A Day With Him

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

It wasn't until sometime later that we both agreed that this was our first date. It was simple. It was romantic. We both had a lot of fun. Everything was so new to the both of us. I learned so so so many new things about Byun Baekhyun. And truth be told, I opened up to him as well. I let him in on things that even my friends back at home didn't know. You see, I say Baekhyun was my first love and all but I really believed he was some sort of superhero. He was able to break the walls I had. Yet, when things started to turn rough, I started to build them up again. 

I woke up extra early the next morning. Although we agreed to meet at 12 PM, I wanted to look good. I was shocked too. I'm not exactly a tomboy, nor was I some sort of attention seeker. I was.. to put it into simpler words, plain Jane. I didn't believe I had great looks for guys to turn their heads. I definitely didn't think I had the personality traits for boys to approach me either. 

I took a shower, washed my hair and brushed my teeth. I decided to wear a romper. It was made out of cotton but the appearance looked denim. It was a fairly light denim color because South Korea's heat was no joke. I decided to borrow my sister's sun hat which was made out of this straw-like material and her aviator sunglasses. I looked at the mirror, with the romper, hat and sunglasses and sighed. I looked like those ulzzangs you see, or admire.. or envy. Whatever tickles your fancy, I guess. 

What was Byun Baekhyun doing to me? He made a girl like me, dress like a girl like..not me. I sighed. But boys liked girls that looked cute, right? Well that's what Eun Sang had advised. I nodded and took the sunglasses off to put on some light makeup. Now, I'm no make-up guru nor was Eun Sang going to wake up before noon to help so I had to pretty much wing everything. I put on moisturizer first because, that's the first step, right? I also applied some sun screen because hello, South Korea's heat and sun was seriously, seriously no joke. I wasn't going to apply any major makeup so I skipped all the priming and blush. Natural was my way to go. I applied some eyeliner, and created a small wng at the edge of my eye. I finally finished my look by doing my eyebrows. I looked into the mirror when I was finished and blinked. I had to admit, I thought I did a pretty good job. For a girl who never really did this before, I gave myself an A+

I left the bathroom and decided to play some games on my phone before heading out. It was 11AM which meant I had an hour to kill. I got way into my game and by the time I knew it, it was 12:05PM. Amazing how lost I could get while playing. I muttered a swear word and slipped on my white vans, grabbed my bag that contained the essentials and headed out the door. 

"Crap, crap. I'm late" I muttered. I clicked the elevator button and looked up. We were on the 23rd floor. The first elevator was on the 2nd floor, going up. The second elevator was on the 30th floor going up as well. I sighed and ruffled my straightened hair. I looked at my watch and bit my lip. After what felt like years, the elevator dinged, signalling that it had arrived to my floor. I stepped inside and exhaled. Would Baekhyun think I was late because I didn't want to show up? Maybe he already left. Maybe he was late too. Whatever the case was, I hated being late. It felt so wrong. Especially being late to something I had put so much time and effort in. I ran through the lobby of the hotel, ignoring the bows and greetings from the workers. I felt bad but they wouldn't even remember.

I ran across the street, even though the stop sign was blinking with five seconds left on the clock. It would have taken me a good 20 seconds to cross it but I really didn't want Baekhyun to keep waiting. I finally crossed the street and glanced at the meeting place. My heart fluttered. There he was. Sitting on the bench in front of the shop, sipping on some drink. He had ear phones plugged in his ears. I watched as he glanced at his watch and then look back up. I smiled. He was early. Didn't that mean something?

I brushed some stray hairs out of my face and wiped any sweat that came out as I was running off of my face. I walked over to him. His eyes were glued on his phone and he hadn't noticed me standing next to him. I slightly coughed and it caught his attention. He looked up and gave a bright smile. I felt like my heart literally skipping a beat. It was super corny but his smile was seriously one of his best characteristics. It still is.

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't show or something" he said as he pulled his ear phones out of his ears, wrapping it around his music player. 

"Sorry, I got uh.. caught up with something" I lied. I was not going to tell him that I stupidly got into a game

"That's okay. You're not that late" he laughed "Should we get something to eat?"

I nodded "Yes, please"

Baekhyun brought me to a restaurant that he claimed to have the best jajangmyeon. I wasn't a big fan of it, but hey, I was famished. The korean owner sat us at a table by the window and offered us a couple special. Surprisingly, that didn't make us feel awkward at all, and we actually ended up ordering it. It was basically two orders of jajangmyeon but in one big bowl instead, for the "lovers"to share. But because Baekhyun and I were still considered "strangers" in a sense, we asked for two empty bowls.

"This place seriously is soo good" Baekhyun put his thumb up

"Yeah? Do you come here often?" I asked

"Yeah. I use to come here almost everyday after singing practices"

"You sing?"

He stopped slurping his noodles "Yeah.. is that something unmanly?"

I laughed "Why would it be? I just didn't know"

He smiled and continued to slurp his noodles "Yeah, I love to sing actually"

"You should sing to me next time then"

Baekhyun stopped slurping his noodles again "Next time?"

I almost choked on my own food "O-Oh.. I mean-"

"Yeah, sure next time" he interrupted

I blushed a little. There was going to be a next time? Did he expect us to continue being friends even after I leave? Was I prepared to have a long distance friendship?

We finished our food and Baekhyun paid. I argued that we could've split the bill but he had insisted. He believed that the man should pay but honestly, that seemed so old fashioned to me at this point. I didn't believe that the male had to pay. But hey, free food, right?

Baekhyun brought me to this area that had so much things, I couldn't even find words to explain it. It was almost everything you could think of in such a small area. I never knew such a place like this would exist. Sure, I would see pictures and occasionally see them in dramas but I thought they were in other parts of the world. There were food stands, clothes stands, music blaring from the streets, street dancing, stores that sold sneakers to clothes to food again. It was marvelous.

"Wow..." I said

Baekhyun smiled "You like it? I thought you would have preferred somewhere more quiet and cleaner but this is one of my favorite spots"

"I'm so glad you brought me here, really. I love it"

Baekhyun brought me to this store that sold sneakers. Apparently he had a friend that worked there. 

"This is my friend, Kim Jongin but we call him Kai" Baekhyun introduced to me

"Hello, my name is Kim Eun Mi" I greeted

Jongin laughed "How did you two meet?"

We both turned to each other and stifiled a laughter. It was such a silly way.

"Ahh~ An inside joke, I see" Jongin joked

"Well, I just wanted to show Eun Mi the snapbacks here" Baekhyun said

"Yeah, sure" Jongin said

Baekhyun led me to where the hats were. He picked one up and put it on.

"How does it look?" he made a funny face

I laughed "Looks.. too good for you"

He frowned. He took off my sun hat and put on a snapback on my head. I glanced at him

"That one looks good on you" he said

I blushed a little "Really?"

"Yeah, you look like a boy" he laughed. I frowned and took it off. I snatched my sun hat back and placed it on my head

Baekhyun didn't stop laughing, however. Jongin shook his head "Don't worry about him. He always jokes around but he ends up being the only one laughing.. at his own joke"

I smiled "Thanks"

"Now shoo, Baekhyun, customers are coming in"

"We're customers too" he huffed

"Yeah, well I don't want you distracting me"

Baekhyun crossed his arm "Fine"

Jongin gave me a smile "Glad to meet you. Hope you have fun today"

I nodded "It was nice to meet you too"

Baekhyun brought me to other stores and I remember laughing. He put on these goofy harry potter glasses and even danced a little in the store. Some girls looked over and even giggled towards us. He was embarrassing but I didn't care. Everything felt so nice and right. I didn't want the day to end.

Unfortunately everyday has to come to an end, but then a new day starts.

It started to get dark so brought me back to the hotel

"Thanks for spending the day with me. My wish was granted" he smiled

"It was nice. I liked it" I admitted

There was a short silence before he spoke again

"Well, you should go back inside" he said

I nodded. I felt a little sick in my stomach. I didn't want him to go. I liked today so much. Too much for it to end. But I didn't have the guts to stop him from leaving. I sighed andd turned to head inside the lobby. I didn't even get to say goodbye

"Oh, you forgot the umbrella, by the way"

I turned around to see Baekhyun standing a few feet away from me, smiling like a doofus.

I blinked. Oh crap, I forgot it again.

"I guess I'll see you again right?" he asked

We both stared at each other until I decided that I wanted to be a little selfish and to just enjoy his company, again. 

"Yeah"

If you guys are wondering, I did eventually give back his umbrella. But it's funny how things worked out because I actually didn't give back his umbrella anytime soon. I gave it back to him months after our first meeting but between those months, so many things had happened. So many memories. Both good memories and painful memories. But it really all started with that umbrella. That umbrella and Byun Baekhyun.