018

Innocent School Girl by Day, Feared Gangster by Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Should we tell your family about us?” Youngjae asked and Haru sighed. 

“Well,” she thought,” he’ll find out eventually.” 

“Sure,” Haru confirmed,” But promise me you won’t tell anyone about my family ok?”  Youngjae smiled and nodded. 

“Okay.” 

 

-

 

“How many gangs are there?” Lay shouted as Haru chucked a piece of wood at an attacking gang, whacking the poor victims head and the victim soon fainted.  The enraged members sped up and ran towards them. 

“More than you can imagine,” she yelled back, still gripping onto Lay’s wrist,” Hurry!  I can see the house from here!”  Seeing that their attacker’s energy was draining, Haru dragged Lay behind a ruined wall that was tall enough the hide the both of them.  A huge stack of wood was given to him and Haru took out her cell phone. 

“While we run, you throw these at anyone who tries to attack us while I call back up,” Haru explained.  Before Lay could comment, the girl grabbed his wrist again and charged toward an old metal door.  The gang angrily went after the two again and started throwing wooden stakes as well. 

“What do I do?” Lay shouted as they dodged a stake that was aimed at their heads. 

“Just chuck it!”  Lay threw a piece of wood and successfully hit a member on the leg, making them fall to the ground.  Lay smiled and got excited. 

“I just fought a gangster and won!” he thought to himself.  But his excitement didn’t last long because another stake was aimed at him again.  Haru quickly made Lay dodge the attack and dialed Jimin’s number. 

“Oppa it’s me,” she screamed into the phone while dodging another wooden stake from the rivals,” Send backup.  Send Jungkook.  Send Rap Monster.  Send someone!  We can’t hold back Beast any longer!”  Haru ended the called and shoved the phone in her backpack.  She nudged Lay and took the wood away from him. 

“I’ll hold them back.  Run as fast as you can to that metal door over there,” she ordered and chucked another piece at another gangster’s head.  Lay nodded and ran for his life.  He didn’t want to die yet. 

Lay gulped when he saw two boys opening the door.  Each had a deathly look on their face.  One looked directly at him and smirked. 

“So you were the other part of ‘we’,” one that looked like Baekhyun commented.  Haru rolled her eyes and shoved Lay at them once they reached there. 

“Take Lay in,” she growled and grabbed her bat.  The other boy took her backpack and looked uneased. 

“Haru you shouldn’t be fighting for that long,” he said worried.  Lay looked up and started shaking once he saw the six people running towards them. 

“Just take him inside and send out Jungkook and Rap Monster!” she yelled,” I’ll take a break when the rest of the members come out!”  Both of them nodded and took Lay inside. 

“What is Haru doing?” Lay question and tried to look back as he was dragged into the hideout. 

“She’s going to fight.  You’re lucky you’re on her good side.  You know that she can kill right?” the taller boy stated and sat Lay down on the couch in the furnished living area.  “Now stay here.  Haru’s brother is going to meet you.” 

Lay nodded again and noticed two other boys running out of the door.  One of them had a pair of sunglasses and the other cracked his knuckles as they stepped outside. 

“So you are the other person my sister was talking about.”  Lay turned around and saw a short boy wearing a tank top and basketball shorts.  The boy had a deathly look on his face and stared at Lay.  Lay quickly stood up and bowed. 

“Hello.  My name is Lay.  I’m Haru’s classmate-“

“Oh please,” the boy scoffed and sat down in a chair,” If you were just Haru’s classmate, you would have already died.”  Lay’s eyes went wide and his hands started shaking. 

“D-died?” he stuttered.  The boy nodded and motioned Lay to sit down on the couch opposite from his chair. 

“Please sit.  I know that you must be important to Haru one way or another,” he responded.  Lay sat slowly at down and the boy glared Lay in the eyes. 

“So Lay,” the boy started as he slouched in the chair,” Is my sister distant at school?”  Lay blinked and didn’t know what to say. 

“Is she distant?” the boy questioned again. 

“Yes,” Lay finally answered.  The boy hummed and looked at a picture on the wall. 

“How did she open up to you?” 

“How did she?” Lay thought to himself and pondered for a bit.  “Should I just explain everything?  He does have the right to know. 

“I was curious.” 

“Curious?” The boy raised his eyebrow,” explain.” 

“She was always this distant girl in my class.  Everyone ignores Haru because she’s a transfer.  Transfers are like death to some students at SM High so students don’t want to be around them.  But I felt that Haru was different-“

“How so?”

“Well,” stated Lay,” Most transfers stay at SM for three weeks the latest but Haru has stayed much longer than that.  She always blocks out the unnecessary attention people create in class.  And, of course, she acts distant.  The first day I saw her at school, she di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter