025

Taking Chances

 

Kyungsoo was having dinner with his family in a closed dining hall, his father was eating quietly while his mother was trying to coax him to speak.

“So, have you decided yet?”

Kyungsoo blinked at his mother.

“About what, eomma?”

“Your specialty! Are you okay? You seem be bothered.” She chided, Kyungsoo put his chopsticks down.

“I figured I should take up cardiology.” He replied.

“Heart doctor?” She nodded and glanced at her husband.

“Someone told me that I don’t know anything about the matters of the heart, so I’d like to learn.”  He nodded timidly.

 

 

Ryeowon found herself alone in the unit, her brows furrowed.

“I know that you and Luhan…aren’t…the same with you and Kyungsoo.”

“He finally confessed to you now you leave him.”

She bit her lip.

“Before things go haywire,”

She glanced as Chanyeol stepped in the living room.

“I don’t care if you decide to marry Luhan or break it off. I’m not forcing you to run to Kyungsoo either. But I want you to be greedy.”

“Oppa, I~”

“I want you to think about yourself. Don’t try to please others, put yourself first, Wonnie.”

She looked away.

“Because at the end of the day, it’s all gonna be your decision to make.” He smiled, Ryeowon sighed and just walked to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Then, will you run the company after you graduate? You know, if they disown me.” She winced, Chanyeol chuckled.

“Would you rather have Oh Sehun never speak to you again?” He replied, she smiled before pulling away and grabbing her car key.

“Isn’t she going to change first?” Chanyeol mumbled, referring to her cheerleader uniform, Ryeowon had just come from practice.

 

 

“So, cardiology, then?”

Kyungsoo nodded at his father.

“That’s good then, so what about that girl you were seeing? Shinah, right?”

Kyungsoo froze, but he looked up.

“About her, appa, I~”

“What about her?” The door suddenly opened, revealing a panting Ryeowon still clad in their university’s colors.

“Good evening, auntie and uncle.” She smiled at them.

“Ryeowon, hi.” Kyungsoo’s dad stood up and ushered her to their table.

“Come eat with us, darling.” Mrs. Do smiled at her, Kyungsoo stared at his friend.

“But…what brings you here? Not that you’re not welcome.” Kyungsoo’s father looked at her.

“Ah…you see, I wanted to talk to Kyungsoo and…tell everyone I know that~”

“Is this about your engagement? We received the invitation yesterday.” Mrs. Do smiled and clapped in glee.

“That too, it’s not happening.” She chuckled, Kyungsoo balked.

“Really?” The elders blinked, she nodded.

“That’s what I wanted to talk about…with him.” She jutted her lips towards their son.

“Ah, good. You two can talk over dessert, we’re kind of tired anyway.” Mrs. Do patted her hand before calling for the waiter.

 

 

Kyungsoo exhaled as his parents exited the room.

“What is it?” He asked, Ryeowon looked at the parfait set before her, her brows furrowed.

“I’m sorry for barging in.” She mumbled, Kyungsoo shook his head.

“They like you anyway, don’t bother.” He replied, Ryeowon grew quiet again.

“Not talking?” Kyungsoo asked again.

She just stared at her parfait.

 “I thought Sehun told you about not running around wearing that skirt.” He murmured.

“And, without a coat.”

“Won,” Kyungsoo sighed, then she looked up, her gaze meeting his.

 

 

 

“Were you planning to introduce Shinah to your parents?” She questioned.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++