015

Innocent School Girl by Day, Feared Gangster by Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you here?” asked Lay.  Haru was quiet and shifted uncomfortably. 

“Come on,” she thought as she looked at him,” You can trust him.  He’s not going to do anything to you right?”  Lay observed that the girl was uneased and he sighed.  He was about to speak until something caught his eye.  It was a picture of Haru and some boy in a garden.  Both of them were holding hands and they looked extremely happy.  Lay looked up at the girl and saw that tears were coming out of her eyes. 

“Is he the reason why gardens are so important to her?” Lay asked himself as he looked at the messed up place.  “Did he die or something?  Did they use to date?”  Haru sniffled and wiped the tears out of her eyes. 

“I don’t have anywhere to eat,” she sobbed.  A tear fell on the picture and she crumpled to the ground, her picture falling out of her hands.  Lay stumbled and tried to help Haru up but she shooed him with her hand and stood up. 

“I’m fine,” she assured him and left.  Lay saw that the picture was on the ground and he picked it up.  He was about to give it back to her but she was nowhere to be seen.  The boy smiled when he saw haru smiling in the picture. 

“So this is what she looks like when she smiles,” he awed at the picture.  Lay looked at the boy with a determined face.  “I don’t know if you’re dead or not but,” Lay paused and looked around if anyone was looking,” I will make Haru smile one day.  I promise.”  Lay put the picture in his notebook and left the garden. 

“Haru.” He called out as he walked down the empty hallway.  “If I was a lonely girl that had nowhere to eat, where would I be?” Lay asked himself.  A silhouette of a small tiny girl appeared through the window of their classroom and the boy smiled.  He opened the door and saw Haru sitting down on the floor, eating her lunch. 

“Do you mind if I join you?”  The girl looked up and she stayed still.  Lay chuckled and gave her his signature dimple smile and sat down next to her.  They ate in silence just like when they first ate lunch. 

“Are you usually lonely?” Lay asked as the girl put a piece of kimchi in .  Haru nodded and shoved a spoonful of rice in after the piece of kimchi.  Lay chuckled again. 

“This girl is too cute,” he thought as he watched her eat.  Suddenly, Lay had a brilliant idea.  

“Do you want me to introduce you to my friends?” asked Lay.  Haru was about to shoved another spoonful of rice in but she stopped. 

“Let me introduce you to my friends.” he said while holdin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter