(2NE1 CL) More Hunger Games

K-Pop One Shot Compilation (WWMBD)

CL is District 1, Bom is 2, Dara is 6, Minzy is 11; I’m just writing this out clearly before I begin (although, like the first HG Oneshot, only a couple of them are mentioned and/or involved in this narrative)

Warnings for violence and extreme badassery… and shortness

Word count: 465

———

And the axe embedded itself deep in the soft gold of the cornucopia’s side, mere inches from where Chaerin’s head had been a second ago. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, literally feel it hammering away, and she knew that her small array of knives wouldn’t be of a whole lot of use against that district 7 boy. He threw axes like he’d been practicing from infancy, which in fact he probably had been. She hadn’t learned his name, but he looked around fourteen or fifteen, and as young as that may sound, it was definitely long enough for him to have mastered his craft. 

Chaerin took a deep breath, having made those calculations in less than a couple of seconds, and whipped around and out of the way before something else, an arrow this time and almost certainly from someone else, almost put a gash in her left shoulder. This was bad, this was bad. If she didn’t do anything soon, she’d be pinned to the wall behind her like a butterfly in a display case, which obviously she did not want; on the other hand, she supposed, the audience might appreciate the irony of her meeting her end at the very place that should have given her supplies and food to help her survive. Ugh.

Chaerin took a deep breath. If she could only-

When she spotted it, it was like seeing the gates of heaven open up before her eyes. Yes, a chink in 7’s armour.. He was limping ever so slightly, reluctant to put too much weight on his left leg. Maybe he’d gotten hurt in the first few minutes of the games, maybe it had happened long before, but in any case he was doing a good job hiding it– so good that she hadn’t even noticed it until she had gotten this desperate. She lunged for the boy’s left, coming up around the back and pulling out a knife to stab him from behind, but she… missed…. and he turned around, reflexes faster than any human’s should be, but flinched a little as she stepped on his heel and pushed off to run away, and then he was falling in slow-motion, wincing, and chaerin was standing with her back against a tree 50 feet away.

In all the commotion,  Chaerin didn’t even notice that she had forgotten to keep track of arrow-wielder until a girl with a bow gripped in her right hand jumped down from above her head. Before she could even say a word, much less pull out a knife, the girl put down her weapon and stuck out her hand in a semblance of attempted friendship.

“I was aiming for him, sorry. You looked on the brink of death, and honestly,  those throwing knives aren’t going to do you much good in hand-to-hand.”

An alliance, easy as that.

———

Hope that was okay! I haven’t written in a while, so I’m probably out of practice.
So I organized their ages in the real age order of each group, keeping the eldest at 18 and not less because, as the kids get older, their names get put into the reaping ball more times (through cumulative name-entering and tesserae), so there’s, mathematically speaking, a higher probability that a tribute will be older (say, fifteen to eighteen) based on the number of times their name is put in the reaping ball.
So 18: Bom and Jin, 17: Suga and Dara, 16: Rapmon, J-Hope, and CL, 15: Jimin, V, and Minzy, 14: Jungkook