Seventeen

Want You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanhee, it is not good for you to cry over him. He will not be happy if he saw you like this.” Hyuna said when she saw her cousin cried again while hugging Alex’s photo. It has been a week since Alex gone and Chanhee still can’t accept the reality. She stayed in her room and did not go to the office. “Mourning is not a good thing, Channie-ah.” She continued.

“You don’t understand me, Hyuna. How can I just live my life normally when the one I loved with all my heart gone?! Tell me!” Chanhee said.

Alex passed away when it is only 3 weeks before their wedding day. Chanhee still remember the saddest memory in her life after she lost both of her parents...

 

Flashback... (a week before Alex passed away)

Chanhee just got back from the boutique to try out her wedding dress. Honestly she was too excited for her wedding day that less than a month. Her wedding dress was chosen by Alex and she admitted that her fiancé has good eyes because that dress was so beautiful. She sang random song as she drove back to her office. She was clearly in a good mood today. After she parked her car at the parking lot, she received a call from Mrs. Jung or ‘Mommy’ as what Mrs. Jung asked her to called her. Mrs. Jung as Mommy and Mr. Jung as Daddy. She loved both of them so much because they treated her just like her own parents treated her.

“Hello Mommy?” Chanhee answered the phone call cheerfully. Her smile dropped as Mrs. Jung told her a very bad news. Her lips quivering as she tried to refrain herself from crying but failed as the tears flowed out from her eyes.

“Chanhee... honey, Alex is admitted to the hospital. He... Daddy found him fainted in his office this morning. C-can you come to the hospital right now, honey?” Mrs. Jung was probably crying too as her voice was huskier than normal.

“Mommy, h-how is him? Is Alex okay?” Chanhee cried harder.

“Just come here first, Chanhee.”

Chanhee did not think anything else. She quickly get inside her car and called Myungsoo to inform him that she won’t be at office today. She can’t focus on her driving as the memory that both of them created together with Joohyun played in her mind. Her tears won’t stop flowing out, ruining her make up. Not that she actually mind about her ruined-make up as her fiancé was battling with cancer on the hospital bed right now.

As soon as she knew which room Alex was admitted to from the receptionist, she quickly ran with a heavy heart to the room. Mrs. Jung was waiting at outside at the room when Chanhee just arrived.

“Mommy!” Chanhee called out and both of them were hugging each other, tried to comfort each other.

“How is Alex, mommy? Tell me that he is okay.” Chanhee cried badly when she looked at Mrs. Jung’s sad face.

“C-chanhee. The doctor said that he might... he might not survive this time.” Mrs. Jung quickly hugged Chanhee’s frail body as she looked like she will fall down anytime. She helped him to sit down on the chair and hugged her tighter.  She can’t do anything right now. Even money can’t buy one’s health. Her only son was battling with cancer in the hospital room.

“Mommy, I want to see him. Please...” Chanhee begged. She gripped at Mrs. Jung’s hand.

“I want to see him.”

“I think he will be happy when he saw you.” Mrs. Jung smiled. Both of them entered the room that Chanhee never think she will go inside. There, on a bed lying a skinny man as the IV drops and all the wires on his body. Chanhee’s heart clenched.

She wanted to crying on her bed under her thick blanket so much but she knew she had to be strong so Alex will feel motivated to fight with the cancer.

 

That night, Alex opened his eyes and he saw his fiancée slept on a chair and her head was on the bed while she holding his hand. Judging from her outfit, he can guessed that this pretty lady came here from her workplace.  He forced his hand to move. He put his hand on Chanhee’s face and caressing that pretty little face.

She still looked beautiful with the tears stained her pretty face. Chanhee woke up when she felt something touched her face. She opened her eyes and saw Alex smiled at her.

“Alex!” she couldn’t think anything else right now. She hugged him tightly and crying. “Don’t you dare to leave me like this again!” she still crying.

“Hey, pretty.”

“Don’t you dare to ‘hey’ me, mister! Wait here, I will call doctor and your parents.” As much as he wanted for her to stay but he knew that doctor needed to check on him and his parents needed to be told about his condition.

After a few seconds, two doctors and a few nurses came inside his room.

After done, Chanhee went inside back with Alex’s parents. Mrs. Jung cried when she saw that her son finally woke up and she showered him with kisses. He managed to make his mom calm down. This is why he decided to be secretive about his illness when he found out that he has cancer.  He hated when everyone felt pity for him.

 

The doctor not allowed him to discharge from the hospital even though yesterday he showed some improvement. He hated hospital so much. Chanhee will come everyday after she finished her works to take care of him. Sometimes she bring Joohyun and sometimes she was alone. Chanhee’s family already paid him a visit yesterday and they prayed him to get better quickly. He knew his body the best. He knew that he will not last any longer. He had to do something. He doesn’t want Chanhee to feel lonely after he passed away.

His body felt weaker after each day passed but he pretended to be stronger and ignored all his pain when he was with Chanhee and his family. He will make jokes and pretend that he is healthy enough to played with Joohyun but in reality he is not. He loved to make Chanhee smiled and laugh because Chanhee’s laughed was the most beautiful thing he ever heard.

After 5 days staying in the hospital, he can’t keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter