[SPOILER] 'Show Me The Money 4' II

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı

Remember, last year when there was huge speculation that some of the lyrics of last year's 'SMTM3' winner Bobby were dissing certain idols?

 

Particularly, Bobby was alleged to have dissed VIXX in a few lines of his lyrics of "YGGR" with the lines, "You guys have a long way to go. Boy group rappers come on stage with a clock dance. If you're tone deaf, go practice." This was said to have been referring to VIXX's 'clock dance' choreography for their track "Eternity".

 

And in response, VIXX's rapper Ravi had fired back with some lyrics of his own, which started off with the words, "That's right I'm an idol but you're also a ing idol".

 

So during the recent airing of 'SMTM4', Ravi was asked about this alleged 'diss song' aimed at Bobby. As Ravi walked into the the room for his second audition, Jay Park said, "I heard that you dissed Bobby."

 

Ravi replied, "It wasn't so much a diss, but Bobby had written lyrics that aimed at our group, so I came up with a track that was in response to that."

 

During the interview portion, Ravi explained further, "At the time, among boy group rappers, I was the only one doing the 'clock dance' and rapping about the topic of time. So who else could he have been talking about, if not me?" 

 

 

VIXX’s Ravi Drops “Shout Out to My” Following Elimination from “Show Me the Money 4″

Following his unfortunate elimination from Mnet‘s rap competition “Show Me the Money 4” on the July 3 broadcast, VIXX‘s Ravi has dropped a new track for fans.

On July 4, Ravi shared a link to his SoundCloud, where he uploaded the audio for a track entitled “Shout Out to My..” which appears to have been written in response to his recent elimination. Despite being dropped in the second round of the show, he makes sure to share his thankful heart toward his family, friends, and fans.

Some of the lyrics of the rap track include:

Of course, I don’t have any regrets, but I have to express my gratitude
My star and my family
and all my brothers who share one dream

I went head on and tried my best to make everyone proud
This gratitude for enveloping me with smiles
I won’t forget it
I won’t ever forget it

Shout out to my star
and family and brothers
shout out to my star
and family and brothers

I don’t regret because it became a stepping stone
It’ll become a flower tomorrow, bloom magnificently

It won’t be a simple task
Other colleagues may scoff at me
But I’m not embarrassed
The courage I had to not avoid the challenge
For that, I want to pat myself on the back

I may not have returned home with a standing ovation
But I’m here today, a better me than I was that day…

There are no ranks in occupation, if you know, then shut up
No, say whatever you want, you know f**k competition

I won’t be bothered, I only fight against myself
It’s time to set aside the hurt and keep running
I felt myself face [it] with ambition and courage…

 

 

 

It seems there was a huge misunderstanding online from international netizens about what under rapper Andup said on the July 3 airing of 'Show Me the Money 4.' 

 

There was a mistranslated tweet spreading around social media that stated Andup had spewed some insensitive 'racist' comments toward Seventeen's Vernon for his half-white, half Korean lineage. This resulted in a lot of hate messages being posted by international netizens on Andup's social media accounts. 

 

However, in the footage in question, what Andup says is far from racist, though he did call out Vernon and all the other 'untalented' idol rappers. He said something along the lines of, "This (SMTM 4) is Korea's unique hip hop show and I think only those who are actually talented should be on it." After Vernon's stage, Andup criticized Vernon's lacking performance by stating, "I don't know why he passed." Zico, who was sitting in the judging panel seemed to share Andup's sentiment, as he responded, "I don't know how he passed either," giving a sheepish laugh. 

 

 

At Andup's frank tirade against idol rappers, Tablo returned with an equally frank remark, rendering the rapper speechless. He said, "The thing is (irony), some of these so-called idol rappers are better at rapping than the under rappers who have been rapping for a long time." Andup then explained that he feels "no hostility towards those who have the talent," and that he believes "Bobby deserved to win last season." 

 

With all the shade Andup was throwing Vernon's way, Tablo stated that he wanted to see Andup matched up against Vernon in a future round. Tablo ended the conversation with some stern advice for the novice rapper, telling Andup that he should "worry more about developing his own talent in order to win against the idols rather than harboring hostility towards them." 

 

Andup, however, showed Tablo that he does have the skills to back up his comments as he impressed all the judges with his performance, earning compliments.

 

But this little segment was blown way out of proportion as some viewers thought Andup was making racist remarks towards Vernon's heritage. Andup even posted a sincere apology on his Instragram, "To the person mistranslated what I said: Everybody makes mistake. Ask somebody who are good at korean language enough to translate before uploading something next time. You made me a piece of trash for hours," and uploaded a picture of a post-it note that said, "Please forgive me.