the DAY

before the worst

"You promised me Krys!! You promised me you'll stay!! Please don’t leave me. Don’t go babe.", and she came running to me, hugging me from the back while I'm packing my suitcase, ready to go.

 

"Am, we've talked about this a hundred times. So please let me go.", but she didn't let go, instead she hugged me tighter, she pulled me closer, putting me where I belong, her's.

 

“No! Letting you go will never be an option for me. I’ll never let you go. I’ll do anything for us, for this to work, for us to last forever.” she said with shaky voice, she's talking as if she's about to cry.

 

I stopped packing, turned around to face her, looked at her and said "Am, we're running out of time, we have a plane to catch. But if you don't want to claim that honeymoon that you've been dreaming ever since, I'm fine with staying in this room."

 

How I wish that I've took a picture of your face, It was priceless. "*gasp* No! You know how excited I am for this trip!" you said while pouting. "You really need to quit watching television, those dramas made you even weirder." I give her a peck on her lips and resume my packing.

 

She’s Amber Josephine Liu, my best friend, my savior, my lover, my wife. We’ve been together for 8 years and we got married last week and will be having a honeymoon today,  we’ve planned this honeymoon years even before she ask me to marry her.

 

I can still remember that day when I accidentally saw the engagement ring she bought, she stupidly put it on my bag. I can’t believe I fell for her, she’s so stupid, clumsy and she always tends to forget something. Yet, she never forgets any of our anniversaries, my birthday, or anything related to me. She’s clumsy, but she’s always there for me. She’s stupid but she love me more than anything in this world, she always put me first.

 

Now, we're in a car,I'm holding her hand, waiting for her to wake up. Wishing for her to wake up. Hoping that the accident is just a bad dream. Trying to tell myself that the bloods in my hands are not hers. Trying to avoid listening to the fading beeping sound. Trying not to look at the flat line.