Atlast

before the worst

[Warning: not a word from Amber.]

---

Krystal grew up in the shadow of her mother because everyone is saying that she looks exactly likes her, she got her singing talents from her, she inherited her talent in arts, her dancing skills, everything from her mom.How she wish she got something from her father too, his talent in cooking for example.

Krystal spend her childhood following her mother's footstep to become the perfect daughter for her perfect mother, until she fell in love with a girl.

 

--

 

"Do you think they will approve if you told them that you're dating a girl, Krys?" Krystal shakes her head immediately as an answer, Luna then look at Sulli, as if asking her for answers.

 

"Don't look at me like that, I might know them for years but I really don't have any idea. And they're Soojungie's parents not mine, she know them better than I do." Sulli answered Luna's silent question. "Do you have any idea if they are fine with same relationship?" Sulli then ask her bestfriend.

 

Krystal let out a sigh before answering, "With how conservative dad is, I'm sure I won't hear the end of this. There is a 50-50 chance with mom though, one of her cousin do date a girl and she's still close with her."

 

Another sigh, this time from the three ladies in the room.

 

"This is too hard, and to think that you two is not yet official", Sulli said while shaking her hear.

 

"Who said we're not?" Krystal said while smirking. She's so sure she heard her bestfriends' neck cracking from the suddent turn of heads. 

 

--

 

"I have something to say", Krystal said to her parents one night.

 

"What?", her father ask without lifting his eyes from his phone.

 

"I am dating Amber." She said as low as possible, as if she can still take it back, hoping that her parents didn't hear her.

 

"WHAT?!" Both her parents raised from their seats, both fully knows who Amber is.

 

A moment of silent and Krystal's eyes are starting to water, thinking how she failed her parents, how she's a disappointment, thinking what she should do if they ask her to break up with Amber, how she's a..

 

"ATLAST!!" her father suddendly burst, shocking the two ladies in the room, killing all the thoughts running inside her head.

 

"Why do you seem so happy about this?" her mother asked her husband.

 

"Didn't you hear her, honey?" a question from a suddenly very excited husband.

 

"I did and I am happy for them.", her mother look at her and smiled before going back to the excited man "But I still don't have an idea why are you acting like a mad man?" an answer from a very confused wife.

 

"Well, I am just so happy." Her dad said, contentment in his voice.

 

"Happy that your baby girl is dating?" A teasing question.

 

"Happy that atlast she got something from me." Her dad said as if she done something so wonderful, as if she cooked something wonderful without burning the kitchen to dust.

 

"What? You lost me there honey."

 

"We both like girls honey!" Her dad said while shaking her mother's shoulder, as if that can make her realize faster whats his been saying. "Finally, a similarity with my baby girl after 20 years, atlast."

 

So maybe this time, just this time, its time for Krystal to acknowledge that she got something from her father, and it is not cooking.

 

--