Meeting Again

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

I stared at him and was taken aback. He was pretty good looking. He was a good head taller than me with dark brown orbs that would stare into your own. He had a small mouth with lips that complimented it. His nose was so perfect that I questioned whether or not he had it done. I gulped.

 

"Here, I figured you needed it more than I did. I have a hood" he pointed at it. I was silent. He gave me an awkward smile "Good luck getting a cab here. Walk down the street, there's plenty there" pointing to our far right. He took my hand and shoved the umbrella into my palm. He dashed down the other way, putting his hood on. I was still mute.

 

What just happened?

 

I shook my head and followed what he said. He was right. There was a whole line of cabs. I hurriedly got inside one and went back to the hotel. Entering our hotel room I noticed my sister wasn't there and I took my phone out. She replied with a simple "K". I sighed and changed my wet clothes to dry pajamas. I laid onto my cool bed and pondered on what just happened. Why did it affect me so much? He was just some random guy who helped me, right? We would never see each other again and that was that. But his umbrella lingered in my mind. I got up and opened it up to let it dry. I didn’t know how long I stared at it but when I finally snapped away from my daydreaming, my sister had come back with several bags of clothes.

Better get started on packing it all in.

 

------

 

I had 2 more weeks in South Korea before heading home which meant 14 more days before going home!

The weather was finally much cooler due to the pouring rain. It rained for two whole days. Two days I got to sit in the hotel room watching TV and sleep. Complete bliss. It was, however, torture for my sister. She was itching to go out again. I, on the other hand, loved it. I decided to go out for bubble tea across from the hotel. I didnt want to keep drinking water and soda. I wanted something sweet. A girl has to satisfy her sweet tooth. So I went to get bubble tea across by myself because my sister left me, again. I looked at the menu and bit my lip.

 

What should it be today? Taro milk tea? Black milk tea? Coconut milk tea?

 

I wanted to have it all, but today, I would get my usual, strawberry milk tea. Yeah, it sounds weird but I was obsessed with it ever since I was a little girl. I went to the cashier and my eyes widened. It was the boy from 2 days ago! The one who gave me his umbrella! I swallowed hard.

Would he recognize me? Oh no, I forgot his umbrella in the room. Should I go get it back? What should I do?

 

"Hello, welcome to Star Bubble Tea. What would you like to have today?" he greeted

I froze. Did he not recognize me?

 

"I...um..." I stuttered

 

He showed no emotion "Take your time, miss"

 

"..Strawberry..Milk Tea, no bubbles"

 

He smiled. I swallowed hard. "Is that all?"

 

"Yeah"

 

"Please wait over there, your drink will be ready soon" he gestured to the pick up area

 

I thanked him and walked to the pick up area. I scratched my head. He didn’t recognize me. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. But why? Why should I be? He didn’t know me personally. I shook my head to get all of this out of my head. He finished making my beverage and handed it to me.

 

“Enjoy your drink” he cheered bubbly. Cute.

 

I took it and bowed my head slightly as a thank you gesture. He smiled and bowed slightly back. I took a seat near the window and sipped my drink. I started to play a game on my phone to pass the time. I didn’t want to stay in the hotel room. I had to admit that I had to get some fresh air. I started my game and occasionally sipped on my drink. I was beating down all the demons and was really close to beating my highscore until someone startled me

 

"Excuse me"

 

I looked up. It was him! He took a glance at my phone and gave me an apologetic look.

 

"I'm sorry, did I disturb you?"

 

I shook my head almost immediately "No!"

 

His face relaxed "Oh okay. Um.. well, I don’t know how to say it but.."

 

I was at the edge of my seat

 

He gave me a sheepish smile "A few days ago, it rained.. and uh I gave my umbrella to someone and you kind of looked like her so I just wanted to make sure.. Do you remember any...?"

 

I nodded immediately "Yeah! Yeah I remember!"

 

Smooth, you look like an idiot

 

He gave the biggest smile and nodded "What a coincidence, huh"

 

"Yeah..." His smile was so bright and sincere. I felt my heart wavering.

 

It was quiet for a moment. I was nervous yet excited. He remembered me. Yet, why did he approach me? Did he really need his umbrella that much?

 

"Uh, well I still have my shift.. so I have to get back..."

 

I nodded "Yeah, um... I'll return your umbrella tomorrow. Will you be here?"

 

He nodded.

 

Great, I get to see him for another day. Yippe.

 

He went back behind the counter and took more orders. I finally exhaled. I felt queasy. My stomach had butterflies and I didn’t know why. I couldn’t have started liking him already right? I couldn’t have. I knew nothing about him. He could be a ert! I shook my head and continued to play my game. Time went by and I didn’t even know. I was startled again when the seat across from me was pulled out. Assuming it was people who needed extra seats, I ignored them. All of a sudden, someone coughed..very close to me. My head shot up and there he was, sitting across from me, changed from his uniform and dressed in a white t-shirt and denim skinny jeans. I blinked. What did he want?

 

"Uh sorry again..."

 

I shook my head "No, um.. dont be sorry"

 

He gave me a grin "I don't want to come off weird or anything but I just felt like I had to talk to you.."

 

I blinked once then twice and even rubbed my eyes. What. Was. Happening. Is this what people call fate or something? He felt like he needed to talk to me? Were we in some movie?

 

I laughed "Is this a prank or something?"

 

He furrowed his eyebrows "No.."

 

I stopped and cursed myself.

 

Wow don’t you look stupid now.

 

"Oh I'm so sorry.. its just this never happened before so I assumed you were dared to come talk to me or something.." I trailed off

 

He laughed next "Ahh I see. No its not like that. Honestly. I just felt like you needed someone to talk to. You seem so bored. Not to be a creep but you seem to be really really into that game" he pointed at my phone

 

I blushed "It's my favorite.."

 

He nodded "Yeah, you like demon destruction too?"

 

I blinked at him. He knew the game. Not even my best friends back home knew about it. I didnt know they had it all way here in South Korea too.

 

"You should play demon blast if you like that"

 

"I did. Its fun too. I purchased almost all the weapons and upgraded most of them to the fullest"

 

His mouth fell open "Whoa. I have never met a girl who played it before"

 

I blushed "Well I'm really into games"

 

He gave me a nod "I like that. We have more things to talk about"

 

I nodded back back shyly.

 

Realizing now, instead of cursing at Eun Sang for always leaving me, I should thank her. Without her always leaving me, I wouldn't have met my first love.

 


A/N: Just wanted to thank you guys for subscribing and commenting! I hope you guys liked this chapter! :)