006

Taking Chances

 

 

Chanyeol flipped the meat as the younger ones squabbled.

“So, how did that thing go earlier? When that guy spoke to you.” He asked.

“Well, 94 here gave me away.” Ryeowon said, Sehun made a face.

“Yeah, what was that about? It’s my schedule today.” Kai hit his arm.

“You guys have a schedule?” Kyungsoo paused in amusement.

“See? Even hyung doesn’t know.” Sehun pointed out.

“The point here is that, you embarrassed me in front of of…that….”

“His name is?” Sehun teased.

“Person.” Ryeowon made a face at him, Kyungsoo chuckled and just placed some meat on her bowl.

“Just eat, Wonnie.” Chanyeol shook his head.

“You know what they say, the reason why the hottest girls don’t date is that because,” Kai started, they all looked at him.

“First, is that she may have a frozen heart. But our Wonnie isn’t like that. She’s the opposite.”

“This is getting weird.” Ryeowon just continued to eat.

“The other one is that most of her friends are males, that’s why most potential boyfriends are intimidated by her.” Kai nodded solemnly.

The other started to nod slowly, Ryeowon looked up.

“You have way too much male friends.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Oppa, I only have these three.” She gestured towards Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo.

“Well, two of them are in the soccer team and Kyungsoo here is a genius in his department.”

“So?”

“They might think that you’re standards are way too high.” Kai nodded.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” Kyungsoo told him, Ryeowon chuckled.

“I just feel comfortable with you guys. I don’t feel like changing that, I’m not even interested in meeting new guys.”

“Awwe, we love you too, sweetums!” Kai cooed.

 

 

Ryeowon was finishing her term paper when Chanyeol exited his room pulling his trolley case with him, before she could speak, Kai and Sehun entered also bringing their bags.

“Uhm, it’s a Saturday?” She blinked as she closed her laptop.

“Yes, we have this training camp, we’ll be back by Monday afternoon.” Sehun said.

“Huh? No one told me.”

“Well, now you know, sweetums.” Kai smiled at her.

“What? Wha—You’re going to leave me alone?” She balked.

“Just camp in at Kyungsoo’s.” Chanyeol waved at her, she blinked.

“Wow, thanks, oppa.” She rolled her eyes, Kai just chuckled and kissed the crown of her head before leaving.

 

 

It was a peaceful Saturday morning for Kyungsoo, he was in his living room, sitting on the floor while studying a few notes he had made when the door opened. He looked up and saw Ryeowon carrying along with her a backpack and a large duffel.

“The guys left, they have this training camp.” She spoke as she pushed the door open to one of the spare rooms. Kyungsoo saw her drop the bags on the bed before heading out again.

“So can I stay over?” She asked.

“Well, you’ve already made yourself comfortable.” He replied before turning his attention to his book. Ryeowon plopped down on the couch behind him.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll just be here, quiet and wont disturb you.”

Kyungsoo nodded, the room grew quiet,  Won was lying on her stomach, then she glanced at him.

“So,”

Kyungsoo shut his book close and grinned.

“That was your new record, twenty nine seconds.”

Ryeowon made a face at him.

“Movie marathon?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Why not? Will you make hot chocolate?” She beamed at him, Kyungsoo just smiled and stood up.

 

 

“It’s ten am. Ten am?!” Ryeowon balked as she rushed out of the room, Kyungsoo looked up from the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes groggily before lifting herself up on the stool.

“Hmm, now I know why we’re friends.” She mused as she looked at the meal Kyungsoo prepared.

“I only made these because I had a lot time preparing.” Kyungsoo pointed out, she chuckled then they both looked up as doorbell rang.

“Just start eating.” Kyungsoo urged her before getting the door, Ryeowon picked up her chopsticks.

“Kyungsoo, good morning.”

She looked up at the familiar voice. Shinah stepped in the living room with Kyungsoo, she almost dropped her spoon.

“I did mention she was staying over,” Kyungsoo nodded to Shinah.

“Good morning, sunbae.” She greeted cheerfully, Ryeowon could only smile back.

“We’re going out for coffee and lunch today.” Kyungsoo said, she nodded.

“Don’t you have practice today? I made some sandwiches for you.”

“I do, thanks. Enjoy your day.” Ryeowon nodded, Kyungsoo patted her hair down before grabbing his coat.

Ryeowon gave Shinah a wave before the two stepped out.

 

 

Ryeowon panted as she jogged back to the bench, she grabbed her water bottle, before she could take a sip her phone beeped.

Is your practice done? I’ll pick you up. –Kyungsoo

She paused for a moment, she checked the time, it was already two in the afternoon.

Okay, we’re finished. See you. She typed in before sending.

“So, I think we’re almost done.” Haeyoung walked to her, Ryeowon nodded back. Her thoughts went back to what she heard at the restroom, but Sehun dating again really did bother her.

“Yes, maybe by Monday, we’ll just need to polish~” She heard a honk a few yards away from them, Kyungsoo’s Audi was already parked across the exit gates. Ryeowon grabbed her bag and jogged towards the car.

“I’ll see you at Monday, guys!” She hollered with a smile before turning away from them.

 

 

“So,” Ryeowon started as Kyungsoo drove away from the stadium.

“Well, she asked me if we could go out a few days after we met. We bumped in at the cafeteria.”

“Oh, cool.” She nodded back.

“So, did you get along well?”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“She’s actually very intellectual, and interesting.”

Ryeowon chuckled and slapped his arm.

“What?” Kyungsoo eyed her warily.

“Most guys would say something like; “Oh, she’s really hot and all over the place.”.”

“That would be Kai, sweetums.” Kyungsoo pointed out, she laughed.

“Well, I’m happy for you. I hope everything works out.” Ryeowon nodded.

“I know what happened last Friday,” Kyungsoo started, she looked away.

“Won, don’t let them get to you, they don’t know what they’re saying.”

“I don’t want to talk about this.” She murmured, Kyungsoo frowned. It all started in high school, girls had become jealous of the fact that Ryeowon was close with Kai and Sehun, it was then when they started bullying her and pranking her. It even went bad as to Ryeowon tried cutting herself.

“Okay.” Kyungsoo nodded, Ryeowon just stared at the window.

 

 

“How are you?” Chanyeol asked from the other line.

“I’m fine, oppa.” She replied as she lay flat on the bed, her brows furrowed as she looked at the window.

“I didn’t mean that.”

She sighed.

“I’m sorry, I forgot to tell you, I would have driven you home.” He apologized.

“Oppa, it’s just…”

“I heard, about your friend asking him out, well, what I didn’t expect was Kyungsoo saying yes.”

“I’m fine, oppa. Really.”

She could hear Chanyeol sigh from the other line.

“This is why I hate this talk.” She muttered.

Chanyeol couldn’t help but chuckle.

“I know, I’ll see you on Monday.”

“Hang in there, Wonnie.”

 

 

“Always have.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++