009

Taking Chances

 

“Good night.” Sehun said flatly before Ryeowon closed the door behind her.

She took off her heels and looked around.

“Oppa?” She called out as she walked to his room, she blinked as she found it empty. Then she noticed the note he left on the coffee table.

Wonnie, I was called home. See you tomorrow.

She shook her head in annoyance before heading to her room to shower.

 

Kyungsoo grabbed his cellphone.

“Won?”

“Kyungsoo…it looks like its about to rain.” She said.

“It’s two a.m. , how are you still up?” He asked as he leaned away from the book he was reviewing.

“We went home a little late, and oppa’s not home too.” She grumbled.

“I can’t come over. Kai just left thirty minutes ago, I have some reading to do.”

“Okay, good night to me then.” She said, Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Don’t forget to lock the door.”

“Right.” She said before ending the call.

 

 

Kyungsoo was woken up by the sound of thunder, he winced as he tried to sit up, he was still sitting on his study desk when he fell asleep. He closed the textbook he was reading and went to shut the curtains, then his eyes widened as he realized what was happening outside.

He grabbed his phone and keys before heading out of his apartment, seconds later he arrived in front of Chanyeol’s apartment, he typed in the code quickly and rushed in. The apartment was dark and quiet, despite the storm outside. He padded towards Ryeowon’s room, as soon as he opened the door he could hear her sobs. Kyungsoo frowned and sat beside her on the bed.

“Won?” He said soothingly, she had her eyes closed but tears streaked her face.

“Wonnie, it’s okay. I’m here.” He said while trying to brush her tears away, he bit his lip in worry.

“Ryeowon.” He stated, but she just shook her head without opening her eyes, Kyungsoo just took her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“I’m sorry, Wonnie. I should have come down when you called. I’m sorry.” He murmured before kissing the back of her hand and leaning against the headboard and waited for the storm to die down.

 

 

“You look horrible.” Sehun said as he walked beside his friend.

“I couldn’t sleep well.” Ryeowon murmured, they were on their way to the sports hall for practice.

“Maybe it’s better if you sit this routine~”

“No, I’m fine.” She waved him off, Sehun made a face, then Kai came running towards them, he chuckled before placing his arm around Ryeowon as they walked.

“Guess what?” He boomed, the two winced.

“I just stepped out of the elevator when I saw Kyungsoo and Shinah making their way out of our building.” He nodded.

“Since when did Kyungsoo hyung go out during Sundays.” Sehun mused, Ryeowon smiled.

“No, since when did our favorite med nerd go out on dates. Kudos to my sweet cheks here for introducing them.” Kai chuckled as they walked, Ryeowon nodded.

“Why is she not hyper and chatty?” Kai frowned.

“Sweet cheeks doesn’t feel too well today.” Sehun nodded.

 

 

“Sunbae,”

Ryeowon looked up as Shinah joined her on the table, she was at one of study kiosks trying to catch up with some reading before class.

“Hi, how are you?” Ryeowon smiled as Shinah sat down across her.

“Kyungsoo oppa mentioned you weren’t feeling well today, are you okay?” She asked while putting her bag on the table.

“I’m fine, I just lack sleep. Did you grab breakfast together?” She asked, Shinah smiled and blushed.

“Sunbae, I think…I’m in trouble.”

Ryeowon paused and looked up.

“Trouble? Why? Did something happen?”

“Ani, I think..I like him..I like him too much, it scares me.”

Ryeowon blinked, not knowing what to reply.

“A—Ah, well~” She winced as a soccer ball hit the back of her head, she glanced back, furious that someone was playing at the study area.

Then she paused, a baby faced male came running towards them.

“Are you okay…” The male looked at her get up, she was wearing her uniform.

 

“…miss cheerleader?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++