007

Taking Chances

 

Ryeowon put on her sweater as she stepped out of the classroom; she was dressed in her cheerleader uniform for there was a game later in the afternoon.

“Sunbae, hi.”

She looked up, Shinah was walking beside her.

“Oh, how’s class?” She asked.

“It was the same, although mister Song got angry..again.”

“Isn’t he always?” Ryeowon grinned.

“But, sunbae, Kyungsoo…he asked me out.” She said secretly, Ryeowon blinked.

“R—Really?”

Shinah nodded excitedly.

“I was so nervous when we had coffee, I almost spilled it. He’s very intimidating.”

Ryeowon swallowed.

“Well, he..he can be very quiet at times.” Ryeowon nodded.

“Yes, at first he was, but when we had lunch, it was better.”

“You..You must like him a lot?” Ryeowon asked, she fidgeted on the hem of her skirt.

“I..cant say yet, sunbae. But..every time I see him, I get nervous.” Shinah winced, her cheeks blushing.

 

 

Sehun looked up as Ryeowon sat beside him with her lunch.

“Well, you don’t look so well.” He commented.

“The skirt doesn’t make me look enormous, right?” She asked him, Sehun sighed.

“Won, you always wear that uniform.”

“I have three sets.”

“Heol.” Sehun shook his head, then Haeyoung sat down across them.

“Oh, I invited her to join us.” Sehun nodded, Ryeowon gathered her sandwich.

“Oh dear god, not today.” She murmured before setting off, Sehun and Haeyoung watched in confusion as she rushed out of the cafeteria.

 

 

Ryeowon narrowed her eyes at her phone as it rang; she peeled off the wrapper of her sandwich and started to eat.

She was at the rooftop, trying to avoid everybody.

She hated it that she felt uncomfortable with Shinah. She didn’t know how to react to whatever the other girl was saying. It would be easier for her if she didn’t talk about Kyungsoo. She leaned on her knees and put her food down.

If only she didn’t have feelings for him, everything would be so much easier.

“Ya.”

She looked up and saw Kyungsoo walking to her.

“Kai has been calling you for twenty minutes, then he gave up and decided to tell me you were abducted by aliens..or in this case, by the rooftop.”

She shrugged.

“I just wanted some..quiet time.”

Kyungsoo nodded and sat across her.

“If you’re bothered about Haeyoung and Sehun, I am too. But I don’t think she’s….going to be like..her.” Kyungsoo said, his eyes landed on her unfinished sandwich.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“I ate half of it.”

“I mean, a real meal. You have to perform later.” He pressed.

“It’s fine, I just don’t feel like it.”

Kyungsoo sighed, he knew when not to press her too far. People might think that Ryeowon was shallow and happy go lucky, but in fact, she was the type who thinks too much and is always worried for others.

“I had a quick bite with Shinah earlier.” He started, trying to distract her.

“Really?” She looked up, Kyungsoo handed her a bottle of water.

“Yeah, she told me told you.”

She nodded back as she drank.

“Do you like her?” Ryeowon asked with a straight face.

“I mean, you never did this…thing.” She added, Kyungsoo smiled.

“I know, but I remember that talk I had with Sehun and Kai, it’s not so bad to meet new people, right?”

Ryeowon paused briefly, he was looking at her expectantly.

“Yeah, it’s not bad.”

He smiled and took her hand and pulled her down from the edge.

“Come on, let’s get you to Kai before he calls the police department.”

They walked towards the stairs together, Ryeowon remained quiet. She heard Kyungsoo sigh.

“Wonnie, really, what’s wrong?” He stopped walking.

“I’m fine, really.” Ryeowon faced him with a smile, Kyungsoo’s brows rose, she knew he wasn’t fooled by it.

 

“I’ll see you then,” She briefly wrapped her arms around his neck then ran towards the staircase.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++