Dreams

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

Eight days. Eight days until I had to leave. The days were decreasing fast. I felt like it was just yesterday that I just met Baekhyun. Well, ever since I met Baekhyun, time flew by without me even knowing. We kept chatting through KakaoTalk but I'd much rather see him. Did I sound too clingy?

Baekhyun still had the power to make me laugh hysterically over some stupid image or make a joke so childish that a second grader wouldn't laugh at. Eun Sang would look over at me and quietly shake her head while giving me a sly smile. 

"Anything to do today?" Eun Sang asked me as she put on some earrings

"Mmm.." I mumbled as I opened a file Baekhyun had sent me. It was a picture of a dog in a tutu. Not funny right? Immature right? But I still laughed. Very loudly.

Eun Sang shook her head "You know, you should just ask him out. He seems perfect for you"

"Yeah uh huh" I didn't really care for what she had said. Did she think it was that simple? We were friends. Nothing more. 

"Well, I'm going out. Have fun. Be safe" Eun Sang said as she grabbed her purse and went out the door

"Bye.." I muttered after she had left and laughed again.

---

I had changed out of my pajamas into casual attire again. I wore some denim shorts, a black and white striped t-shirt and the same white sneakers. Baekhyun wanted to show me this event that was taking place nearby. He said something about a music festival. 

I met him at our usual spot, his workplace. He was graciously given the rest of the day off by his manager. Something about having fun while the night was young. 

Baekhyun spotted me and waved. I smiled and quickly ran over to him.

"Annyeong~" he smiled

I made a face. I wasn't the type to really take in aegyo. Mostly because I believed it was too cute-sy for me. But as quickly as I made the face, I quickly bursted into laughter. Baekhyun's aegyo was on a different level. I found the usual aegyo annoying, but Baekhyun's was oddly..nice. I was extremely bias, ok?

"Let's go" I said. Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at me but walked ahead. I shook my head at his silly reaction. I caught up with him and we walked side by side without saying much.

"So what kind of event is this?" I asked

"My friend told me that some bands come up and play for the crowd. Usually talent agents watch and if they're impressed, they would sign them or give them a chance to audition at their company" 

I nodded "Hey! So why don't you play?" 

He laughed "Today's event is for bands. Me, I want to be a singer. So either I join a band or I have to find some other way to join. I brought you here because I wanted to hear some good music with you"

My face turned a bit red. Maybe I was thinking too much, but I felt honored that he wanted to go with me and not his other friends. Then again, he might've seen a lot of these music festivals already but wanted me to enjoy them because he was that good of a friend. Either way, I was thrilled.

We finally reached the venue and oh my goodness, was it packed. Although the venue took place at a park with a lot of open space, there was barely enough space to walk through. I've always hated crowded areas. It made me feel icky.

"Wow, there's a lot of people here" Baekhyun said

I nodded "Yeah.."

"Let's stay for one or two songs and we can walk around, okay?"

I nodded again "Sounds good"

Baekhyun wanted to go closer so we tried to make our way through the crowd. 

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Coming through. Sorry" I mumbled. I looked ahead and I saw Baekhyun a few people ahead. I gulped. This is exactly why I hated crowded areas. Even back in LA, when there was a big crowd, you would never spot me near it. I tried to call out for Baekhyun but my throat felt dry. I tried to push through some people but many of them pushed me back. I was completely lost. And alone.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my hand. I looked up and Baekhyun was giving me small smile.

"Nevermind. We should get out of here" he said

I nodded. Please. I had to get out.

Baekhyun gently lead me through the crowd back to where there were less people. Usually in these situations, I would cry and probably run out of sheer panic but Baekhyun's gentle grip on my hand allowed me to feel safe, even though I was feeling dizzy and scared.

Finally, we weaved our way through and made it to the back of the crowd. There were less people and I was finally able to breathe. My skin felt cooler and my heart wasn't racing as fast.

"Sorry I lost you there for a minute. I thought you were right behind me. If I had known you weren't, I would've taken your hand sooner-"

That was when he realized we were still holding hands. He quickly let go of my hand, which dropped back to my side. His face turned a slight shade of pink and he looked away.

"Sorry for grabbing your hand without permission like that. You didn't look so good so my first reaction was to get you and I out of there"

I shook my head "No, thank you. And it's okay"

Baelhyun nodded slowly "Well.. since I promised to take you to a music festival, let's bring you to someplace musical"

Baekhyun had brought me to this music store which contained almost every music instrument you could think of. They had a whole range of guitars, pianos, trumpets, violins, cello and so so much more. 

"This is another place I come to often" Baekhyun said. "I self taught myself to play piano"

"Wow, you're smart" I said

He laughed really loudly "I know!"

I turned my head away in embarrassment. Leave it to Baekhyun to make a scene.

Baekhyun sat himself down at a piano and looked at the keyboard. The look in his eyes were peaceful and loving. The way a mother would look at her child. Baekhyun wiggled his fingers.

"I'll play you something" he said. He cleared his throat and began to sing and play.

 

With a fluttering heart, without knowing
I went to you, step by step
And I stayed by your side

My heart melts at your smile
When our eyes meet
My heart pounds

Oh remember my smile in your heart
Think about it several times a day

Oh words I want to say you to
You’re beautiful

Thank you for meeting me
I see you, always the same

Your thick scent that waited for me
Deeply rings in me

With this mysterious and strong attraction
I want to spread my wings toward you

My heart melts at your smile
When our eyes meet
My heart pounds

Oh I’ll sing for you on your spring day
Think about it several times a day

Oh this is what I think of you
You’re beautiful

(Byun Baekhyun- Beautiful)

His voice sounded so angelic and soft. It was amazing and I had never heard a voice like that. I had friends back home who sang very well but compared to Baekhyun, they sounded like amateurs. The way his fingers moved along the keyboard as he sang, blew me away. Something about the vibe he gave out sent chills throughout my body. My arms started to grow goosebumps and I was left in a daze. It sounds extremely tacky to say that he had a voice of an angel, but Baekhyun really did. Everything about him changed at that moment. He was no longer this goofy kid that lacked common sense. He was now this guy who had a gift. A great gift. I noticed everyone in the store looked over with a smile plastered on their face. They looked at Baekhyun with such admiration. I was proud to be his friend. Proud to be with him.

When he finished, he looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I replied by giving a thumbs up as well. He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I was good right?" he asked

"You.. were amazing.." I said

He smiled "I know. I have the talent. Now if only agencies saw that"

"Baekhyun, you were seriously seriously amazing"

"You really thought I was good?"

I nodded furiously "You were more than good. You were perfect"

Baekhyun and I exchanged smiles. Beneath our smiles were words exchanged that weren't said out in the open. Rather, they were exhchanged through our hearts and mind.

At that moment, I realized what singing meant to him. Some people aren't able to see what singing does to a person. They just respect that person as a person with talent. But to those talented people, singing is their everything. It's their escape from reality. And it's hard for people to get out of their comfort zone to sing out loud. Especially to pursue a career in it. But Baekhyun proved to me that anything was possible. As long as you have your talent, determination and especially that one person who would cheer you on no matter what. 


A/N: I wanted to address the part above where the OC was nervous and scared when it came to the crowd. 

No, she is not claustrophobic nor does she have any other mental illness regarding this. I just wanted to explain that she just ddin't like big crowds of people because it makes her nervous. Just wanted to explain this without causing confusion.

Also, I just wanted to thank the new subscribers for subscribing! I hope you like this and enjoy reading! I have a lot more chapters planned so please look foward to it!