His return

Our Summer Love Story [Please Read Last Chapter]

It was scary. I never liked anyone before. Sure, there were a few boys in high school who sparked my interest but it was only temporary. It was never deep. But what I felt at that moment, the feeling I felt towards Baekhyun was different. Something I've never felt before. And even though I have never felt something so raw and powerful before, I just knew what it was. 

I knew I wasn't in love with him. Not yet anyways. It wasn't to that extreme. I had constantly thought about him. Even when he was around me. I missed him even when he was next to me and I missed him even more when he wasn't. When he had just left, I felt incomplete, almost . I was alone. All alone.

It was funny yet absurd to even feel this way. I was the type of girl who loved to be alone. I'd rather stay home and play games or watch movies than go out and socialize. I could stay home for weeks on end without getting bored. Yet after meeting Baekhyun, I found mysef making an effort to actualy go out. To explore. To actually live life.

I knew what Baekhyun had started to stir in me. He actually made me become a better person. Even though I had met him two weeks ago, he had changed me. I started to see the wonderful things in life. I started to see the tall buildings and the skyline at night. I appreciated the food I was able to eat everyday. I felt grateful for being able to be on a trip and most of all, I was thankful for meeting Baekhyun. 

After all of this, who wouldn't feel the same? I made myself believe that what I was feeling was normal. That it was normal to like someone who did all of this even if that person did it unintentionally. I think back and I thank Baekhyun for doing all of that. I thank him for all of the good things that he had done. All the changes I have made. I thank him for all the memories we made together. I thank him for all of it.

But when we couldn't make time for one another and our memories started to turn hazy and our journey turned dark, what did we remember each other by?

---

I officaly had five days left. My parents had already started packing their suitcases. They brought many souvenirs for our aunts and uncles, our neighbors and friends back home. I had started to go through some "Baekhyun-therapy". I restrained myself from thinking about him and avoided going to the places he had brought me to in case I would bump into him. I didn't want to deal with him. I wanted to just go home and forget all about him. But deep down in my heart, I knew it was a lie. It killed me that I wasn't able to talk to him. That I didn't actually have the courage to message him again. That I didn't have the courage to go to the places where I might bump into him and ask him what had happened. I had too much pride and sometimes, I hated that. 

I wanted to find Baekhyun. I wanted to know how he was doing and why he hadn't contacted me. I wanted him to take me to all the fun places again. I wanted him to make me laugh and make me feel as if life was perfect. I wanted him to be here. With me.

I glanced at my phone and sighed. There was still no message from him. Did he know that I was leaving in five days? Had he planned anything special before I would leave? Would I see him before I go?

I was afraid. More afraid than the time I was lost in the mall and I couldn't find my mom and sister. More afraid than the time I rode on the tallest rollar coaster. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see Baekhyun one last time.

And almost like the angels in heaven were listening, my phone had rung an almost too familiar tune. It was from the KaKao app. Baekhyun had messaged me. In almost lightening speed, I had unlocked my phone and scrolled my notification bar down.

Baekhyun Oppa: Sorry I haven't been talking to you lately! I hope you ddidn't miss me too much? Hehehe! ^_^~

I blinked. And the next thing I knew, I was covering my mouth and a sob came out. My sister rushed out of the bathroom

"Hey, are you okay?!" she cried out

I nodded. I was fine. I was more than fine. I was finally okay.

Baekhyun's simple short message had actually brought me to tears. This was his effect. Either I was seriously losing my mind and going crazy or I had actually missed him that much, I didn't know And quite frankly, I didn't care. Baekhyun had returned.

I quickly messaged back

You: Where have you been?

Baekhyun Oppa: I had to help my parents with something so I had to return to my hometown. My phone ran out of batteries and I wasn't able to charge it until now. Don't be mad at me please!

I was finally able to breathe. It had become clear. His sudden disappearance wasn't because he was mad nor had I ruined everything, it was because he also had a life. 

You: I didn't even notice you were gone.

Baekhyun Oppa: [GASP] You better be joking! I'm still mad at you from that time I saw you and your family at the restaurant.

I froze. He remembered.

You: I'm sorry! It's because my parents know that I dont socialize with people so if they know I met someone in a foreign land, they'll proably question you and embarrass me. It was nothing personal, I swear!

Baekhyun Oppa: Ahh~ It was like that? I thought you were embarrassed of me!

You: I would never be embarrassed of you. If anything, it should be the other way around

Baekhyun Oppa: Hehehe. I can never be embarrassed of you either. You're too adorable.

I blushed. My heart started to pound faster. I was at a loss of words. How could I respond to something like that?

Baekhyun Oppa: Let's meet up soon. You have to leave soon right?

You: In five days.

Baekhyun Oppa: Wow! So soon?!

You: Yeah, so you have to show me all the places you promised to take me to very soon

Baekhyun Oppa: Of course! Meet me tomorrow at 6 PM at our usual spot. I can't wait!

You: I'll see you then!

Baekhyun Oppa: Have a good night, Eun Mi.

You: Good night oppa.

And it was indeed a good night.


A/N: Baekhyun has returned! I initially wanted a more dramatic event but I decided not to (sorry for those who anticipated!) But there will be future heartbreaking scenes so please bear with me!

Thanks for subscribing and commenting! :) Love you all! *smooches*