[N] Updates on 'We Got Married'

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı

Sungjae, Joy for

We Got Married‘s youngest couple, BTOB‘s Sungjae and Red Velvet‘s Joy  has officially greeted viewers as a virtual couple on the show. Although it was the first episode, Joy defended her husband against her fellow Red Velvet members’ comments about him!

Prior to the couple’s first meeting, the two were given mission cards by the production staff, a typical scenario of the MBC variety show. The 21 and 20-year-old will first make their appearance with their respective idol groups BTOB and Red Velvet, making hearts flutter before revealing the identities of their virtual partners.

The main leads had to figure out their partners by communicating through a phone app. Compared to Sungjae, his six older BTOB members showed much more excitement and attempted to hijack the phone on his behalf.

At the same time, the other four Red Velvet members also showed more nervousness than Joy herself. Learning well from her father’s wise words, “Women should wait,” Joy showed patience while waiting for Sungjae’s response through the phone. Since it was a long wait, the other girls figured that he might have a timid personality, but Joy rebutted by telling them not to talk bad about him.

While their first meeting was cutely embarrassing, Joy surprised Sungjae by admitting that she likes guys with y lips, saying, “Oppa, I like that your lips are y,” causing Sungjae to be further embarrassed and flustered.

Moreover, during an interview with the show’s producers that is shown as part of the episode, Joy reveals that she’s never been in a relationship prior to the show.

“I started training in my first year of high school, so I never had a chance to date,” she says. “When it was cherry blossom season and there were many couples on the streets, I used to get really angry. I used to think, ‘I can do better! I’m cuter than them.’”

The episode which aired on June 20 included an interview with Yook Sungjae prior to meeting his virtual wife, Red Velvet’Joy, for the first time.

Sungjae revealed, “I want to marry early. I want to have a baby soon too. I have a dream of living happily with my pretty wife and child for a very long time.”

As for his preferences in women, he shares, “I prefer older women. There are things I can learn [from them].”

Interestingly enough, Joy is actually a year younger than Yook Sungjae.

Meanwhile, it has also been revealed that BTOB’s leader Eunkwang has joined in the show as a studio panelist.

Photo: sports today