Home Is Wherever You Are

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

The taxi rolled up to our 2 story house that looked exactly the way it was before our trip. I got out of the car first and helped my parents take the suitcases out of the trunk. We paid the cab driver and went inside. Everything was just the way it was.

We were all so exhausted from the 13 hour plane ride. 

My parents went upstairs to their room. Eun Sang yawned and went into her room, leaving her suitcase in the living room and I was left in the living room, alone.

I looked around my home and although everything was the same- nothing new- I felt so foreign. Like I didn't belong.

It may have been because I was in a hotel for 2 months but I knew that wasn't it.

I tried to lift my suitcase upstairs to my room as well, to start unpacking, but struggled.

"Mom! Dad! Can you help me?" I called out. My dad came out of his room and helped me bring my luggage up.

"Thanks dad" I said as I sat on the floor, ping my suitcase.

"You should give Baekhyun a call. He's probably worried" my dad said

I looked up at my dad. It was rather strange for him to tell me to make the first move because well- I thought he was still iffy about the whole situation. 

I smiled "I'll tell him after I unpack"

My father nodded "I'm still not.. 100% on board with this.. but.. I want you to be happy so.."

"I know, dad.. Thanks. It really means a lot to me"

My father gave me a smile "Well, unpack and rest"

"I will" 

I opened my suitcase and took all of my clothes out first. I put them in my laundry basket and wrote a mental note to myself to wash them tomorrow. I took out the items that Eun Sang stuffed into my suitcase because she couldn't fit them into her own and put them in a separate pile. I wasn't a person to shop for souvenirs so there wasn't much left in the suitcase except some miscellaneous items. Underneath everything were 2 video games I had purchased in South Korea, on the same day I met Baekhyun. I took them out of the suitcase and placed them neatly on top of the stack of my other games. And finally, I spotted the item I half dreaded to find: Baekhyun's umbrella.

I knew by seeing it again, it would stir mixed-emotions. On one hand, I was happy. The umbrella was like a symbol to us. Without it, Baekhyun might've never approached me that day and we would've never met. It symbolized the start of our relationship. But on the other hand, I was also heartbroken. I had the umbrella but I didn't have Baekhyun with me. And it saddened me. I knew that he wasn't going to be physically with me and we wouldn't be a "normal " couple but a part of me thought I could handle it. I mean, in movies, they make it look pretty easy. 

But it was harder than I thought, It hadn't been 24 hours yet and I already felt so alone and wanted to run to him. But I knew I couldn't.

I hugged my knees and put my head down. I missed him so much it started to hurt. 

It scared me how much I depended on Baekhyun. I always saw myself as an independent person- someone who didn't constantly need to be with others. Heck, I loved being alone!

And I thought that I'd be fine without him because I lived my whole life being fine but after knowing him, after meeting him, I felt like Baekhyun was so much more than just a friend.. so much more than just a boyfriend. I felt as if a part of me stayed in South Korea.. a part of me stayed with him.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and turned it on. A few notifications from my friends and a couple of messages from Baekhyun. I cracked a small smile and opened the messages from Baekhyun

Baekhyun Oppa: Eun Mi ahhh~ I miss you already..

Baekhyun Oppa: Are you sleeping well on the plane? 

Baekhyun Oppa: Call me as soon as you land!

Baekhyun Oppa: I'm getting sleepy..

Baekhyun Oppa: Eun Mi ahhh, this is so difficult. I'm going to take a short nap but make sure you call me as soon as you land!

I smiled. Baekhyun's simple messages has always had some effect on me. No matter how bad I felt, he could say something completely irrelevant and it would still make me smile. His words were my antidote. And I never felt this way towards a person before. I never depended on others so much in my life before. 

I bit my lower lip and typed out a short message

You: I'm home. I'll talk to you when you're awake. 

I got up on my bed and placed my phone next to my pillow. I was completely jet lagged and didn’t feel tired at all. Even though I hardly slept on the plane, I didn’t feel tired. I just felt..alone. I missed Baekhyun.. more than I’d like to admit and I was feeling very sorry for myself. I never thought that I would succumb to such feelings about someone but I did. I didn’t think I was capable of caring about someone so much but when you start.. it’s hard to stop.

I pulled my phone over my head and quickly sent him a message

You: I miss you.

 

 

More than you’ll ever know

---

I woke up with the sun directly on my face. I squinted and let out a groan. I slowly got out of bed and closed the blinds and laid in my warm bed again. I flipped over to my side and breathed out. Just as I was about to drift into sleep again, my phone gave an all too familiar ring. My eyes shot opened and I grabbed my phone that was tucked under my pillow.

 

Baekhyun Oppa is calling…

 

My heart started pounding. I quickly combed my hair with my fingers and lightly slapped my face to wake myself up. I nervously accepted the call and waited.

On the other line, there was some rustling and I saw the top of someone’s head. I assumed it was Baekhyun’s

“Yah” I said

Almost instantly, Baekhyun put his eye dangerously close to the front camera, so that all I saw was his eye.

“I can see you clearly now” he joked

I snorted. It was an incredibly stupid joke.. if it was even considered one.

“You can see me but I can’t see you” I said

Baekhyun extended his arm so that you could see his full face. I bit my bottom lip. Even thought it’s been a day since I’ve last seen him, it felt like weeks. 

“Did I wake you up?” he asked

I shook my head “I’ve been up” I lied

“Well.. then you should wipe the drool off of your chin. How can my girlfriend be so un-lady like?” he asked

My face turned red and I quickly dropped my phone on my bed and wiped my chin, only to feel nothing

I picked the phone back up and gave him a small glare

“Haha! I fooled you!” he laughed

“Well sorry for being so un-lady like. If you wanted a girly girlfriend, you should’ve known better than to date me” I grumbled

“Hey~ I was joking. You know I’d choose you over any girl” he winked

I blushed and looked away. Baekhyun always said something incredibly cheesy yet heartwarming after insulting me. 

“Give me a tour of your room” he said

“No”

“Why not?” he whined

“It’s..messy” I admitted

Before leaving for South Korea, I didn’t bother cleaning up so I had my books and papers strewn over my table. My whole floor was littered with clothes and luggages. And let’s not mention my bed. 

“I won’t judge” he said

“Yeah.. well.. maybe next time”

He pouted “I’m about to go to sleep”

I nodded. We stayed quiet. It wasn’t anything awkward, at least on my part. I didn’t think there was anything to say.

“By the way.. I miss you too”

I blushed and my lips. Baekhyun laughed.

"Are you embarrassed? Could my girlfriend, Kim Eun Mi be embarrassed over her own actions?"

I scowled "Nevermind. I don't miss you"

He laughed. I took this time to take in his facial features. I took in how his lips curled up when he smiled but when he broke into a fit of laugher, his teeth showed. His eyes lit up and turned into crescents. He would throw his head back a little when he laughed and when he did so, his jawline was visible. He had a very sharp and defined. His nostrils would flare up and down and he breathed in and out. I almost reached out to touch his face but I remembered that we were talking through a video call.

I gulped. What had Baekhyun done to me?

“I’m glad you’re home” he said as he stopped laughing

I let out a shaky breath. Home.

“I still have a lot of things to unpack” I said

Baekhyun smiled “Well have fun unpacking. I’ll talk to you in the morning.. so for you, it’s at night”

I nodded. I didn’t want to hang up but I had checked the time in South Korea and it was nearing 3 AM. I didn’t want to keep him up.

“Bye Eun Mi” he waved

“Bye Baek” I waved back. Neither of us ended the call so we ended up laughing after 30 seconds of endless waving. Eventually, I had to hang up because he was too stubborn to do it first. I noticed tears forming in the corners of his eyes due to his yawns that he hid from the camera. After we ended the call, I tried to go to sleep again. Part of me wanted to be in sync with Baekhyun. When he went to sleep, I wanted to be asleep. When he was awake, I wanted to be awake. 

But I was officially awake and decided to start my day. I flipped over my blankets and grabbed my phone as I got up from bed. I quickly sent a message to Baekhyun before going into the bathroom to wash up.

 

You: Don’t force yourself to stay awake even when your body is completely exhausted. Just know that when you’re asleep and I’m awake, I’ll be missing you just as much as you’re missing me.

Have a good night, Baek oppa


(A/N): Woohoo! We're in 2016! I hope you guys had a good holiday :) I hope none of you guys got too confused about what happened with the last chapter but if you did, feel free to comment below and I'll reply back to you! 

Thanks for reading, commenting amd subscribing!