022

Taking Chances

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked up from the dining table as Ryeowon stepped out of her room, she was dressed in her cheerleading uniform.

“Good luck later, oppa.” She said to him before joining him for breakfast, it was a Friday and they had a game in two hours.

“Ya, we won the championships, this shouldn’t be~”

Their front door opened, Kyungsoo stood there, he looked doubtful but he stepped in. Chanyeol tensed in his seat.

“Hyung, Won.” He stated as he walked to them, before he could speak, Ryeowon grabbed her backpack and walked out of the unit.

 

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip in worry, Chanyeol put his spoon down.

“Why?” The older male asked.

“Hyung, I..”

“You are so stupid!” Kai walked in the unit, his eyes narrowed. Kyungsoo looked away.

“You ask he why she left you then you kiss her. But the whole time she was waiting for you, she was watching you like another woman, and now you come knocking at her door, trying to win her back?” He snapped, Chanyeol paused, how did Kai know?

“Jongin, Ryeowon…she’s my friend. I didn’t know if the things I’m feeling~”

“The things you felt when you saw her with Luhan?” He spat.

“Hyung, everyone knew. You love Wonnie. I don’t know how that top med nerd student brain of yours process these things, but that’s the answer for you.” Kai stated.

“You even let Shinah take over her place in our group.” Kai said flatly.

“I broke up with her…last night before I went drinking. I felt bad, I realized that…it’s always been Ryeowon. I just didn’t know.”

“So, tell her that.” Chanyeol spoke.

“Because I don’t think she’ll stop the engagement from happening, she’s been hurt so much.”

 

 

Sehun looked up as Ryeowon sat down beside him, the lecture hall was still empty and they had an hour before class starts.

“I’m here because I want to sleep before class.” Sehun sighed, Ryeowon didn’t comment, but she just dropped her bag on the floor beside her.

Sehun grew alarmed and sat up, his brows furrowed as he studied her face.

“Is this about..what~”

“Don’t.” She winced and leaned back against her seat.

“Please tell me you didn’t ignore him when he tried to talk you.”

Ryeowon didn’t reply, Sehun bit his lip.

“Why?”

“Sehun, he kissed me.” Her brows furrowed, confused.

“So?”

“He’s with Shinah, Sehun.” She winced.

“Well, you were in love with him when you went out with Luhan hyung.”

Ryeowon’s eyes widened and looked at him.

“I noticed…that with you and Kyungsoo hyung, it’s different. I mean, sure, I love you, but to me you’re Wonnie. Someone who likes to annoy the hell out of me and ask me to compare her s with another girl’s. But…you and Kyungsoo hyung, you’ve always been a tandem since high school.” Sehun glanced at her.

“He never dated anyone since we entered college, now you encourage him, he does it.”

“Oh Sehun, what are you~”

“You like him, and yet you don’t know anything. He likes you but, he doesn’t know it. It’s frustrating, you know.” He faced her, Ryeowon was blinking at him, Sehun smiled and just pulled her hair away from her face.

“So, here I am, telling you not to be hard headed about this, he just wants to talk to you.”

“Sehun…It’s Luhan.”

“Yes! About that. How could you just go with the flow with everything?! You really want to get into a love less marriage?” He snapped, gone was the lovely and gentle Oh Sehun two seconds ago.

“I..was..willing to let it go. My feelings… But he lied to me.”

“Luhan did?”

“He knew whom I was when we first met, he knew that I was going to be his fiancé, that was why he tried to be friends with me.” Ryeowon stated.

“Won~”

“But then he kissed me and told me he had feelings for me. That was when I realized maybe I should just learn how to love him.”

“He lied to you.” Sehun said.

“I know. See? It’s always difficult when feelings are involved. I hate feelings!”

“Won, they are both waiting for you.”

Ryeowon met his gaze.

 

 

“I don’t want to do it. I’m done.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++