016

Taking Chances

 

 

“What part of “get rid of her” doesn’t make sense?” Kai muttered darkly as he entered the cafeteria with Sehun, he could see Shinah at their table with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

“Oh, hi guys!” Ryeowon walked up to them.

“Quick grab sweetums.” Kai stated before taking another table, before Ryeowon could react Sehun yanked her with him.

“Why are we sitting here?” She asked, Sehun made a face.

“We don’t like that table anymore.”

“Why?” She opened her sandwich and looked at her two friends.

“We just have~”

“Ryeowon sunbae,” A male had walked up to them, Kai and Sehun squinted at him.

“Hi?” She blinked, the male smiled and placed a small box beside her tray.

“It’s a cupcake, I just wanted to give you one.”

“Oh, really? Thank you~”

“Why are you giving her cupcakes? Do you want her to gain weight and get kicked out of the squad?” Sehun looked up, the male froze. Ryeowon blinked at Sehun, Kai could only wince as Sehun’s lame excuse.

“Aniyo, sunbae. I was just wanting to ask Ryeowon sunbae if she was free this weekend.”

“You know what? He’s right. I can’t deal with gaining weight this week. I’m sorry.” Ryeowon handed him the box. The younger male bit his lip and looked at her.

“Then weekend?”

“Weekend? What weekend?” She blinked and glanced at her two friends, Kai could only scratch the back of his head.

“What about the weekend?” Luhan sat beside her, the younger male immediately stepped back and left. Ryeowon grinned at Luhan.

“New table?” He asked.

Ryeowon looked at the two.

“Well, we prefer to only have one girl with us while eating, and Shinah’s already there.”

“Why?” Luhan grew amused.

“Priorities.” Kai shrugged.

 

“Oppa,” Shinah said again, she had been trying to catch Kyungsoo’s attention.

Chanyeol looked up from his noodles.

“Where are they? Kai and Sehun. Ryeowon.” Kyungsoo stated.

Shinah’s brows furrowed briefly.

“They have the same classes, they must have gotten~”

“Why are they seated at another table?” Kyungsoo frowned and dropped his chopsticks.

“Maybe they decided to join Luhan?” Chanyeol offered.

“I was worried that she felt left out now she’s not even joining us.” Kyungsoo replied, Shinah leaned back on her seat.

“I’m going back to the lab.” Kyungsoo muttered before standing up, Chanyeol winced and slowly left the table.

 

 

 

“I think they hate her.” Ryeowon said as Luhan walked with her, they had decided to grab ice cream at the campus gardens.

“Maybe they’re just worried about you.” Luhan nodded.

“Right, but she’s Kyungsoo’s girl, anyway, I see that the game’s tonight.” She nudged his shoulder, Luhan smiled.

“I expect you to perform at your best.

”What are you saying? We always do.” She rolled her eyes, Luhan chuckled.

Ryeowon was about to reply when her phone suddenly rang, she looked at the screen.

“Parents?” Luhan grinned at her.

“Yes, I’ll see you at practice then.” Ryeowon squeezed his hand before stepping away, Luhan just smiled as he watched her leave.

 

 

“Kyungsoo, hi.” Ryeowon breathed as she gathered her things and tossed them in her duffel, she was at the shower room, they had just finished practice twenty minutes ago.

“Dinner at your place? Sure. I’ll tell oppa and the guys.” She nodded.

“Try not be late.” Kyungsoo reminded, she chuckled before ending the call. Then she grabbed her bag and headed out.

“Hello, Kai’s sweet cheeks.”

She turned around and found Sehun and Luhan leaning against the wall, waiting for her.

“Hi, Kyungsoo called~”

“I know.” Sehun just took her bag from her, she smiled and looked at Luhan.

“You left your mp3 by the bleachers.” He stated as he handed the device to her.

“Thanks, I was~” One of her fellow cheerleaders stepped out of the shower room clad in short shorts that showed her cheeks. Sehun glanced at the girl.

“Oh my gosh, Oh Sehun, I’ve never been this hurt.” Ryeowon slapped his arm, Luhan blinked.

“What now?” Sehun winced.

“You think her but is better than mine?”

“Well, hers have more volume.” He shrugged, Ryeowon made a face at him before turning around.

“Mine has volume! How could you say that?” Ryeowon hissed at him, Sehun just winced and gestured for her to turn around again. Luhan balked.

“Look! I do enough squats to keep  the “volume”!”

“Ryeowon, please. What would Luhan hyung think?”

“Right, Luhan what do you think?” She asked still talking about her behind.

 

 

“Oh dear god.” Sehun sighed and just pulled his friend with him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++