(SEVENTEEN Vernon) Thunder and Lightning (and Sweetness)

K-Pop One Shot Compilation (WWMBD)

“Can you write a scenario about hansol and his gf and she is scared of thunder and he tries to get her mind off of it?”

 

“No matter what you are scared of, I’ll be there to protect you from it”

You watched in distaste as the clouds started to turn dark and cover the sky, marking the start of a rainy evening. You strongly disliked rain, which included thunderstorms that would scare the living daylights out of you with the loud booms and crashes which filled the brisk air.

Every time there would be a thunderstorm, you would go hide under the bedsheets, covering your ears until the storm passed, and you were brave enough to come out. Often, you would stay there for hours, waiting for the horror to pass. You just had an irrational fear of thunder and loud noises.

Hansol didn’t know about it. You had avoided him whenever there was a thunderstorm warning, making up excuses to stay in bed or away from him, just so he wouldn’t be scared off because of your uncontrollable phobia. Today, though, you sent him grocery shopping, and hoped he would take a long time, just so he wouldn’t see you like that.

But a little part of you wondered how would he actually react, and hoped he would come home soon, to protect you.

“A thunderstorm warning is approaching your area. All citizens in close proximity to the warning area are encouraged to find shelter away from water as there is a large chance of lighting flashes.” Announced the radio. Groaning, you lay down on the couch in your apartment, squishing your face between the pillows, trying to block out all noises around you. While doing this, you didn’t hear Hansol quietly unlocking the apartment that you shared while carrying two large bags full of groceries.

“Sweetheart! Do you mind coming and helping me with this?” He complained as he dragged himself into the kitchen making a pouty face at you, which made you laugh as you sat up. Well, so much for hoping that he wouldn’t come home in time. Better just go along with it though, Skipping to him, you relieved him of one of the large paper bag which he held, unloading the contents before storing them carefully in the shelves, lined with different containers and jars.

CRACK, BOOM

Shrieking, you dropped the carton of eggs you were holding and pressed your hands to your ears. You fell to the ground, crying in earnest, wondering, “Why am I so afraid of this that I can’t function properly?”

Thinking quickly, Hansol’s hand shot out and caught the box before they could splatter on the ground. After he set them down carefully, he wrapped his arms around you, wiping your tears as he murmured quietly. You tried to block out all but his soft voice, trying to pull yourself together.

“Sweetheart. Listen to me. Look at me” Whispered Hansol in your ear

Turning around, you looked at him with tear-filled eyes, blinking away the tears, trying to focus on him. You saw his soft face filled with worry because of your current condition. You were shaking uncontrollably, hands still pressed to your ears, trying to get over the loud crashing noises which filled you head.

Hansol was filled with worry. He had never seen you get so scared at something. You had told him once about how you were terrified of thunder, but he had never thought that it would be so severe. His face was racked in pain, seeing your condition, wishing that he knew a way to console you. There was another crack in the sky and you doubled over in fear again, forehead pressed against the cold tiles of the kitchen which have been moistened with your tears.

Hansol let a tear fall from his eye. He couldn’t stand to se his girlfriend in such pain, even if it was from something which he considered a silly little bother. But seeing his girlfriend like that, he was unable to form clear sentences because of the girl in front of him.

You was curled up of the ground like a little baby, crying in earnest, with your hands pressed tightly against the sides of your head, as if you were trying to squeeze out your bad thoughts using force.

Hansol steadied himself and scooped you up gently, bridal style, as if you weighed next to nothing. In his arms, you felt a bit more secure, Carrying you the couch, he sat down, with you still in his arms. He lowered his head, kissing your nose, and your cheek, trying to get your mind off of the thunder.

You were grateful for him. He would be so caring, telling you everything would be alright, even when he was afraid. He would be so kind, using only the softest words to comfort you.

Looking up at him again, you blinked multiple times, then with a shaky hand, wiped away the tears on your cheeks. Each time there would be another clap of thunder, Vernon hugged you even tighter, whispering memories from happy times together. Slowly these distractions began to work, with coaxing and kisses, you slowly, but surely, started to ignore the loud claps of thunder. You were not as afraid of it as you were before.

He reminded you of the time you two went to the carnival together, and he won you a large stuffed animal which you keep on you bed to this day. He recalled the time where you two were fooling around in the photo booth, making faces at each other, ruining all 8 photos that you took with derp faces. He remembered the time where the two of you had a meal together on a cruise on the Han river, where the night stars were sparkling and only the two of you existed.

“Oppa, I thought that you would be scared of me and leave me if you ever saw me like this…” You mumbled. It was a thought that was running through your mind ever since you met him. You had worried about him leaving you when he saw your unstable condition when a trigger sound occurred.

“Sweetheart. Do you think I’m really that shallow?” He laughed

Hansol was truly the best.