023

Taking Chances

 

 

 

Ryeowon looked at her father, when she was younger, she was always in his office and yet today everything about the place was strange to her.

She exhaled.

“Abeoji, must I….really marry Luhan?” She asked, her father looked up from his computer.

“Won, when we asked you at that dinner, you said it was okay with you.”

“I know, I did but…it seems..wrong, appa.”

“Political marriages are a littl~”

“No, I mean you marrying off for business, I know why you want me to marry him. They own one of the biggest hotel chains in Japan and China. A connection with them…would do our company well.” She finished, her brows furrowing.

“I know you feel wronged, but I only agreed to this because Luhan told me that you two were already together.”

“Together?” She asked.

“Before that dinner appointment, he told me that he likes you and you two were actually couple. So I figured~”

“Wait, you knew about this? You knew the whole time that he was in my school and purposely befriended me…and…this?” She spat, her anger rising.

“Well, we had to know if you two got along. Now seeing that you two are~”

Ryeowon walked out of the room.

 

 

“Won never ditched class.” Kai sighed as he joined Chanyeol and Sehun at their table, the three were at a pizza joint outside the university.

“She didn’t come to class today?” Chanyeol frowned.

“Before I left the apartment, she was home, hyung.” Sehun spoke while toying with his car key.

“Did she talk to you?” Chanyeol asked eagerly, last night Ryeowon had arrived looking angry and disturbed but she refused to tell him why. And earlier he just heard that Ryeowon had a fight with his uncle.

“Ani, her door’s locked.” Sehun frowned.

“This is worrying me, she’s been gone to us for two days. Even the squad is looking for her.” Kai puffed, then his phone suddenly rang.

Chanyeol watched as the younger male picked it up.

“Yes, it’s Kai…Oh, hi uncle!...I…What?!” He almost dropped his phone, Sehun blinked at him.

“Kyungsoo hyung…” He stuttered.

 

 

Ryeowon stepped out of the shower; she was dressed in a striped sweater and a pair of jogger pants. She plopped back right on her bed, before she could even pick up her phone it had begun ringing.

She hesitated as she read the name on the screen before swiping her finger over it.

“Oppa?”

“You have to come, it’s Kyungsoo.”

She sat up, her brows furrowing.

“What are~”

“He got burned during one of their lab~”

She immediately dropped her phone in her purse and ran out of the unit.

Ryeowon stepped in the elevator and leaned back against the wall, she heard the doors open and she stepped out of the machine, her eyes went to the car parked to her right, it sat beside one Kai’s cars.

She looked at the key on her palm, and took a deep breath before dashing towards it and starting the engine.

 

 

Kyungsoo winced as the doctor made him sit, they were in a private room, Sehun and Kai were speaking with his mother, trying to comfort her, while his father was out fixing the documents needed for his medication.

“So, you forgot that you were holding onto these substances…which were extremely dangerous to your skin, and then you accidentally slipped then it hurt your left arm.” Chanyeol stated, he ignored the older male.

“What were you doing in the freshman chemistry room anyway?” He blinked again.

Because it was quiet, and I needed time alone. I wanted to stop thinking about your younger cousin because she’s been ignoring me.

“I wanted to some quiet time.” Kyungsoo murmured as the nurse wrapped his arm with gauze, then they all jumped as the doors opened, revealing a shaken Ryeowon.

“Ryeowon.” Mrs. Do smiled at her, Ryeowon’s car key slipped from her fingers as she walked towards Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol stepped back, Ryeowon’s eyes went to Kyungsoo’s injured arm. Her lips were pursed as she watched the nurse finish the bandage on his left arm.

“What happened?” She asked, her voice low. Kyungsoo paused and looked at her.

“I had an accident.” He replied carefully, she looked up to meet his gaze.

“It’s not serious?” She asked, Kyungsoo shook his head, she slowly nodded.

“Won, I~”

She stepped out of the room.

 

 

“She cares. She still does.” Sehun smiled as he picked up the key from the floor, Kyungsoo’s mother had stepped out to get a few things from their home.

“She drove here?” Kai blinked, Chanyeol smiled.

Kyungsoo slid down from the bed and walked out of the room.

“How long has it been?” Sehun asked.

“It’s been three years, ever since that accident. She must have been really worried.” Chanyeol nodded.

 

Ryeowon sat down on the wooden bench, she was at the hospital’s garden. She stared at her palms as she tried to calm herself.

Kyungsoo’s fine. It’s just a minor burn. He was even talking as he got his wounds treated.

She sighed and leaned back against the seat.

“I know what I did,”

She looked up, Kyungsoo sat beside her.

“And I would do it again, just without the alcohol.” He smiled at her, Ryeowon paused.

“I came here to apologize to you, Won. I know how I acted must have offended you.”

Ryeowon faced him.

“You don’t have to, you were drunk, I understand.” She replied, Kyungsoo shook his head.

“I wanted to say sorry for not realizing it soon enough.”

“What?” Ryeowon paused and looked at him, Kyungsoo smiled and cupped her cheek with his right hand.

 

“That it’s you, it has always been you.” He said before kissing her cheek.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++