One

Want You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanhee looked at the clock hanging above the television while putting her son under the thick blanket on the sofa. It's already 12 yet her husband was nowhere to see. The storms and lightning woken up a poor baby boy and he cried. Chanhee quickly went to her son's side and pick him up. 

"Aigoo poor my Joohyunnie. You're afraid, eh?  Shhh shh stop crying, mommy is here. Go to sleep." She tried to put her son to sleep in her embrace but seemed like the lightning and storms didn't want to stop and the rain poured heavily at the outside of the small house.

"Where is daddy? Byunghun... come back faster. I didn't know what to do..." she brought Joohyun to the sofa and feeding him hoping that the little Joohyunnie will calm down and go to sleep.

It's not like it was the first time Byunghun come back home late like this. 3 weeks... It's already 3 weeks he became like that; coming home late and the time he spent with his family became lessen. 

Chanhee smiled when he saw Joohyunnie already fallen asleep and the storms already gone but the rain still poured heavily. She put Joohyunnie on the sofa carefully and wrapped the tiny body with the thick blue blanket. 

The headlight from a far that came from outside startled her a bit. She peeked through the curtain and saw her husband went out from the luxury car that was drove by a woman. After bidding a goodbye, Byunghyun quickly ran towards the house because of the heavy rain.

Chanhee quickly opened the door for her husband. "Chanhee-ah, why are you not sleeping yet?" Byunghun asked after plopping himself down on the sofa across the sofa that Joohyunnie was sleepinG. "I was waiting for you."

Silence.

"I saw the woman you bought you back. It's the same woman I saw with you weeks ago, Byunghun?" Chanhee tried to lower her voice because she didn't want to wake Joohyun. 

"She... just a friend that I knew at the company. It was raining so she being kind and sent me to home. I don't see anything wrong with that." Byunghun stood up and went to the kitchen. He saw foods and dishes on the dining table. He looked at Chanhee curiously.

"Do you want to eat? I will re-heat them for you." Chanhee quickly picked up the plates and she stopped when Byunghun said, "I already have my dinner with my friend."

"Oh." Chanhee smiled awkwardly and stared the floor. 'He forgot what day is today. He... he forgot that today is our 2nd anniversay, my birthday... he even have a dinner with that woman.'

 

Byunghun worked as a worker at a company at the outskirt of Seoul. Eventhough the job not suitable with his degree, he willingly to take the job because he needed money for his family. His parents practically disowned him after he decided to marry with an orphanage girl 2 years ago. His mothe said that Chanhee was not in the same class with their family and it will shame down the family and his father threatened him that he will lose his position at the company and he will disown him if he marry Chanhee. 

Chanhee always encouraged him and even decide to back away if she is the reason why Byunghun fought with his parents but Byunghun didn't care. He loved Chanhee so much so he decided to marry Chanhee and then his family disowned him.

 

Chanhee woke up at the sound of the knocking at the front door. She looked at the screen of her handphone and it's only 5 in the morning. She barely sleep because she kept thinking what's going on with their family. 

She kissed her sleeping husband and son's forehead and heading to the door. She opened the door and she stunned seing Byunghun's ex-bodyguards infront of their small house.

"Y-yes, what did you need?" Chanhee stuttered. 

"Mrs Lee and Miss Lee asked Sir Byunghun to go back to their house because his father was admitted in the hospital last night. He fell in the bathroom." one of the bodyguards said monotonely.

"What? How is his condition?!" Chanhee couldn't help but worrying about her father-in-law. 

"He kept mentioning Sir Byunghun in his sleep and the doctor said it's better to bring Sir Byunghun there because he might helping the recovery."

"So... so, Byunghun needs to go there?"

"Yes."

Chanhee quickly ran to the sleeping Byunghun and waking him up.

"What's the matter, Chanhee? It's only 5 and-"

"Your bodyguards are here and they said that your father was admitted to the hospital because he fell down at the toilet last night."

"What?!" Byunghun jolted up, waking Joohyun who was sleeping and ran to the front door. Joohyun smiled and asked Chanhee to pick him up.

Chanhee kissed his chubby cheeks and walked to the front door. "Chanhee, I need to go back now." Byunghun said. Chanhee felt sad because she will depart away from her husband for days but she can't be selfish.

"Yes. I think you should go too. I will help you packing your clothes."

 

"Always lock your door and windows. Don't let strangers in. Make sure you eat in time and please take care of Joohyunnie for me." Byunghun said and pecked Chanhee's forehead. Then he kissed Chanhee for a long time on the plump pinkish lips, trying to savour every taste on Chanhee's mouth.

"I will miss you. Joohyunnie, take care of mommy, arasso? Daddy will miss you too." Byunghun the kissed Joohyun's cheeks made the baby giggled because he felt ticklish  with his daddy's small moustache abouve his mouth.

"Sir, are you ready? We need to go now." Then a bodyguard asked.

"Ah, yes yes. Goodbye Chanhee. I will call you later, " He pecked for the really last time before she followed the bodyguards into the car.

"Bye Byunghun! Joohyun, say bye bye to daddy!" Chanhee said waving Joohyun's small arm made the baby laughed. "Dadda! Bye... dadda!"

After the car missing from her sight, she locked the door and took Joohyun for a bath at the bathroom.

 

Two weeks later...

"Byunghun, answer my call please...." Chanhee said while keep dialling Byunghun's number. Byunghun promised to always call her but since Byunghun went back with his bodyguards, he never once call Chanhee and answer Chanhee's call. "Momma!" Joohyunnie called Chanhee and crawling to her side. Chanhee smiled and lovingly Joohyunnie's head. "I am calling your daddy but he didn't answer my call, Joohyunnie." Chanhee pouted.

"Dadda!" the baby yelled and then laughed amde Chanhee smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter