We'll Work It Out

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

The alarm rang and my eyes flew opened. I flipped over and unlocked my phone. It was 7 AM but I didn't feel tired at all. In fact, I didn't really sleep at all. Every time I felt drowsy, the thought of leaving would make my whole body shiver and I'd be awake all over again. I sighed and looked over at Eun Sang who was snoring away. I put my face in between my hands and combed my hair with my fingers. No matter how much I could whine about leaving, it wouldn't change the fact that I would have to leave eventually. So I got up and went into the bathroom to get ready.

I came out of the bathroom all freshened up and kneeled down next to my packed suitcase. My parents had made Eun Sang and I pack up the night before so we wouldn't be scrambling arounf trying to fit everything inside last minute. I opened the suitcase up and retrieved a phone charm from one of the inside pockets of the suitcase. I smiled and took the charm out of the box and held it up in the air. The sunlight hit the charm and I thought of the one who gave it to me.

We were walking down the streeths of Seoul on one of our many "dates". Baekhyun and I had finished eating fried chicken for dinner and we decided to walk around to relieve our stuffed stomachs. Baekhyun showed me a different side of Seoul; a side where there were a lot of cute little boutiques and cafés. It was a place where couples went on their dates and it was evident that I was right. Couples were everywhere, left and right of me. They were holding hands and walking together. 

"This place is filled with couples, Baek" I said

"Huh? Yeah, this place is really popular with teenagers. There's a lot of people who come here for dates" he explained

I nodded "Why did you bring me here? Are we on a date?"

Baekhyun froze "W-What? D-Date? Uh..only if you want it to be.." he mumbled the last part. I luckily head him and laughed

"You're lucky I'm nice. Who else would agree to go on a date with you?" I stuck my tongue at him

Baekhyun gaped at me "And who would want to go on a date with such a klutz? Act more like a girl, please"

I pretended to be angry at him and stormed off. Baekhyun ran after me and caught my hand. He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry sorry. Are you angry?" he asked

I looked away and tried my best to hold in my laughter.

"Fine. You're not clumsy. In fact, you're the opposite. You don't snort and yout don't trip when you walk"

I sensed his sarcasm and bursted out laughing. I really was a klutz and even I couldn't deny it. You could give me a perfectly paved road and I would find myself tripping over it. 

"You're not funny" I said

Baekhyun stopped laughing "Take that back. You know I'm funny"

I gave him a look "I've met funnier people"

"Don't lie. I'm the funniest person you will ever meet, trust me"

"Sure, Baek. Whatever makes you sleep at night" I said before walking away. I heard Baekhyun scoffing before I cracked a smile myself.

"Charms! Charms! I have couple bracelets, necklaces and rings too! Very cheap!" a lady shouted from a distance. I walked over to check out what she was selling and I had to admit that the things she was selling were very pretty. However, I was a bit on the tom-boyish side so owning charms with diamonds on gold chains didn't seem like my type. I felt Baekhyun lean over on top of me.

"Are you two dating? You two seem like a very good couple. Come look at my accessories! They would look perfect for a couple like you two" she said as she showed me some of the bracelets and rings. 

Baekhyun held a phone charm up and smiled

"Eun Mi, doesn't this look like you?" he laughed. It was a charm of a cross-eyed bunny. I frowned. I looked down and found a phone charm that resembled him as well.

"Oppa, I found one that looks like you" I held the charm up. It was a charm of a pig. Baekhyun frowned and it was my turn to laugh

"Ahh~ You two are the hard-to-get type of couple huh? Alright, I'll offer those two for very cheap. A discount just for the two of you. Hopefully you two will stop teasing each other and show each other your true affection, okay?"

Baekhyun and I blushed. However, we liked the charms and that was how we each had one. Baekhyun had the bunny charm and I had the pig charm. 

"Now whenever you see this charm, you'll think of me" he said

"You're right.. whenever I see this pig I'll definietly think of you"

Baekhyun playfully knocked into me with his shoulder

"Listen to the ahjumma. We should stop teasing each other"

And we both bursted into a fit of laughter.

I snapped out of my flashback moment and held the charm in my hand. I attached it onto my phone and smiled at how it glistened. Although it was incredibly childish and a bit too "girly" for me, I loved it. And Baekhyun was right- whenever I look at the charm, I'd think of him.

---

Baekhyun had told me that although he wanted to say goodbye one last time, he was swarmed with customers in the bubble tea shop. I had hoped that perhaps I would go over but my parents wanted us to go to the airport as soon as possible. My heart fell but a part of me thought that it was for the best. Maybe if I leave now, it would be easier to get over him. Maybe it was for the best to not see him one last time or else I would break down crying.

You: I'm getting into the taxi now. I'll be at the airport soon. Too bad we didn't see each other one last time

Usually, Baekhyun would reply immediately but he didn't this time. He must've been really busy at work and wasn't able to check his phone. I sighed and helped my parents load the luggage onto the trunk of the taxi. I sat in the back seat with my mother and Eun Sang. My father sat in the front with the driver.

"How did you two like the trip?" my mother asked

"I loved it! Mom, the clothes here are super cute and I bought so many new things. I can't wait to wear them when we're back home" Eun Sang chirped

Our mother smiled "How about you, Eun Mi? Did you have fun?"

I nodded "Yeah, I had fun. Thanks mom. Thanks dad"

Our parents smiled "You made a new friend right? That boy we saw in the restaurant?"

Although I didn't want to keep thinking about Baekhyun, there was always a way that he would miraculously come back into my mind.

"Yeah. His name is Byun Baekhyun. I met him a few weeks ago"

"Is he the one you're always going out with? You have to be careful, Eun Mi. I know you're responsible and we gave you a lot of freedom but be careful" my father said

"I know. We just went out to eat, that's all"

"Did you two make it official yet?" Eun Sang whispered to me

I shook my head. Eun Sang scowled.

"You missed your chance. He was quite cute too" she said

I sighed and plugged my headphones into my ears and looked out the window. I didn't need to hear Eun Sang tell me about that sort of thing. I believed that if it was meant to be, it would come. And if not, then it was also fate's doing. Although I wasn't a huge believer in destiny, I was too afraid to do something about it myself so I decided to test our fate. And I was also hoping that fate was listening to my heart.

I saw the familiar streets I had walked with Baekhyun. I smiled at the thought of the memories. We had constantly bickered and teased each other while sharing moments that were hard to explain. 

Baekhyun and I always teased each other about being loud and stupid but we had moments where we would keep them close to our hearts. Moments like him giving me a cardigan when I was cold, him playing the piano and singing to me for the first time and especially the time he lent me his umbrella- the moment we met.

My eyes popped opened. The umbrella. I had mindlessly packed his umbrella deep within my clothes inside my suitcase. I felt burdened. I had taken something from him and even promised him that I would give it back to him. But a part of me was happy. I had hoped maybe the umbrella would be a real reminder that we were somehow connected. 

I checked my phone and saw that Baekhyun had messaged me

Baekhyun Oppa: Where are you?

You: I just arrived at the airport. I'll be checking in soon.

I locked my phone and got out of the car to help my parents get the luggage out of the car. My phone rung again and I checked my phone

Baekhyun Oppa: Okay

I shook my head and locked my phone again and put it in my back pocket. I wheeled my suitcase inside the airport and was greeted with a cool temperature.

"Wait here, your mom and I will get the tickets" our dad said

Eun Sang and I nodded. We took a seat near the check in and our parents went on line to get our tickets as Eun Sang and I watched over the luggage.

"I need to use the bathroom. I'll be back. You're going to be okay?" Eun Sang asked

I nodded. She got up from her seat and walked off to find a bathroom. I crossed my leg over and checked my phone again.

Baekhyun Oppa: Where are you now?

You: Waiting for my parents to get the tickets

Baekhyun had immediately replied back.

Baekhyun Oppa: Look up

My heart started to pound against my chest and I felt the pulse even through my ears. My stomach churned in an uncomfortable yet exciting way. I whipped my head up and there, standing, was no other than Baekhyun. He was still wearing his uniform for work and he was out of breath.

"Baekhyun.. what are you-" and I was cut off. Baekhyun and ran towards me and kissed me. He held my face in a delicate embrace and softly put his lips on mine. His eyes were closed and he deepened our kiss. I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

And that was how Baekhyun and I had our kiss.

After what felt like minutes, we finally let go of one each other. My arms wrapped Baekhyun's waist as Baekhyun was still holding my face.

"Eun Mi.." Baekhyun whispered. 

I lightly nodded at the call of my name. I was still on cloud nine and hadn't reached back to reality quite yet. Everything felt like a dream.

"Eun Mi.. I'm sorry if that was too sudden but I know I would regret it if I didn't do it"

I smiled "It's okay.. but.. what are you doing here? And how did you get here?"

"Chanyeol yelled at me. He told me to go chase after you. And I know I can't tell you to stay but I needed to tell you how I feel about you.. and I really like you and I want to be in a relationship with you"

I bit my lip. The moment was here. I had the same feelings and I felt like jumping up in the air but I also knew that starting a relationship with Baekhyun was going to be hard. We lived 6000 miles apart and wouldn't be able to see each other and I didn't want to lose Baekhyun. Not as a boyfriend and definitely not as a friend.

"But.. we live so far apart.." I said

"I know.. I know. And that's why I hid my feelings for you. But Eun Mi, a big part of me feels that this can work. I don't want to go on thinking it may have worked out but never knowing"

I bit my lip. Baekhyun was making it really hard to say no. And honestly, I didn't want to say no. 

"We're so young.. how will we see each other again?" I asked

"I don't know. And I'm sorry. But we'll work it out.. if you give me the chance"

His eyes were pleading and all the emotions I've felt over the last week or so had overpowered any doubt I had about the issue.

"We'll work it out" I said

And that's how I got my first boyfriend.


A/N: Hehe, finally, you two are together! Now we're kind of getting into the more.. real part of the story. I'm still working things out in my mind on which direction I want the story to go towards so please bear with me! Hopefully this story isn't so boring with all the details, but I want to make it as realistic as possible :)

And some special thank yous to certain readers! Thanks for commenting and subscribing as well!

@SooRaa: Thanks for always commenting, your comments honestly brighten my day ^_^

@Baekhyunloverforever: By the way, I love your username LOL. And you basically made my day today with your comment. Thanks for your support and I'm glad you liked the details! I was afraid that it was too boring haha.  And honestly, I'm not much of a fluff person either so when you actually see fluff, know that I cringe a little when I write it LOL.

If I didn't mention you here, PLEASE know that I truly TRULY am grateful for every single comment and every single subscriber to this story ^_^

And please check out my best friend's NEW fanfic featuring GOT7's Jackson and an OC and BTS's Taehyung!

                                                        iRAWRzX3's Just Smile