[SPOILER] 'Show Me The Money 4'

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı

The first episode of Mnet's 'Show Me the Money 4 (SMTM 4)' aired, showing VIXX's Ravi giving it his all as not an idol but just as a regular contestant who wants to be recognized for dope rap skills. 

For being an idol with 'flower boy' good looks and displaying cringeworthy gestures (shooting a 'greasy' wink at the camera), other contestants couldn't hide their skepticism and scorn. Fortunately for the idol, his celeb status wasn't a deterrent in proving that he's got what it take to be on the show. 

 

Ravi spat some verses that impressed LOCO, who was one of the judges on the show. Some of the lines went, "Prepare that trophy for the future. Fight among yourselves, today I battle myself...I've believed the pivotal starting line is right now," indicating his firm resolve to slay everyone on the show and snatch the winning title for himself. 

 

In response, LOCO told Ravi, "Oh yeah. I will be looking forward to it," handing him the necklace which signifies that he passed the initial round. Ravi tossed a triumphant peace sign up in the air, joyous at his small victory. But this is only the beginning! 

 

Do you think Ravi will live up to his verses?  

 

 

There were over 7000 contestants in the first round of preliminary auditions for the fourth season of 'Show Me The Money', filled with talented rappers, but three particularly stood out for their flower boy visuals. They were Seventeen's Vernon, 1PUNCH's One and rookie actor Kim Min Jae (who recently made a cameo in 'Producer').

 

1PUNCH's One was said to resemble actor Kim Won Joon, while Kim Min Jae looks a lot like actors Yeo Jin Goo and Song Joong Ki, and of course Vernon was pointed out to be a young Leonardo Dicaprio.

 

It's a given that all three of them are good looking, but the survival rap competition isn't about that. So did their talent match up to their looks? As a matter of fact, all three of them impressed the judges with amazing rap skills and flow, and passed the first round! 

 

 

Former GLAM leader Jiyeon was one of the contestants on the first episode of 'Show Me the Money 4' which aired on  June 26. 

If you don't know already, GLAM disbanded after one of their members Dahee conspired with model Lee Ji Yeon to blackmail Lee Byung Hun for financial gain. After the disbandment, the members scattered across the country, wanting to escape the scrutiny and indictment from the public. One member, however, bravely showed her face on national TV, attempting to secure her spot again in the music scene through auditioning for 'SMTM 4'. Her reason for trying out for the 'SMTM 4' audition was due to her desire to "do music again and rap." 

 

The former girl group leader poured forth her heart in her verses, spilling all regarding the tumult and the hardships that befell her subsequent the scandal. Unfortunately, her rapping failed to impress the judge San E. He told her, "Your lyrics are good but there is something missing in your delivery," relaying his constructive criticism and asking if she had something else prepared. Jiyeon spat a couple more verses but ultimately, she didn't pass the initial audition round. 

 

Netizens were empathetic to Jiyeon's situation, leaving comments the likes of, "GLAM leader Jiyeon tried out for 'SMTM 4' but regrettably was eliminated," and "It's sad that the group disbanded because of the blackmail scandal."