Escapade

before the worst

As Krystal close the passenger's seat door, Amber's mind started to reminisce what just happened, their very first escapade.


--


Amber doesn't know if it's because today is Valentine's day or because of Krystal's hand that was holding hers tight a while ago, but as cliché as it is she really feels that love is in the air.


They went to the country side, the beach to be exact, because apparently the younger girl likes the beach so much or maybe they just like the fact that they'll be alone, away from the bustling city.


Amber always adore Krystal. How she can stay so calm even if she was pressured by time. How she can be so cute when she's eating mango. How she can be so serious in everything that she's doing, even if it just shredding papers. Or how she can be still so beautiful in Amber's oversized shirt.


The thought of the oversized shirt reminds Amber of what they've done in their rented cottage by the seashore, the event before Krystal decided that she want to wear Amber's shirt because as per the younger girl Amber's shirt is much comfortable than her own, the event that she's going to repeat in her memory for a very long while.


Amber's mind then began to replay the day she accidentally confessed her feeling to Krystal. 


Their department decided to have a night out and she planned eat, drink and dance and that she did,  but the next thing she knows is she was alone with Krystal, kneeling in front of her and confessing; stuttering the whole time.

 

----


Smiles then begin to appear in her face.


Her reminiscing was stopped by a knock on her window.


"Why aren't you leaving?" Krystal asked.


"Just resting for a bit. Got a long drive, remember?" 


"Want to go up stair first?"


"Nah, you go in, I'll go home in a bit."


"Ok bye. Drive safe Am."

 

She waited until the younger girl entered the apartment building before she started her car, her smiles slowly disappeared.


"Now I need to get home to the wife" Amber mumbled as she drove away.

 

 

 



AN: this is for my Reader who keep on rereading 'Wedding day'