His Wish and Eun Sang's Advice

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

I guess you can say our interesting relationship developed rather quickly. I didn’t think I had it in me. You know, to start such a fast paced friendship. I was usually that awkward quiet girl back home who wouldn’t start conversations, let alone hang out with a stranger by myself. But you know what, Baekhyun didn’t feel like a stranger. He was my first true friend. My first true love. And for that, he will always have a special place in my heart.

 

“Fine. What’s your wish?”

Baekhyun grinned “Let’s do this again”

I rolled my eyes “Do what again? Another wish? Sorry, you only get one”

Baekhyun laughed “No, I meant this. Our.. little..meeting”

I blushed slightly “Um..”

It was quiet for a minute or so. I mean how could I respond to that? Yes? No? Oh gosh, my heart wanted to say yes so so so badly but you know, what if this actually turns into something. Do I really want to be committed in something so foreign? No.

“I’m not sure..” I finally managed to say

Baekhyun bit his lip “But it’s my wish”

I blinked. Oh crap, he must think that I seriously thought about it and I completely forgot that this was based off of a wish. Crap crap crap.

“Y-Yeah! That’s what I meant. Sorry, I guess my korean isn’t as perfect as you thought, huh?” I stuttered

Baekhyun laughed “Yeah, well I’ll walk you back now. It’s getting a bit late. And you should rest up so we can have more fun tomorrow”

“Tomorrow?”

“Yeah, unless you’re busy”

“No, I’m free”

He gave me a gentle smile “Perfect”

We began to walk back to my hotel. It was quiet. Well to me it was. I wasn’t so sure if Baekhyun was talking nor did I hear anything around us. You see those moments in dramas: where the girl is just walking aimlessly thinking about things. Well that was me. Just.. less aimlessly. I knew where I was going.

“Well we’re here” he finally spoke. It snapped me back to reality

“Yeah..” I muttered

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”

I nodded. “When..”

“Oh right. Meet me in front of the bubble tea shop where I work at 12 PM tomorrow”

I nodded again “Okay, I’ll see you then”

“And don’t forget my umbrella!” he laughed

I gave him a soft chuckle “Yeah, I won’t forget”

 

---

 

I went up to my hotel room and fell onto of my bed. My sister was in the shower and probably didn’t hear me come in the room. I closed my eyes and seriously evaluated the events. First, I meet Baekhyun in this drama-like scenario and we coincidentally meet again. We go on this.. unofficial “date” and well, that’s where I’m stumped. What do I feel? Well, honestly? I feel excited. Even though it has been about 7 minutes since I have last seen Baekhyun, my heart still feels high and my whole body just feels so alive. Yet, I was scared. Why was I scared? There’s no ounce of fear when I’m with Baekhyun. You can say it was like my heart was already creating this barrier.. this shield around it to prevent me to completely shut down if I were to be broken. I shook my head. There was nothing to worry about. This was clearly a friendship and there’s no law against making friends. Even though I had to eventually leave in about 2 weeks. But Baekhyun knew. So i was set. This was clearly a friendship. We would lose in touch after I get back. And that’s okay. This was a vacation and I’m suppose to enjoy myself. There were to be no strings attached. But boy, was I in for a ride.

“Hey, when did you get back?” my sister broke me from my trance

“I uh, just got back”

She nodded “What’d you do today?”

I hesitated. Should I ask Eun Sang for boy advice?

“I got bubble tea..”

“The whole day?” she raised one eyebrow

I shook my head “I hung out”

“With?”

I sighed “Why’re you so nosy?”

“I’m your older sister. It’s my right”

I scoffed “Yeah right”

“Come on, we barely talk. Treat this like those sister bonding crap you see in the movies”

Wow, leave it to my sister to settle the mood.

I hesitated “Can I trust you?”

She nodded vigorously.

“Well.. the day you ditched me at the mall.. it started raining and this guy randomly appeared out of no where and gave me his umbrella”

Eun Sang laughed. I glared at her “You’re so lying. Come on, be serious!”

I sighed and massaged my temples. I knew I shouldn’t have started this.

“I am being serious”

“That’s so..fake. I mean, what are we in? A korean drama?”

“Hey, that’s what I thought but you know what? It happened”

Eun Sang and I looked deeply into each other’s eyes. It was this little thing we did. If one of us broke eye contact, it would mean that person was lying. I wouldn’t falter. It happened. This lasted for about 5 minutes.

Eun Sang finally broke the eye contact “Wow, I can’t believe my little sister was in a korean drama”

I rolled my eyes “I’m not”

“Okay, okay. That was like a billion years ago. So what did you do today?”

“Well, like I said. I went to get bubble tea and guess who works at the shop?”

Eun Sang hesitated. I thought she would be smarter than this.

“Oh my gosh, youre kidding. This is totally fate!”

“Stop it. It’s not. Well, he got off work and.. we hung out”

“What?! Where?!”

“We just walked around. No big deal”

“No big deal?! My little sister went on a date and I was stuck in a mall shopping all day! You totally stole my dream”

I gave her a hard stare “Cut it out. I need help”

“I see where you need help, my less experienced little sister”

Yeah, my sister bugs the crap out of me.

“Your feelings are all over the place. You don’t know where things are headed right?”

 

Eun Sang was annoying but boy did she hit the head of the nail..

 

“Let me tell you something. And I’m saying this from the bottom of my heart. I’m proud of you for meeting new people. But honestly, we aren’t staying here forever. Whatever you start, whatever it is, it has to be dealt with. Either you block any of those feelings you may have for this guy and make sure it’s perfectly stable or you take your feelings and start something”

I groaned “I know. I just don’t know what I’m feeling”

“Did you already start, you know, falling for him?”

I hesitated “Not really.. I guess I just really enjoy his company. Even though we literally hung out once. It felt nice”

“Well, then I guess you should let this be a friendship relationship. Honestly, it is easier. We’re going back home soon and if you do start something with this guy, it’ll take a lot of work and effort. And are you even ready for that?”

“No, I guess not”

“What I think what you feel is simple. You’ve always felt pretty alone and especially on this trip. You meet this guy and you hit it off with him. But your feelings are mixed up and you assume you like this boy but in reality, you’re just looking for a friend to lean on”

I nodded “Yeah.. Yeah, I think you’re right. Thanks”

Eun Sang smiled “That’s what big sisters are for right?”

I nodded “Yeah, I appreciated that”

She gave me a light squeeze on the shoulder. It was quiet for a few minutes.

“So.. was he cute?”

 

Way to ruin the mood, sis.


Eun Sang and I didn’t have a perfect sister relationship. She was 4 years older than me. She had lots of experience in the dating world. Me, I was inexperienced. I never really dated before and never really fell in love with anyone. Sure, I had crushes from school but nothing ever happened and I eventually grew out of those feelings. But what Eun Sang told me that night made perfect sense. Whatever my relationship with Baekhyun was needed to stay leveled. It was strictly a basic friendly friendship. Yet, it turned out to be something completely different.


Thank you all for subscribing and commenting! I appreciate each and every one of you guys, really.

Just wanted to clear things up a bit. I know things are moving pretty fast and I guess it's in my nature to rush things but I'm trying to slow things down. I'm trying to really really develop the characters so please bear with me.

So thanks again for subscribing & commenting! *smooches for everyone*