was really brave of you to fight back to that one group that attacked us,” Lay commented, hoping that the girl would reply back.  But to his dismay, Haru just sat there, life still out of her. 

“You were really strong yesterday.” 

“…”

“Those gangsters seemed to beg for mercy.” 

“...” 

“Um.” 

“…” 

“They were sure-“

“Yes I get it.  I’m a monster,” Haru spat out, tired of hearing Lay talking about her fighting other people.  Lay was taken aback for a moment and was afraid.  He was afraid of Haru becoming distant from him.  Without thinking, Lay held Haru’s hand and looked her directly in the eyes.  Haru gulped nervously at the new Lay in front of her. 

“Yah-“

“You’re not a monster,” Lay told Haru while combing her hair,” You were never a monster in the first place.” 

“You don’t understand,” Haru mumbled,” I’m a gangster.  People call gangsters monsters.  We can kill people easily.  Gangsters are killing machines that are forgotten.  I’m a-“

“You’re not to me,” Lay stated,” It’s part of who you are and you shouldn’t be ashamed of it.  You should embrace the gangster side of you.”  Haru started tearing up and stopped looking Lay in the eyes.  Lay sighed and still held her hand, feeling the tears hit his hand. 

“I was forgotten twice,” she mumbled,” it hurts.”  Lay nodded and rubbed his thumb over her knuckles.  He knew what was coming, he heard the story before.  More tears came out of the girl’s eyes. 

“I know,” he whispered,” I know what happened to you.  Jimin told me what they did to you and I understand what’s processing in your brilliant mind.  But you’re not forgotten to me.  I’ll be here until the very end.  I promise.”  Haru looked up and Lay wiped the tears away.  She hugged Lay and started crying again.  Lay calmly patted her back, comforting the girl who finally broke.  

“It’s ok,” Lay said as Haru’s tears fell on his blazer,” You need someone to talk to other than BTS.  Let it all out.  It’s not healthy to keep all of your emotions in.  You’re strong when you’re acting like yourself.  If you fall, I’ll fall with you.  I’ll help you become comfortable around people I promise.”  Lay felt the tears no longer falling and Haru released.  The girl sniffled and stared at the front of the classroom, wiping the tears out of her eyes. 

“Thanks,” she breathed and the two of them were silent. 

Lay looked at the mask in his pocket and smiled. 

“I know what to do now,” he thought as he looked back at Haru,” I know what I can do.” 

 

-

 

“Pass up your reports.”  Students grumbled, the sounds of papers rustling were heard as people were frantically trying to put their project together last minute as usual.  Haru looked at Lay and sighed with relief as she saw him turning in their project to the teacher.  Lay smiled at her as he sat down in his seat and Haru sat stiffly. 

“Why is he so nice to me?” she thought to herself. 

The teacher, who was qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter