[N] Korea proposes turning uninhabited islands into 'fan-club islands'

ıllıllı Ƭrendιng Ƙorea ıllıllı
Kim Soo Hyun EXO
 

Would you visit an island dedicated to major Hallyu stars such as EXO or Kim Soo Hyun?

That’s what the Federation of Korean Industries (FKI) is banking on with their new island proposals that were presented on June 28th. Despite the influx of tourists coming to Korea due to the ever-growing Hallyu Wave, the tourism aspect of the country is still in need of revitalization.

To combat this problem, the FKI proposed an idea to take Korea’s current uninhabited islands and transform them into fan-club based attractions such as an “EXO Island” or “Kim Soo Hyun Island.”

While there are many other rules and regulations that must be put in place before this can happen, the FKI made a strong case for it, citing that fans would have more ease when it comes to booking their trips to Korea and justified it by noting that the influence of the Hallyu wave sees thousands of tourists a year.

Article: Federation of Korean Industries "Let's take our deserted islands and turn them into Kim Soo Hyun Island, EXO Island"

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

-

1. [+516, -22] What in the absolute is this

2. [+364, -23] What a great idea. Let's throw all the stupid fangirls on those islands and put them in a battle royale. Whoever is the last survivor in the end gets to live with their favorite celebrity for a month. I bet you there will be volunteers.

3. [+348, -17] Why do we pay these people our taxes to spout this bs

4. [+16, -3] Are all of the higher officials in our country suffering from something...

5. [+13, -2] This sounds stupid...

6. [+12, -1] Then what happens when the groups retire or disband? You change the name of the island? You think creating something like 'EXO Island' will bring in tourism income? More like it's going to break the backs of stupid fangirl parents paying for their trips there.

7. [+11, -4] Doesn't sound like a bad idea considering the majority of Korean tourists are related to Hallyu stars. The problem is that stars are only popular for a life span of 5 years... Instead of naming an entire island after the star, just create a small Hallyu park inside of it. Anyway, where are they going to get the investment funding for this?? And it's not like Hallyu is guaranteed to be financially viable forever...

8. [+10, -3] Sounds so dumb

9. [+10, -4] This is hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I actually laughed in real life. So in about 100 years, our grandchildren are going to be reading about EXO islands in their history books. How exciting.

10. [+6, -0] Are these people battling each other to see who can spout the most nonsense bs 

-