015

Taking Chances

 

 

 

 

Ryeowon let her feet dangle from the bleachers, the stadium was empty except for her and Luhan.

“How are you not nervous? It’s the game of the season.” She said.

“The game that decided whether we become champion or not?” Luhan grinned, she nodded and made a face.

“I trust my teammates.” He offered casually.

“So much confidence, I don’t think we need to cheer for you guys tomorrow.” She mused, Luhan smiled.

“So is this the time when you’re going to tell me why you’ve been avoiding your friends?”

She paused and looked at him.

“Well, Sehun spoke to me at practice earlier, he asked if you had any plans to join them for lunch…ever.”

“About that, I…” She paused, her phone pinged.

Ramen, later? –Kyungsoo

She sent a reply before facing Luhan again.

“Are you using me as an alibi?” He asked in a light tone, Ryeowon shook her head.

“No, no. I didn’t that it would bother him. Hanging out with you is fun.”

Luhan couldn’t help but smile, then he slowly leaned forward and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind.”

 

“Somebody get rid of her.” Kai commented as chewed on his sandwich, they were at Chanyeol’s place.

“Ya, don’t speak like that.” Chanyeol winced.

“We hate her, plain and simple.” Sehun nodded. The elder male could only wince again.

“I mean, she’s separating Wonnie from us, and it’s always been Kyungsoo and Ryeowon, Ryeowon and Kyungsoo.” Kai pointed out, Chanyeol blinked.

“I mean, who would remind Kyungsoo hyung to socialize and not just study? Who would remind Wonnie to eat her breakfast before leaving for class?” He continued.

“Shinah is Kyungsoo’s~”

“We don’t care. We only have one girl in our circle, we would like it to remain that way.” Sehun stated before going to the living room, Chanyeol sighed.

 

 

Kyungsoo was in the laboratory, waiting for their professor to arrive, he was listlessly browsing through his book when heard footsteps, running.

“Ryeowon.” He murmured without looking up, then the doors finally opened, he looked up and paused.

“Oppa,” Shinah jogged to him.

“Oh.” Kyungsoo blinked as she sat beside him.

“I sent you a message, so can you come or not?” She asked, Kyungsoo’s thoughts went back to the message Shinah sent.

His brows furrowed.

“I want to introduce you to my friends.” Shinah beamed at him, he bit his lip.

“Okay, sure. I’ll see you after class.”

Shinah kissed his cheek before leaving the room.

 

 

“Why do I always forget these things?” Ryeowon muttered as she walked towards the School of Medicine’s building, she was still clad in her cheerleader uniform and white sneakers. She saw Kyungsoo going down the steps, she smiled.

“Do Kyungsoo!” She called, Kyungsoo looked up and walked to her.

“I hope you brought your car, my legs hurt.” She winced, he rolled his eyes before taking her backpack from her.

“But instead of ramen~”

“Oppa,” Shinah walked to them, Kyungsoo paused. Ryeowon looked at her and turned to her friend.

“I was about to tell you~”

“We have an appointment this afternoon, sunbae.” Shinah said, Ryeowon paused, she was about to take her bag from Kyungsoo but he shook his head.

“Since your legs hurt, we’ll drop you off then we can get~”

“No, it’s fine. Just go.” Ryeowon intervened, Shinah nodded at Kyungsoo.

“Oppa, she said it’s~”

Kyungsoo studied his friend’s face.

“You know what? Take it. I’ll drop by your place later.” Ryeowon let go of her bag, then she turned away from them. She closed her eyes briefly to stop her tears from falling.

“No, I’m sorry, you can’t cancel on ramen afternoons.” Kyungsoo jogged up to her, she halted and turned behind her, Shinah was nowhere to be seen.

“Ya, what if she gets mad at you?”

“It’s actually worse if you get mad at me, come on.” Kyungsoo gave her a slight push, her brows rose.

 

“Med nerd, so sweet.” She mused before walking beside him, Kyungsoo just shook his head.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++