[N] TASTY announces halt of Korean activities

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı
Woollim Entertainment
 

Korean-Chinese duo and twins TASTY has posted a shocking statement on their Weibo recently, revealing they will no longer be active in Korea in regards to their music activities.

On July 15th, the twins wrote the following:

“Hello everybody, we are Daeryong and Soryong.

We are a Chinese group which used the name of TASTY for our Korean debut. We would like to announce through here that our life in Korea of almost 8 years will come to an end. There are in fact many things that we are not able to come terms with our agency, so we made this decision after a long time of consideration. I believe that friends who have always been supporting us will understand. The end of our life in Korea does not mean that our music will also end, we will continuously do our music.”

TASTY_Weibo20150715

TASTY made their debut under Woollim Entertainment in August 2012 with the album Spectrum, returning with the title track MAMAMA a year later. They last released a single in Korea in August 2014 titled Addiction, which was also released in China a few days later.

Soon after news broke out of TASTY‘s sudden withdrawal of their Korean activities on their Weibo account, Woollim Entertainment has released a statement showing their shock.

To media portal Star News on July 16th, officials stated, “We have been supporting TASTY through various activities in order to achieve a common goal. We were planning and preparing to release a new song hold activities at home (Korea) and abroad (China) simultaneously in mid-June. We were discussing the activities and future plans for the artists when it was confirmed they had left for China and cut off all contact with the agency. We don’t think this is currently the worst-case scenario. We are still awaiting them to contact us. It is true that we have discussed regarding how they were having a difficult time but we have never discussed ending their activities in Korea. TASTY going to China without saying anything is true and that we couldn’t reach them at some point is a fact.”

[UPDATE]

Twin duo TASTY has responded to Woollim Entertainment‘s recent statement regarding the group about their supposed “disappearance.”

Soon after the Korean agency released their side regarding TASTY’s sudden and one-sided decision to withdraw from their Korean activities, posted through their Weibo, the brothers took to their Twitter account this time and responded in Korean:

“??What do you mean we independently disappeared without talking? What are all the discussions we had with you CEO and all the directors??? I can’t understand this from my point of view since we have already talked to you guys and you all complied that the company will understand… how can you say now that we solely disappeared without talking…. I can’t understand.”

“What do you mean by ‘the new song has finished recording’? Who was the one independently forcing the title song to us without listening to any of the member’s opinions and threatening us that our ‘comeback will be pushed back’ if we don’t listen to you? I’m a person who gets annoyed of speaking out every little detail, but I guess the time has come to tell every single thing one by one.”

Article: [Exclusive] Chinese duo Tasty submits one sided statement "We will be halting our Korean promotions"

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+296, -12] And what in Chinese tarnation is this now...

2. [+231, -8] Aren't these the two who Tao followed on Weibo after leaving EXO

3. [+216, -11] Chinese members again...

4. [+169, -7] Talk about a betrayal in the middle of the night

5. [+168, -8] Chinese again ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ