008

Taking Chances

 

 

Ryeowon stepped in the apartment, Chanyeol was in the kitchen, munching on some fried chicken.

“Hi, Wonnie.” He cooed with open arms, Ryeowon sighed and just let her older cousin envelop her in his bear hug.

“How was camp?” She asked as she sat across him.

“It was okay, Sehun kept on complaining, the rooms didn’t have proper air-conditioning.”

“Typical.” She mused as she picked up a drumstick and started to eat, Chanyeol looked at her.

“I didn’t see you at lunch.”

“I was…wasn’t really hungry.” She nodded.

“I thought you were…over him. I mean you told me~”

“Yes, I told you I tried, but..I..well, it didn’t work out.”

 

 

“What?” Ryeowon narrowed her eyes at Sehun, Kyungsoo shook his head at the two. The three were at one of the university’s garden.

“I mean, just you and me, hanging out.”

“Yeah, you want to hang out at a bar. With alcohol.”  She scrunched up her nose.

“Come on, we used to sneak in when we were in high school, now, we can just stroll in.”

“Where’s the fun in that?” Ryeowon replied, Kyungsoo nodded along in amusement.

“Now, we can do it legally?” Sehun blinked, Ryeowon snorted.

“Okay, I give up on having this conversation with you, you are coming with me tonight.”

“You have Kai.” She pointed out.

“He has a date, sweetums.” Sehun chirped sarcastically.

 

 

Kyungsoo glanced up as the doorbell rang, he stood up from his study desk and headed towards the door, he blinked as he saw Kai through the screen. He opened the door and found his friend grinning with a box of pizza and beer in his arms.

“Sehun mentioned you had a date.” He said as he glanced at the wall clock, it was just ten in the evening, and it was still too early for Kai to finish a date at ten.

“Well, I had to ditch her.” He said as they sat on the stools at the kitchen counter.

“Ditch?” Kyungsoo paused before picking a slice for himself.

“Hyung, she showed up wearing a onesie.”

Kyungsoo almost laughed.

“I’m serious, I should have known when Sehun told me that she didn’t have any friends in campus.” Kai shook his head before taking a bite from his slice.

“Where is Sehun anyway? Ryeowon too.”

“Sehun wanted to have a drink, he dragged Won with him.” Kyungsoo replied, Kai grinned and leaned forward.

“So, how’s it going with you and Wonnie’s friend?”

“It’s…okay, I don’t want to rush things~”

“But you like her, huh?” Kai pressed, Kyungsoo just sighed.

“But, I worry about our Wonnie.” Kai started.

“Why?”

“I mean, she practically ignores every guy who approaches her, she’s too…I don’t know, unreachable?” Kai said.

“You know her, maybe she’s not ready.”

“How about if she’s still single by she reaches thirty five we ask her to marry any of us. Well, if we three are still single. Or anyone left between the three of us.”

“Awesome, I can almost hear Ryeowon puking at this idea.” Kyungsoo shook his head.

 

 

Chanyeol sat up from the couch and reached for his ringing cellphone.

“Eomma?” He answered.

“Really?...Right now?” He asked, he scratched the back of his head.

“But….Arassoyo.” He sighed before putting his phone down; he grabbed a notepad from his desk and wrote a note for Ryeowon before taking off.

 

 

Ryeowon looked at her drink, the music in the club was vibrating through out the room, and she would do anything just to get out of the wretched place only if it weren’t for Sehun, who was sitting beside her, drinking.

Then a girl in a tight black dress passed by, she saw Sehun glance over and checked the girl out as she walked.

“Oh my gosh, how could you?” She slapped his arm, Sehun winced.

“What?”

“You ert.”

“Wonnie, we’ve been friends since we were twelve. It’s normal for boys to look at girls with nice…racks.”

“You think she has better s than me?” She balked, Sehun sighed.

“Wonnie, please~”

Ryeowon just rolled her eyes at him.

“You ert. Still, my s are better.”

 

“Oh dear god.” Sehun groaned.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++