[N] Police investigating into the case of Lee Junghee

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı
Police Reported To Be Investigating Into the Case of Lee Jung Hee and Her SonsTV Chosun

According to local news source News1, police have stated that they are investigating the case of a mother and her two sons suffering from years of ual slavery at the hands of her husband and family.

This case was previously reported on in Korea in the latter half of 2014, but never saw closure and saw related news articles online being taken down for unknown reasons.

The woman, who identified herself as Lee Jung Hee, took her case to the online community on June 20, 2015 KST to plea for help as the police have refused all requests for assistance.

The online community was moved to action and started to spread awareness of the story via major social networks and reporting to international news media, as well as official governmental institutions.

On June 23 PST, Lee Jung Hee and her two sons uploaded a video plea, which spread quickly throughout the online Korean community. With more and more people becoming aware of the situation and reaching out to authorities, the police seem to have been pushed to action.

The police stated to News1, “Although the things that the accuser is claiming are not properly surfacing, we are investigating from various angles.”

Netizens have commented on the few Korean news articles out there in various ways: thanking the media for reporting this, discussions how other articles are continuously being taken down, predicting that these articles will be taken down too, and pointing out that the police have previously said they were investigating but nothing happened.

Article: Police investigations launched into the case of mother and her sons that set the internet abuzz

Source: E-Daily via Nate

1. [+1,136, -16] Right in front of my eyes, I just saw an entire article with a huge amount of comments get deleted... what is our country doing? I can't help but swear... How can any of you call yourselves the media? If you were truly media outlets, you should not be sitting around deleting articles but spreading this as widely as you can. Why do you keep deleting articles, hmm?????????? What are you hiding?

2. [+908, -6] I just saw an entire article deleted before my eyes. It was ranked around 6th~7th. There was also a Pann post written by the son that was deleted as well.

3. [+870, -5] Articles about this keep getting deleted, what is seriously going on?

4. [+88, -1] It's an endless cycle. Netizens vote up articles and comment and then it gets deleted. Then the next day, netizens again vote up articles and leave comments. The minute this leaves the spotlight, the victims are back to their hell. Please keep upvoting everything you can. And to the journalists brave enough to report about this, please find strength. We'll support you!

5. [+63, -0] Earlier, I ran a search on 'mother and sons ion' and found an article and several posts about it. But just recently, I ran the same search and got 0 results. Did they get banned from the searches?