Gone

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

It was like a blur. My appetite was gone. My parents and sister hadn't noticed that I was quiet. Well then again, I was always quiet and distant from them. I mean, we got along fine but I just didn't feel as close to my parents as my sister did. 

My stomach churned. I scanned the restaurant for any sign of Baekhyun but I couldn't find him. Everything that had happened minutes before felt wrong. So so wrong. The look of sorrow and disappointment made me feel absolutely sick. Baekhyun was usually a very optimistic and happy person and to see that expression concluded that I had to find him. I had to find him and clear any misunderstanding.

"Honey, you haven't touched your food" my mother snapped me back to reality

"H-Huh?" I stared at my bowl. It was the food my mother had portioned out for me. It was left untouched and had cooled down. I swallowed my saliva and picked up my chopsticks. I didn't want to eat but in order to clear the air with Baekhyun, I had to clear my bowl first.

Finally, we had finished eating and my parents had paid the bill. I looked around the reaturant one more time for Baekhyun but he was still no where to be found. Was he hiding from me? No, he was more mature than that, right?

"Come on, let's go" Eun Sang called for me. I sighed.

"Hold on, I need to use the bathroom" I replied

Eun Sang rolled her eyes "Why didn't you just use it before?"

"Sorry" I mumbled. I made my way into the back of the restaurant towards the kitchen to see if Baekhyun was working in there. I stole a glimpse inside and saw no one in waitor's clothes. I scratched my head. Where did he go?

"Hello, can I help you?" one of the waitresses asked me.

I jumped back a little "Uh... yeah.. my friend was working here, Byun Baekhyun?"

"Ah! Baekhyun oppa! He left about a half hour ago. His shift ended" the younger girl said

I swore my eye twitched when the girl addressed Baekhyun as her oppa. I felt a little weird. After all, I also called him that. 

I shook my head. It didn't matter. He could be a thousand girls' oppa for all I care.

"Ahh.. I see. Thank you" I bowed my head slightly and left the restaurant. My parents wanted to take a longer route back to the hotel in order to see all the night attraction. I followed along but wasn't so into the attractions. Baekhyun had taken me there a few days ago so I already had a mental picture in my head. 

I pulled my phone out and saw no new message from him. I sighed. Why was I getting so worked up about this? What if he wasn't mad at all and I was just overthinking everything? 

I sent him a sticker of a bunny waving it's hands up saying "Hello". A couple of seconds later, I saw that Baekhyun had read my message. I waited for a reply. Seconds passed. Then minutes. He had seen my message but hadn't replied. I felt even more sick. He was angry! He's angry at me. I blew the friendship up. I officially ruined the friendship. And what was that it was all my fault.

I was tempted to send another sticker but felt like it made me feel desperate. I bit my lip and closed my phone. I decided to forget about it. If he wanted to act like this, then he can have it his way. I wasn't going to become all desperate and clingy because he didn't message me back. I wasn't that type of girl. I'm Kim Eun Mi. The girl who's independent and doesn't need someone to always be there. But I was wrong.

Seconds after thinking that, I felt sad that Baekhyun had chose to ignore me. I had gotten attached and now I got hurt. I didn't know what emotion to feel. I was disappointed in myself. Disappointed that I had allowed myself to get attached to him. But I also felt guilty. I felt guilty about giving him any sort of pain that I may have caused. He didn't deserve it.

---

And then 2 days had passed by. No message had been sent from him. I felt numb. The night it all happened, I felt sad, guilty, disappointed, angry, fustrated and most of all, longing. I had missed him. I constantly checked my phone and all I was greeted was my stupid sticker with the dreaded words "Read 9:32 PM" But after 2 days, I had felt a bit better. I had 5 days until I went back home. I should be happy. I had been looking foward to the day I would leave. I would get to sleep in my own bed. See my friends again. Play my video games. Everything would return back to normal. But somehow that thought had gotten me sad all over again. I didn't want things to go back to "normal". I wanted to talk to Baekhyun. I thought about what normal girls would do. Would they message again or would they drop it? 

I contemplated on asking Eun Sang for advice but decided not to. I wasn't in the mood to listen to her ramble on and on about the matter. I decided to contact one of my friends back in LA. Her name is Carmen and I've known her for about 8 years, and I see her as my closest friend.

You: Good morning sunshine

Carmen: What's up, princess?

You: I need your advice about something. 

There's this guy I met and long story short.. he's really funny and nice so we get along pretty well and I think.. I THINK I may have gotten him mad at me.. 

Help me. What should I do? Should I message him? Should I ignore everything and just forget about it all?

Carmen: Uh oh. You, Kim Eun Mi, is asking me for boy advice?

That means this is serious..

You: Oh come on, please help me. I'm about to go crazy.

Carmen: Message him back.

You: Do you really think so?

Carmen: I know so. You obviously care. How do I know? You messaged me about him. You usually dont talk about boys and if you do, it's about something serious so take my advice and message him. Now.

You: Okay.. Thank you

Carmen: No problem. And who knows? Maybe he'll be your boyfriend ^^

You: Highly unlikely.

But she was spot on. But we'll get to that later.

---

About 20 minutes after my chat with Carmen, I had been staring at my chat with Baekhyun. I knew I had to say something. Anything. But why was it so hard? What would I say? Something casual? Or perhaps just address the issue. I shook my head and typed the first thing that popped into my head.

You: Do you have time today? I need to talk to you.

I clicked send and breathed out. There. I had messaged him and now, I had to play the waiting game. If he doesn't reply to that message then it was clearly over. Whatever friendship we had built.. was basically over. Either he was too busy to answer me back or perhaps he was just that angry. I wouldn't know but all I had to do for now was to go out and clear my mind. I was cooped up in the room for 2 days thinking about everything. I needed to breathe.

My feet had led me to the most obvious place: The Bubble Tea Shop where Baekhyun worked at. I stepped inside and expected Baekhyun's greeting. Instead, I was met with his friend, Chanyeol.

"Oh! It's you" he said

I smiled "Hi.."

"Baekhyun isn't working today. But you probably knew that. You two talk are pretty close"

I felt awkward. We hadn't spoken in a while so I couldn't agree with Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun talks about you all the time, you know? He always brags about how you and him got super close and how you two clicked. Honestly, I was a little sick of hearing about it but then I thought it was cute. Baekhyun hadn't really taken any interest in a girl since his break up"

Chanyeol's odd ramble made me feel a bit better. He had talked about me. Good things. He too had felt a strange connection. I wasn't alone afterall.

But I was. Baekhyun had suddenly vanished. He didn't reply to my message. I looked at my phone and he hadn't read my message yet. I didn't take it as a good thing either. I constantly thought about Baekhyun. I believe I had thought about him more in the last two days than since our first meeting. He made me feel happy and ecstatic whenever I was around him. I needed him to be there for me. I needed to see him and for him to tell me that he wasn't mad at me. That everything was a misunderstanding and that everything will return to normal. And that we could spend the last few days that I'm still here-together. That we can laugh like idiots and pig out on food even though we were stuffed. I wanted that. 

 

 

And then it struck me. It took two days to realize something. Something that excited me yet terrified me.

I had started to develop feelings for Baekhyun. 

 

 


A/N: Thank you all for subscribing and reading! Please feel free to comment about your opinions! I would really appreciate it ^^ And if you're confused about any part, or need me to clarify on anything, then please ask away!