We Met in the Most Cliché Way

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

All of this wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t go out that day.

 

 

"Eun Mi, I'm bored. Lets go out" my sister told me. I grunted in response. My sister Eun Sung knew what that meant.

 

"Oh come on, dont be lazy. Don’t you want to go sightseeing? Try new food? Go shopping?"

 

I shook my head "We did all of that"

 

"Yeah but that was with a tour guide. I wanna explore more!"

 

I sighed. I could be staying at the hotel with nice air conditioning and tv or go out in 100°F weather with sweaty people but something drew me to the latter, as bizarre as it sounds.

 

"Fine. But only for an hour, MAX"

 

My sister clapped. "Yay, what should we wear?"

 

That year, 2012, my family and I decided to go to Seoul, South Korea for a "family" vacation. We lived in Los Angelos, USA and I was dying to go home. My dad and mom wanted to come back to their home country and of course, bring their two lovely daughters to come along. That day, they decided to go on a very romantic date without us. And I didnt mind. I didnt want to see them cuddle.

 

Gross.

 

I wore a light blue cardigan over a white tank top with denim shorts. I put on my flip flops and combed my hair with my fingers. My sister was still applying her eyeliner. I sighed

 

"Who are you dressing up for? The President?"

 

"Haha. Very funny. I'm almost done. And who knows. Maybe some hot kpop star happens to walk down the street and sees what a beauty I am and marries me"

 

I rolled my eyes "Very likely"

 

In 30 agonizing minutes, my sister was finally done. As soon as i stepped out of the cool hotel lobby I instantly regretted my decision. The air was thick. The humidity was no joke, there were so so so many cars and plus the strong smell of street food slapped me in the face. Why did i come out again?

 

"Hmmm lets go to this shopping district. Heard its really nice... and they have air conditioning"

 

Thats all I needed to hear.

 

We took a taxi there with my pleads and whines. My sister wanted to walk and see all the buildings but no, I had to rain on her parade. Thats what younger sisters do, right? I ran inside and was greeted with a temperature my body agreed with. I inhaled and let my body take in the coolness. My sister dragged me inside a clothing store and disappeared somewhere inside. I sighed and took my ipod out. I didnt like shopping. I liked to be at home watching tv or playing video games. Yeah, I was that type of girl. I plugged in my headphones and played the playlist I put together the day before. I sat near the entrancte, waiting for my sister. She loved shopping, and was way into makeup and fashion than I thought was humanely possible. We were so opposite yet we were sisters. I kept looking at my watch. Its been 45 minutes and I still didnt see my sister. I sighed and went deeper into the store to search for her and her mountain size pile of clothes she always picks up. I looked everywhere and she wasnt anywhere. I took my phone out and tried to call her. It rung for a minute then went to voicemail. I shook my head. She mustve been wrestling some lady for the last shirt or something. I decided to wander around myself. I sent her a text telling her i was going to walk around the mall. I walked around the mall and I knew why she wanted to come here so much. Every store had a sale on clothes, makeup, shoes and acessories. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. I looked at the mall map and saw they had a game store. It was better than sitting at a bench for an eternity waiting for Eun Sung to finish her shopping. I went upstairs to the gane store and went inside.

 

Now, if you think he and I met there, you're wrong.

 

I went around the store and picked up some games that I found interesting. The cashier, who's name I cannot remember asked me if I liked to game. I nodded in response. I understood Korean and was fluent in the language but a simple nod would be enough here. The cashier boy smiled and told me that he loved to game as well. I nodded again, waiting for my change. He smiled again and handed me my change and a piece of paper. I put the change in my back pocket and held onto the piece of paper. I looked at it and furrowed my eyebrows.

 

What is this?

 

I opened it and it was a bunch of numbers. Oh.

 

"Thats my cell number. My name is Oh Sehun. If you have time, maybe we can go out for coffee and talk more about games?"

Right. Sehun. Thats his name!

 

I blushed. I never got hit on in the states, so this was all new to me. I grinned. This was somewhat of Eun Sang's fantasy. I smiled and nodded at sehun. Sehun gave himself a nod and sent me another smile. Boy, did he smile a lot. I took my games and left the store. I put Sehun's number in my back pocket along with the change. My mind wandered.

Would i go out for coffee with this boy? Probably not. I took my phone out and saw that my sister had yet replied to me. I shook my head and decided to go back to the hotel. She left me first so I'd leave her too. She could go sightseeing alone. I was just about to leave before my heart sank. It was raining cats and dogs outside. I didnt have an umbrella and I had just enough for a cab to go back so buying an umbrella was out of the picture. Should i run out and try to hail a cab? But my clothes wouldve been soaked and then see through.

 

Darn me for wearing light clothes.

 

I bit my lip and ran outside. Cars zoomed by and there was less people now. I ran to the streets and put my hand out. I couldnt see because the rain blocked any bright sign of a free cab. I felt like crying. I was wet now, cold and alone. I waved my hand and even stomped my foot on the ground out of anger. Ugh, this wouldnt have happened if Eun Sang didnt drag me out. Stupid eun sang

 

All of a sudden, the rain stopped pouring on my head, clothes, face, everywhere. Did the rain stop? No. It was still pouring all around. I looked up and saw an umbrella over my head. I thought it was Eun Sang. She probably saw my text and ran out to find me. I smiled and turned around

"Eun S-"

It wasnt Eun Sang. It was him. The one who will be the other main character of this crazy love story. The one who pretty much created this story.


Hey, I hope you liked this chapter! Comment with your opinions about it! Thanks for subscribing and reading ^_^