Leaving You Will Never Be Easy

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

Baekhyun and I were holding hands as we were walking around the airport. I had decided to tell my parents about Baekhyun. From the moment we met to the moment he asked me to be his girlfriend.

My mother squealed and was almost jumping up and down. My mother was always supportive of everything. She was optimistic and never hid her excitement. On the other hand, my father was not thrilled. As I was explaining, I swore he was frowning deeper and deeper. I felt my heart sink lower and lower. Both of my parents had equal say in the household. No one had more "power" than the other. However, when my father believes something should go one direction, the whole family would unanimously follow his direction. My father's aura was no joke which is why I started to regret telling my parents in the first place.

My parents' attitudes towards my little situation was completely opposite of one another. My mother, standing on the left side was beaming at Baekhyun and kept mumbling about "how love has no borders" and already planning the next trip to South Korea. My father's arms were crossed and he stared at Baekhyun very sternly as I was talking. Baekhyun had his head lowered and played with his fingers. I tried to distract my dad so that he wouldn't make Baekhyun feel more uncomfortable but my father was stubborn. 

I must've gotten my stubborness from him. Thanks dad.

"And.. that's how.. we got to here. Mom, dad.. please understand" I finished

"Oh honey, I'm so happy that you finally got a boyfriend! Your father and I were quite worried actually. You're always in your room and rarely went out so we naturally grew to worry about your social life. But I was wrong! You got yourself a boyfriend in less than 2 weeks!" your mother chirped

"Dear.. we shouldn't encourage such behaviors in our daughter.." my father said to my mother

"But darling, when you and I met, we were both just as young with no idea what we were doing. What makes them so different?" my mother defended

My father cleared his throat "We met when we were young and got to know each other by seeing each other; how do you expect them to see each other?"

"Sir.. I know you have your conerns about our relationship and it is understandable but I've gotten to know Eun Mi.. quite well I must say" as he gave me a sweet smile "And I intend to get to know her even better. I don't believe that distance has anything to do with our relationship. We will be able to talk everyday and I will try my best to make sure your daughter will know that I'm here for her. I may not be there for her physically.. but I'll be there for her. I promise" he said as he put his hand over his heart.

Now, I'm not the person who enjoyed sweet talk like that but my heart turned into mush after hearing that. I had no idea that Baekhyun had started to like me so much and I was so glad that I allowed myself to like him back.

My father cleared his throat once again. I figured it was his habit whenever things got awkward to him.

"Son.. Eun Mi is my youngest daughter and she will always be my little girl. No matter how old she gets, she will always be our daughter. So if you ever hurt her.. I will make it my business.. but I trust Eun Mi. And if she says that you're a good man.. then I believe her" my father said.

I smiled and hugged him. I was grateful to have such understanding parents and I loved them for it. They were there when Baekhyun and I got together and they were there when he and I went our separate ways.

"I will do everything I can to make sure she is happy. Thank you for understanding" Baekhyun bowed

My father shook his head "Now that you two are.. dating.. you should go and talk about how you two will work things out. It will be hard but I'm sure you two can figure things out" he smiled

"We will.. thanks dad.. Thanks mom.."  I said

"Now go!" my mother pushed us away.

And that's where we were. We were walking around with our hands together. Baekhyun swung our arms lightly and I gazed at him. He looked even better than the first time I saw him. He looked more kind and even more perfect, if that was even possible. I had a good impression of him when I met him and now that I got to know him, he's even better than what I had thought. And he was mine. And I was his.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked

"Us" I answered honestly

"Well would you look at that? Kim Eun Mi is suddenly acting romantic? I didn't think you had it in you" he laughed

"And I didn't think you could be serious. What did you say to my dad again? That you'd do everything you can to make me happy?" I teased

His face grew red and he looked away "Well... I wasn't lying. I care about you and I wouldn't want to ever let you be sad because of me"

I smiled "I won't let you. Because I intend to be happy with you"

"But it will be hard. We have to be serious for a second"

I nodded. I was just too happy that we had gotten together that it slipped my mind. Although technology was certainly going to play a big role, we had to make time for one another. No matter how busy things get, we would have to make an effort. We would both have to make an effort.

"Well.. like my mom said, I have no social life so I'll be home all the time"

"We have a 16 hour time difference. When you're awake.. I'll be asleep. When I'm awake, you'd be asleep.." he said

"Baek.." I started to say

"We won't be able to see each other. It might take months or years until we get to see each other. I won't be able to take you on dates. I can't hold your hand. I can't kiss you..." 

"Baek, stop" I said. Baekhyun had started to lower his head as he kept talking. I held his head up and made him look at me.

"We both know it will be hard.. I know that and we both know that you know. But we will make this work. I promise you. Stop worrying about the future and just.. enjoy the time we have together" I gave him a small smile

He cupped my hands that were on his cheeks. He slid them off and kissed my knuckles. 

"I will always worry about the future because it'll be our future.. but you're right. We will make this work because I care about you that much"

"And I care about you too, Baek" I said

"I know.." he whispered before pulling me into a kiss.

---

"I hope you two worked things out because we're going to be leaving now" my father said as he looked at Baekhyun and I

Baekhyun and I looked at each other and smiled. 

"I'll see you soon okay?" Baekhyun joked

"Not funny" I frowned but secretly smiled. We didn't care that we wouldn't be able to see each other. It was important that we would continue to grow with each other while supporting one another. I didn't care much about not going on dates or not being able to show him off to my friends, even though a little part of me wished that I could. But the more I thought about it, Baekhyun was like my own little secret. He was like a wild card. I didn't need everyone in the world to know that we were together.. as long as we knew.

"Have a safe flight, Eun Mi.." Baekhyun muttered

I nodded "Go back to Seoul safely"

"And the next time we see each other.. you better give me my umbrella back" he chuckled

I laughed "You sure I can't keep it forever?"

"As long as we're together, you can keep the umbrella" he curled a strand of hair behind my ear. Baekhyun kissed my temple and held my hands.

"I'll miss you" he said as he sighed

"I'll miss you too but remember, we're always together in the heart" I blushed as I said those words

Baekhyun smirked "I'm happy that I'm able to bring this side of you out.. Cute Eun Mi is pretty romantic"

I lightly pushed Baekhyun away "Go away"

Baekhyun wrapped his arm around me and I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist. Tears were threatening to fall but I had to be strong.

"Your parents are staring and your sister is looking rather shocked" he whispered into my ear

"Did I miss something?!" I heard Eun Sang ask my parents. My parents chuckled.

I smiled "I'll tell her later"

"Don't forget me" Baekhyun said

"I'll never forget you" I said back.

Baekhyun and I let each other go. I took my suitcase and started to walk into the gate where non-passengers are not allowed in. I turned around one last time and smiled. Baekhyun put his arm up and waved. I waved back and I went through without looking back after that.

And I stay true to those words. I was never able to forget Baekhyun because, well, he was my first love. And you don't forget your first love so easily. Even after some years, I'm able to recall every little detail about that summer with Baekhyun. And I don't think I'd ever be able to forget him.

And even though we didn't necessarily figure out every single detail on how we would communicate, we knew that we had to try. We would learn on the way from our mistakes. We would both learn the difficulties of being in a long distance relationship. We would both learn that every moment we had together.. every moment we were able to speak to one another was a blessing. We poured our hearts into this relationship- we did everything we can to make it work. 

 

 

 

 

So how did it fall apart?

 


A/N: Honestly, this chap gives me the feels because as the writer, I know what's going to come in future chapters. This chapter kind of foreshadows the future and when the real angst-y stuff comes, moments from this story will sort of pop back up and ugh, it just kind of breaks my heart a little.

And again, thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing ^^ Please up-vote this story if you really like it! And ask away if you have any questions :)