[N] 'Kpop Star' denies rumors of YG leaving show + US & Canda auditions

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı

20110705_kpopstar_1.jpg

Rumor has it that YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun Suk may be stepping down from the next season of 'K-Pop Star'.

As everyone knows, Yang Hyun Suk is one of the well-loved audition show's judges along with J.Y. Park and Yoo Hee Yeol. He took home names like Lee Hi and Akdong Musician from the show, molding them into incredibly successful artists. Since the show aims to bring talented artists into some of K-pop's biggest labels, Yang Hyun Suk stepping down from the show might seem strange, especially also because he has always expressed fondness for the show.

 

However, insiders suspect because YG Entertainment is predicted to be so busy in the next few months, Yang Hyun Suk might not have time for 'K-Pop Star 5'. Big Bang will be releasing two more singles, one on July 1st and another on August 1st, followed by their album release in September. Not only that, WINNER should be coming back soon, iKON has to debut, and a new girl group is supposed to be preparing for launch as well. Since YG Entertainment and Yang Hyun Suk emphasize perfection in every matter, it may be that he won't have enough time for all of his artists and a show to judge as well.

The rumors have intensified because of the speculations regarding a recent falter in relationship between YG Entertainment and SBS. With Big Bang going on to guest on KBS variety shows, and also supposedly running into a bit of conflict with SBS 'Inkigayo', some are suspecting that it may have led to a decision to step down from SBS' 'K-Pop Star'.

 

However 'K-Pop Star's PD denied that there was anything going on. "I didn't know those rumors are going around. Something like that won't happen. There is no contract with Yang Hyun Suk for his appearance on the show, yet we have continued to work together over the years, so that's how good our relationship is. We're currently taking applications for 'K-Pop Star 5', and preliminaries will start off in August. Rather than changing up the program, it's more important what kind of talents we are able to discover through the show."

 

YG Entertainment has currently not offered any response to the rumors.

 

Futhermore, dreams really do come true and next year, you can be standing on the same stage as next generation idols and artists such as Akdong MusicianLee HiLee Seung Hoon, and Bernard Park! 

 

The production team and judges from 'K-Pop Star' are making their way from Korea to find the next K-Pop star of season 5. Just like previous years, the steps to applying for the auditions are simple.

 

First, fill out the application form on their audition page (if you can speak Korean, please fill the application out in Korean) before sending it to respective email address designated for each location. For example, if you reside in New York and are planning to attend the auditions held in NY, send your application to: [email protected]

 

For those who are unable to attend live auditions due to their location, you can apply via YouTube. However, all participants are encouraged to attend the actual auditions.

 

Make sure you provide accurate information on your application such as your name, email address, and home address, so that the judges and the staff members can contact you accordingly.

 

Applications are currently being accepted and will close on the day of each audition location. All global auditions will be held this coming August. 

Audition Dates :
- Vancouver, CANADA : 1 August 2015
- Los Angeles, CA : 8 August 2015
- Atlanta, GA : 8 August 2015
- New York, NY : 15 August 2015
- Chicago, IL : 15 August 2015
- Toronto, CANADA : 12 September 2015
(Specific location will be announced in later date)

 

You can check out SBS 'K-Pop Star's official homepage to download the application form here!