003

Taking Chances

The match between Seoul National University and Yonsei University started, Ryeowon grew tensed as her eyes went to Sehun and Kai.

“You’re so lucky!” One of her co-cheerleaders said as she sat down beside her, she put down her pompoms and crossed her legs.

“What?” Ryeowon asked.

“I mean, you’re close with them, Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol oppa.” Haeyoung said as she looked at Sehun dreamily.

“So, who do you like best? You can’t have three…right?” Ryeowon tilted her head, Kai found her looking at him, he winked at her, she shuddered.

“Hmmm,” Haeyoung nodded as she looked at the boys who were playing.

“Oh Sehun. He’s got this ice prince vibe, you know. I think it makes you want him more.”

Ryeowon’s brows rose, she looked at Haeyoung.

“Sehunnie? I don’t think so.” Ryeowon said.

“You don’t think what? That he’ll say yes if I ask him out?” Haeyoung asked, Ryeowon nodded slowly while pursing her lips.

“I mean, I don’t know but..he’s very..picky.”

“You don’t think I’d pass?” Haeyoung chuckled without humor, before Ryeowon could reply the whistle blew and it was time for them to cheer.

 

“Hi, sweetums.” Kai greeted as he and Sehun walked back to the bench, they were having a time out, he brushed his hair out of his face as one of the cheerleaders handed him a towel.

“Good game, we’re…leading, right? Aren’t we?” Ryeowon blinked at them with her usual bright smile, Sehun just smirked at her and sat down.

“Sehun oppa,”

Sehun halted, Kai looked at Haeyoung who was carefully patting Sehun’s sweat from his arm. Ryeowon’s lips pursed in annoyance.

“Haeyoung, the…routine looked perfect.”

“Thank you, Sehun, I made that, you know me, co-captain.” Ryeowon intervened.

“Well, you see oppa, I was wondering if you would go out with me? Like, lunch?” Haeyoung asked, Kai whistled before drinking his water.

Sehun paused, but he nodded.

“Sure, tomorrow?”

“That’s great.” Haeyoung smiled widely.

“Then I’ll come pick you up.” Sehun nodded, Haeyoung nodded before running off to tell the other girls.

“Oh Sehun, how dare you?” Ryeowon plopped down beside him, Sehun winced and leaned forward to press her knees together.

“Please, sit like a lady. Now tell me how dare I what?”

“Going out with her, really, that hurt.”

“She just wanted to grab lunch~”

“That’s not what she meant!” Ryeowon said defiantly before walking away from them.

“I don’t get her.” Kai shook his head as he sat down.

“Don’t we all?”

 

 

Ryeowon was wearing just an oversize grey shirt as she sat on the couch, watching television. She heard the door open and her older cousin entered still clad in his jersey, he dropped his bag on the floor.

“Hi, oppa!” She glanced at him, Chanyeol smiled and kissed the crown of her head before grabbing something to eat.

“So, you did well today, but I heard Haeyoung and the other girls talking at the victory party.”

Ryeowon rolled her eyes.

Chanyeol smiled as he plopped on living room floor, everyone knew his cousin, she was popular and well liked, well she too well liked by the male students for his taste, that part he didn’t like, but what everyone didn’t know was that Ryeowon didn’t really enjoy parties and she would do anything just to get out of it.

“She and Sehun don’t match. She’s too….papery.”

“..What?” Chanyeol looked up from his sandwich, Ryeowon leaned back against the couch.

“She’s too….you know, well, she’s too…she’s not right for Hunnie.”

“Wow, that totally makes sense.”

“Of course.” Ryeowon nodded, Chanyeol just shook his head at her.

“And you think like this because?”

“Because if she didn’t ask Sehun out I would have someone to drive me to Cheonggyecheon tomorrow.”

“Won, you have your own car, you can drive.”

“I don’t like driving.”

“Kai can~”

“Kai has a date, Kyungsoo has this specimen thing tomorrow, and of course oppa, you have class.”

Chanyeol blinked.

“Won, Sehun has to meet people too, if he hangs out with you and Kai too much, he might go crazy.”

“As if Haeyoung isn’t crazy too? She collects those water bottles you guys use up during games and keeps them in her locker.”

“And you mention this now?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Well, I didn’t think that this would matter more than her being papery and annoying.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++